Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 iOS AUv3 almost there for 'beta' :)

Hi folks,

We've been extremely busy with updating SynthMaster for the past year. Not only did we update it on the desktop (v2.9.9 released in December), but we also managed to port it to iOS! We are nearing a 'beta' status, here's a sneak peak:

Comments

• edited May 2021

Oh heck yea! Sounds great, and can’t wait! Lovely deep bass sounds. I’d be honored to join that beta when it becomes available. Congrats on the progress.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Oh heck yea! Sounds great, and can’t wait! I’d be honored to join that beta when it becomes available. Congrats on the progress.

+1 on this. It’s my favorite AUv3 synth app.

• Nice, my favorite synth getting an update. Looking totally forward to this. Same here, if you need beta testers hit me up. I’ll even make a video for my gigantic audience of 150 :D

• Daaaamn this is amazing news, wow 🤩

• Looks great! Love this synth.

• Sweet… Congrats..

• Oh, man. And right after I FINALLY went ahead after all these years and bought Synthmaster ONE.

• @kv331audio_bulent I've been looking forward to the Synthmaster 2 port for a long time, and I'd love to help with the beta testing. I love SM2, first synth I ever bought on desktop, back when it was $11.

• What's the difference between one and two?

• Take my money :D

• @ecou said:
    What's the difference between one and two?

That’s a really good question!

• @Intrepolicious said:

@ecou said:

That’s a really good question!

From what I can take from the website, v2 is mostly more of everything :). More oscilators, more filters, more modulators. Those kind of things.

• Love to join beta programme

• @NeuM said:
    Oh, man. And right after I FINALLY went ahead after all these years and bought Synthmaster ONE.

No worries, we will add an App Bundle (SynthMaster 1+2) on the AppStore. So those of you who purchased SynthMaster One iOS will pay the price difference only (Bundle price-SM1 purchase price as per Apple documentation)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@NeuM said:
    Oh, man. And right after I FINALLY went ahead after all these years and bought Synthmaster ONE.

No worries, we will add an App Bundle (SynthMaster 1+2) on the AppStore. So those of you who purchased SynthMaster One iOS will pay the price difference only (Bundle price-SM1 purchase price as per Apple documentation)

Cool!

• edited May 2021

@ecou said:

SM2 has:

1. 2 Layers as opposed to 1: For each layer you can set the keyboard/velocity zones (this is a recent feature we added)
    2. There's a lot more options for synthesis: More oscillator types (additive, vector) and more filter types (digital filters, vanalog filters, comb filters). There are 4 modulators (basic oscillators) which can be used as sub oscillators, ring modulators, fm/pm modulators. you can even connect modulators to each other and create complex FM sounds. For instance connect M1+M2 to Osc1, M3+M4 to Osc2, here's your 6 operator FM synth.
    3. Sample playback: SynthMaster 2 can import multisamples. Loop points in WAV files are recognized. Rename your multisamples in multiple ways and import easily: a) note names only in a folder. The folder name will be the multisample name. C1.wav C2.wav C3.wav under Guitar folder for instance b) . format: Piano.C1.wav Piano.C2.wav for instance
    4. Flexible FX routing: You can instantiate multiple instances of an effect in any insert fx slots. Layers have 5 fx insert slots + there are 2 parallel global Fx buses, you can route the output of layers to those.
  • Wow, that sounds immense!

• @kv331audio_bulent
    i'm so hyped about this. Will buy this in the first second of release :smile:

One Question: Can we please get one or two of those awesome color options of the desktop version, if its possible?
    It just makes the programming of patches way more fun.

• @Jusch1995 said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

One Question: Can we please get one or two of those awesome color options of the desktop version, if its possible?

Initially we will release the Blue skin, I'll see if we can work with Satyatunes on the other skins as well.

@Jusch1995 said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Initially we will release the Blue skin, I'll see if we can work with Satyatunes on the other skins as well.

Wow Thank you! very much appreciated

• First thought - oh, update by bundle, I will be paying full price so maybe not…

About 10s later - multisample support? Get in!

@Jusch1995 said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Yes please! Visual interface is quite important for some of us.

• edited May 2021

@israelite said:

I know! But for us it's quite challenging to support multiple layouts (3 for iPad 9/10/11 and 3 for iPad 12.9. We might add separate layouts for iPad 11 as well since it has a different aspect ratio)

Apple's own tools is not sufficient for RAD (Rapid Application Development), so we had to develop our own internal cross platform framework. Here's a screenshot of our GUI Editor which is written with Microsoft Visual Studio (!)

@israelite said:

I know! But for us it's quite challenging to support multiple layouts (3 for iPad 9/10/11 and 3 for iPad 12.9. We might add separate layouts for iPad 11 as well since it has a different aspect ratio)

Apple's own tools is not sufficient for RAD (Rapid Application Development), so we had to develop our own internal cross platform framework. Here's a screenshot of our GUI Editor which is written with Microsoft Visual Studio (!)

On a Windows PC 😉

Apple for sure does not make things easier for developers with the countless screen ratios/sizes.
    We appreciate your work even more, because of this.

• @israelite said:

On a Windows PC 😉

Hell yeah! I love working with Microsoft tools.

• edited May 2021

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@ecou said:

SM2 has:

1. Sample playback: SynthMaster 2 can import multisamples. Loop points in WAV files are recognized. Rename your multisamples in multiple ways and import easily: a) note names only in a folder. The folder name will be the multisample name. C1.wav C2.wav C3.wav under Guitar folder for instance b) . format: Piano.C1.wav Piano.C2.wav for instance

This is really cool. Are more than 1 velocity layer supported? Or, is it possible to import one wav and designate different 'slice' points in the file? (each 'slice' triggered by either velocity, round robin, random, or modulators like step sequencers, etc)

• edited May 2021

@aleyas said:
    This is really cool. Are more than 1 velocity layer supported? Or, is it possible to import one wav and designate different 'slice' points in the file? (each 'slice' triggered by either velocity, round robin, random, or modulators like step sequencers, etc)

When importing, multisamples, you can specify velocity regions like this:

a) by sequence number:

Piano.C1.1.wav
    Piano.C1.2.wav
    Piano.C1.3.wav

In this case, the velocity regions will be set between MIDI velocities: 0-47, 48-95, 96-127 (divided equally between 0-127)

b) by exact velocity ranges:

Piano.C1.0.63.wav
    Piano.C1.64.96.wav
    Piano.C1.97.127.wav

In this case, the velocity regions are specified in the files names: 0-63, 64-96, 97-127

We will introduce a sample/region editor in SynthMaster 3. First on the desktop (NAMM 2022 hopefuly), and iOS (Fall 2022)

@aleyas said:

When importing, multisamples, you can specify velocity regions like this:

a) by sequence number:

Piano.C1.1.wav
    Piano.C1.2.wav
    Piano.C1.3.wav

In this case, the velocity regions will be set between MIDI velocities: 0-47, 48-95, 96-127 (divided equally between 0-127)

b) by exact velocity ranges:

Piano.C1.0.63.wav
    Piano.C1.64.96.wav
    Piano.C1.97.127.wav

In this case, the velocity regions are specified in the files names: 0-63, 64-96, 97-127

We will introduce a sample/region editor in SynthMaster 3. First on the desktop (NAMM 2022 hopefuly), and iOS (Fall 2022)

Wonderful! That sold me 😊
    It will be great to use multisampes with the excellent filters and modulators in SM2!