Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• edited May 2021

@Samu said:
    Is there already a manual we can 'drool' over?
    AUv3 Multi-Out?
    Chromatic playback of imported samples?
    (I mostly interested in the synthesis capabilities though).

From the looks of it this could be a 'Ruismaker & Ruismaker FM' combined with more tweak-ability :)

Does it automatically generate patterns? Is there a customizable playable drum kit or a customizable series of pads? Ideally, there would be a way to incorporate both preset patterns and the ability to add custom accent hits to match a song.

• edited May 2021

Multi-segment envelops! I know some of us were looking for a SeekBeats replacement, and it looks like those MSEGs are available on most parameters.

I'd like to echo @Samu that multi-out is very, very important.
    I'd also like to add that 'zones' support for the sampler would be most welcome. Zones that can be triggered by either velocity, round robin, or random. (for example, 1 wav file containing 5 snare hits played 1 after the other, each hit a separate zone.)

Looks great so far!

• I hope everything is automatable, start and end points especially. Sample import is huge and the envelope shaping looks immense.

• I have a feeling we'll get plenty of videos of this on release day :)

• @Samu said:
    What's next FAC Soundtracker Pro for iOS/iPadOS? :D

(It's a tracker for the old MSX computers)

Nice song!

• Am I wrong, or did i hear 2 drum layers in the clip (base drum with a "tick")?

• @Identor said:
    Am I wrong, or did i hear 2 drum layers in the clip (base drum with a "tick")?

I just assumed that was part of the filter.

• @rs2000 said:

@Samu said:
    What's next FAC Soundtracker Pro for iOS/iPadOS? :D

(It's a tracker for the old MSX computers)

Nice song!

Definitely still want Sunvox AU with midi out. :pray:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • as the only person who really dislikes everything about drum computer I am so very happy

• @ehehehe said:

@NeuM said:

Looks interesting and I’ll probably get it just because I think Fred does such a great job on his apps, but what I’d REALLY like to see some intrepid developer come up with would be a drum machine app at least as good as the old Roland R-8 “human rhythm composer” drum machine. Other than Apple’s own drum programming options, there really are very few quality drum machine and pattern options available, which is why 99 times out of 100 I use iOS Garageband for the drums.

I’d take Drum Computer over that ancient stuff every time.

Excited for how this will be sounding!

Yeah… Speaking as a former drummer, I tried Drum Computer and was not impressed. Automated drum and percussion tools need to make my job more efficient, not less efficient.

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    as the only person who really dislikes everything about drum computer I am so very happy

You're not the only one. I can't stand it...
    (I've only tried the 'free' version but it was enough to make delete it...).

• @Samu said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    as the only person who really dislikes everything about drum computer I am so very happy

You're not the only one. I can't stand it...
    (I've only tried the 'free' version but it was enough to make delete it...).

Thirded.

• @ehehehe said:

@NeuM said:

@ehehehe said:

@NeuM said:

Looks interesting and I’ll probably get it just because I think Fred does such a great job on his apps, but what I’d REALLY like to see some intrepid developer come up with would be a drum machine app at least as good as the old Roland R-8 “human rhythm composer” drum machine. Other than Apple’s own drum programming options, there really are very few quality drum machine and pattern options available, which is why 99 times out of 100 I use iOS Garageband for the drums.

I’d take Drum Computer over that ancient stuff every time.

Excited for how this will be sounding!

Yeah… Speaking as a former drummer, I tried Drum Computer and was not impressed. Automated drum and percussion tools need to make my job more efficient, not less efficient.

I guess I can understand your approach then. I use it as a drum synth (and metronome) and like it better than most drum machines I’ve owned both in sound and especially features. Will absolutely check this one out as his other apps sound sweet.

Same, I love it.

• Hate drum computer? What the hell is wrong with you people?!? 😂

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Hate drum computer? What the hell is wrong with you people?!? 😂

Ha, I can totally see why some people would have no use for Drum Computer. I'm just not one of those people.

• Same, Ive created some amazing things with DC

@lukesleepwalker said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

Ha, I can totally see why some people would have no use for Drum Computer. I'm just not one of those people.

• In the past week or so I’ve decided to stop using Drummer in LPX. I suddenly realised it sounds like a demo song, every time, no matter what.

• Only thing I don’t like about drum computer is that it’s not universal. I would use it on every track otherwise. I get tracks quite far on iPhone these days then have to add it in later on iPad.

• Have to say I'm a huge fan of drum computer. Sound capabilities are rich and diverse. The pattern generator is loads of fun, powerful, visually clear and easy to use.

I'm interested in FAC's offering though because it looks user friendly to programme with the graphic envelopes and I'd say that is a downside of DC.

• @iOSTRAKON said:

i really don’t like how it sounds. i don’t like any of its presets, i don’t like what its random engine creates (oh, those godawful kicks). i did a couple of my own kits of sounds that i’m ok with, but it took me quite a lot of time and effort (and i love drum synthesis). it’s like i was fighting something that wanted to sound a very particular way. i think it leans towards organic sound, some digital/analog blend and i don’t really like that kind of sound.

• @vasilymilovidov out of curiosity what is your preferred drum synthesis app on iOS if not a DC fan?

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    i think it leans towards organic sound, some digital/analog blend and i don’t really like that kind of sound.

Very much this! Sometimes I'll cook something up in DC and I'll hear something in my monitors that I think is a weird bassline or keyboard part anomaly and then I isolate the murky warm tones and it's the kick drum flubbing away, hiding behind two other thwacky sounds. So, yeah, you have to like "that sound".

• Multiple instances of “Ruismaker Noir” is how I roll lately, but this looks interesting 🤔

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

i really don’t like how it sounds. i don’t like any of its presets, i don’t like what its random engine creates (oh, those godawful kicks). i did a couple of my own kits of sounds that i’m ok with, but it took me quite a lot of time and effort (and i love drum synthesis). it’s like i was fighting something that wanted to sound a very particular way. i think it leans towards organic sound, some digital/analog blend and i don’t really like that kind of sound.

Oh I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way, like all of the preset sounds are collections of everything but the sound you’re looking for. Try to find a bass drum for example, you’d think the category thing on the left would help narrow it down, so you select “Kick”… the sounds in this category range from a cat sneezing to the sound your television would make if you threw it in a bathtub full of water. (Kkkrrzzzcchct) so no, you’ve got to start from scratch.

My recommendation is to forget all of the preset drum sounds and make your own.

Here’s an example, a piece I did recently with Drum Computer after spending a looooooooong time dialing in some sounds that I thought sounded great, and sounds that I thought sound like, well, “drums”?

Btw, I’d be happy to share my DC presets if anyone wants them. This one “EA_drum6”, is the sixth preset I’ve made for DC so far.

• edited May 2021

@ehehehe said:

What options do you prefer on ios?

@soundtemple said:
    @vasilymilovidov out of curiosity what is your preferred drum synthesis app on iOS if not a DC fan?

i use seekbeats (yeah, even a non-auv3 app is better than DC for me) and a microtonic replica in drambo.