Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioModern Chordjam Released! Video Walkthrough (Winners announced)

AudioModern Chordjam Released! Video Walkthrough & Massive Giveaway!!

Chordjam by Audiomodern is a fun and powerful midi generator for iPad / Windows / Desktop (32/64 bit, standalone & M1 compatible. iPhone version will hopefully come in the future). I have a HUGE giveaway today allowing subscribers to win 1 of 5 copies of ANY audiomodern product for iOS OR DESKTOP!! Details are in the pinned youtube comment.

Chordjam allows you to play one-note chords with complex voicing, velocity, strumming and arp effects. It also has a sequencer and pads section allowing you to build up compositions and progressions, and includes innovative ways to randomise various elements with a lot of control over what gets randomized and what doesn't. In this video tutorial - which is filmed on ipad but is equally relevant to the desktop versions too - I walk you in detail through all you need to know to use the app, as well as reviewing what I like about the app and what I think could be improved.

App Store Link and Description:

https://apps.apple.com/app/chordjam/id1525005035?l=en

Chordjam is an innovative MIDI plugin that builds chords and progression patterns through intuitive user-guided randomization.

Choose from a variety of scale types, Chord types, voicing parameters, rhythms and progressions or have its powerful sequencer conjure up unlimited progression patterns for you, based on any combination of settings, serving up unpredictable but always-musical variations.

Create unique and complex chord structures and infinitely evolving progressions.

Chordjam is a real-time compositional assistant for iPad.

Designed to feed any Synth, Sampler and anything that accepts MIDI signal both software and hardware.

Featuring MIDI output support over WiFi or MIDI cable.
Chordjam also supports Ableton Link for tight sync between apps on the same network.

This video has timestamps when viewed in Youtube. Please support me and the channel by not watching behind an adblocker guys, thanks for your support!

Comments

• Max from AudioModern will hopefully join us in the premiere live chat btw!

• edited May 2021

The button has been pressed btw, but may take time to roll out, let us know when it rolls in in your area so others know too

• I'll be joining the stream but I do hope this is not the app that only accepts CC as note input :D
    (I plan to get this one when it pops up in the store, it's not available yet).

• Nice! I'll be at the premiere

• Nice - I'm a huge fan of Riffer and Playbeat so will be very interested in this...!

• I do wonder if this will be part of the bundle with Playbeat and Riffer?

• Its in the uk store 👍

• Will be interesting to see if this also chops the chords into arpeggiated melodies, strums etc.
    Stream Strats in 7 minutes or so :)

• It is out in china now

• Pretty reasonable price, i am guessing 8 bucks US, is that right? 50CNY

• Live in the UK store now....👍

• Woke up in time to get 20 minutes in. Thanks for this, @Gavinski 💖🥰💖
    Looks like a powerful assistant in composing and jamming

• @senhorlampada said:
    Woke up in time to get 20 minutes in. Thanks for this, @Gavinski 💖🥰💖
    Looks like a powerful assistant in composing and jamming

Powerful indeed, lol, and fun too!

• @Gavinski Has anything jumped out at you that sets this apart from all the other chord generators?

• Very cool app, although it is freezing up on me in AUM randomly.

• edited May 2021

@telecharge said:
    @Gavinski Has anything jumped out at you that sets this apart from all the other chord generators?

It’s random chord generator is a game changer!

• edited May 2021

Just had my first crash 2 mins in after selecting import audio file by mistake then cancel. Hopefully it’s not to by flaky!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Just had my first crash 2 mins in after selecting import audio file the cancel. Hopefully it’s not to flaky!

Seems like that feature is not stable yet…

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@telecharge said:
    @Gavinski Has anything jumped out at you that sets this apart from all the other chord generators?

It’s random chord generator is a game changer!

Yeah - the randomisation options are epic...👍

• This is a wonderful app! A game changer indeed for easy (and generative and 'one-finger') chord progressions and -arps and -strums and -pads for sure. Gavinski put too much emphasis on what was not right yet (his opinion) and all the things he had discussed with Audiomodern ... Here is a link to Audionmodern's own tutorial... NB. I had no problem what so ever in AUM (no crashes at all) to go along with this tutorial and trying things out.

• @telecharge said:

I don't really use chord generators much so I couldn't really comment, but I would like others to do so!

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Very cool app, although it is freezing up on me in AUM randomly.

Huh, didn't have any probs like that at all at my end.

I also just checked the arp against a metronome when using my interface (ie at 44.1 hz) and it was solid

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Just had my first crash 2 mins in after selecting import audio file the cancel. Hopefully it’s not to flaky!

Yeah I'll be very curious to hear if anyone gets the audio scale / key detection to work, I tried a few files, they all failed

• edited May 2021

@Harro said:
    This is a wonderful app! A game changer indeed for easy (and generative and 'one-finger') chord progressions and -arps and -strums and -pads for sure. Gavinski put too much emphasis on what was not right yet (his opinion) and all the things he had discussed with Audiomodern ... Here is a link to Audionmodern's own tutorial... NB. I had no problem what so ever in AUM (no crashes at all) to go along with this tutorial and trying things out.

I wouldn't say too much! In my opinion my review was very balanced, fair and objective. Sure some things come down to preference but it seemed there was a lot of agreement in the live chat. Audiomodern like criticism, they want feedback, they were super happy with the vid even though it had critical elements

• Now that i use only pc for music :-( I undersatnd why You guys said that Ipad apps are so cheap... same app that I have oin my Ipad cost literally a ton on mac/pc. Also this 39.00 vs 7.99 woowow

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Now that i use only pc for music :-( I undersatnd why You guys said that Ipad apps are so cheap... same app that I have oin my Ipad cost literally a ton on mac/pc. Also this 39.00 vs 7.99 woowow

You can get a discount at Plugin Boutique - https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/24-Sequencer/7635-Chordjam

• a fantastic companion for atom 2.
    needs some polish (like the presets system is at once great and a bit confusing and lacking), but really intuitive and powerful. much easier to use for basic composing than scaler 2.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Now that i use only pc for music :-( I undersatnd why You guys said that Ipad apps are so cheap... same app that I have oin my Ipad cost literally a ton on mac/pc. Also this 39.00 vs 7.99 woowow

it won't be like that much longer. ipad pro with m1 chip, then a major update for ipados, next is logic pro for ios and then we'll be paying crazy money for these apps.

• I'll sometimes feed Riffer into ScaleBud, set ScaleBud to Chords and send the output to Aphelian to arpeggiate things. Add Cality after Aphelian to add more randomization. I'll be interested to see how this compares to my Frankenstein solution.

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@Charlesalbert said:

it won't be like that much longer. ipad pro with m1 chip, then a major update for ipados, next is logic pro for ios and then we'll be paying crazy money for these apps.

_ totally agree_