Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred Questions

Comments

• I have a question; now that Drambo hosts Audio Units, can we get someone to look at the scaling issue GeoShred is currently having in it?

• @moForte said:

@monch1962 said:
    Hi @moForte I appreciate you stepping into this discussion.
    I've been on version 5.890.1 probably since the day it came out, and all I have at the moment is the sax - all 5 of the other SWAM instruments are showing the "supporting data deleted by Apple or third party, possibly due to insufficient storage" message. I've had ~100Gb free all along (currently 92Gb free), so it doesn't seem like insufficient storage is actually the cause.
    With respect to trying a different app store location, over the last few days I've rebooted several times AND tried using ExpressVPN to make it look like I'm in several other countries, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
    Have you got any other suggestions I could try?

Please reach out to me directly at [email protected]. I'd like to see where you are getting the "supporting data deleted by Apple or third party, possibly due to insufficient storage" message. That message comes up if the app cache is deleted by iOS or if you have a cache cleaner running. However there is a mechanism to address this. Again please reach out to me directly so that we can get a diagnostic log from you (Menu> Help> Report Problem).

Hi @moForte I solved my problem late yesterday by removing Geoshred from my iPad and reinstalling it. I was able to restore the app, then restore purchases and all 6 came back without a problem.

• @moForte
    I have GS set up to control Swam brass as shown in your video. My problem is that I get a lot of hung notes that require the kill switch. It happens a lot. I usually have both apps as Interapp Audio instances, both with AUM channels.

• Fantastic that you started this thread @moForte, thanks for doing this.

I have a suggestion for the app (which I enjoy quite a bit)... Please consider adding Saturation and/or Tone control for the sounds. One thing I find I must compensate for in my mixes is adding more saturation to the GeoShred guitar sounds. They are all very high-mid and high-frequency, compared to say Yonac’s “Steel Guitar” virtual guitars. I’d like to be able to give the instruments more body and dial in mid and low-frequency tones.

Thanks for the great apps.

• Agreed @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr , I also get occasional hung notes , in my case normally using GS and SWAM as AUs. Have tried several times to reproduce the problem but can’t find any consistent way of doing this so that I could bug it with @moForte

• I am still having tie IAP issue (this item is modified right now) when trying to buy the flute... i think I give up...

• @NeuM said:
    Fantastic that you started this thread @moForte, thanks for doing this.

I have a suggestion for the app (which I enjoy quite a bit)... Please consider adding Saturation and/or Tone control for the sounds. One thing I find I must compensate for in my mixes is adding more saturation to the GeoShred guitar sounds. They are all very high-mid and high-frequency, compared to say Yonac’s “Steel Guitar” virtual guitars. I’d like to be able to give the instruments more body and dial in mid and low-frequency tones.

You can already do these things. Open the “model & fx” page, and click on the relevant stomp box icons. You can add a filter there if needed.

• edited March 2021

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@NeuM said:

You can already do these things. Open the “model & fx” page, and click on the relevant stomp box icons. You can add a filter there if needed.

Oh, great. Thanks, I’ll investigate this. I hope these things are eventually designed to be a bit more intuitive in the app. For example, if one could simply have a Tone control knob and a switch to change the pickups on the fly on the screen it would be so much more helpful than having to dig deep into hidden menus.

Update: Yes, I found it, but it still doesn’t provide the kind of heavy sound I’m looking for. Maybe more could be done in the area of simulating different kinds of pickups using audio modeling? Just an idea.

• You can add buttons like that using the control surface settings, you just have to add a control (as long as there’s room - you’ll have to delete another if not) and then choose which device in the chain you want to control and then there’s a list to choose from. It’s well Deep this geoshred world :)

• @NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

Oh, great. Thanks, I’ll investigate this. I hope these things are eventually designed to be a bit more intuitive in the app. For example, if one could simply have a Tone control knob and a switch to change the pickups on the fly on the screen it would be so much more helpful than having to dig deep into hidden menus.

Update: Yes, I found it, but it still doesn’t provide the kind of heavy sound I’m looking for. Maybe more could be done in the area of simulating different kinds of pickups using audio modeling? Just an idea.

I would suggest trying the "Nasty Boy" patch under "Leads". It is super-saturated if you sustain a note and diddle the x-y pad and the filter strip hard enough. Studying that patch might give you ideas. I think the feedback module is doing much of the heavy lifting there.

• @Krupa said:
    You can add buttons like that using the control surface settings, you just have to add a control (as long as there’s room - you’ll have to delete another if not) and then choose which device in the chain you want to control and then there’s a list to choose from. It’s well Deep this geoshred world :)

Are you aware of any presets out there which do this already? I like options in my apps, but when an app is supposed to sound like a guitar, I’d prefer it if it had options a real guitar player would have at their disposal.

• Sorry no, but it took about thirty seconds for me to test it before posting that last night :)

• edited March 2021

@NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

If you need more effects than what GeoShred offers, you can run it through any of the many distortion and other effects available on iOS.

That being said -- there is a crazy amount of effects pedals and distortion effects and guitar customization available within Geoshred and it doesn't require a lot of menu diving. The Model and Fx editor is two taps away and every effect and the guitars have a crazy amount of customization possible. That being said piping it through some FX AUs is sometimes convenient if you like realtime tweaking of your effects.

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

If you need more effects than what GeoShred offers, you can run it through any of the many distortion and other effects available on iOS.

That being said -- there is a crazy amount of effects pedals and distortion effects and guitar customization available within Geoshred and it doesn't require a lot of menu diving. The Model and Fx editor is two taps away and every effect and the guitars have a crazy amount of customization possible. That being said piping it through some FX AUs is sometimes convenient if you like realtime tweaking of your effects.

Have you ever used Yonac’s Steel Guitar app? It’s generally better with strumming and slide guitar effects than individual note picking, but it’s an outstanding guitar simulation. It is not an AUv3 app, but I still use it for most tracks I’ve recorded over the last 6-7 years.

• @NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

Have you ever used Yonac’s Steel Guitar app? It’s generally better with strumming and slide guitar effects than individual note picking, but it’s an outstanding guitar simulation. It is not an AUv3 app, but I still use it for most tracks I’ve recorded over the last 6-7 years.

Great.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    I have a question; now that Drambo hosts Audio Units, can we get someone to look at the scaling issue GeoShred is currently having in it?

Please?

• @zilld2017 said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    I have a question; now that Drambo hosts Audio Units, can we get someone to look at the scaling issue GeoShred is currently having in it?

Please?

Yes! Gosh, I was starting to think I was the only one!

• I have GeoSax in GeoShred. I coarse-tune it to a YouTube piece and play along, making a direct audio recording in GarageBand, all on iPad. Is there a way to:

• record it instead with Midi2 or MPE, then
    • transpose that recording by a few semitones, then
    • play it back with GeoSax voicing for another audio recording?

Noob here, so the more specifics the better :smile:

• edited March 2021

@des1303 MTS Studio recently added MPE support:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44100/mts-update-adds-mpe-midi-2-support#latest

It supports note transposition:

Another option is Photon AU which records MPE and has a transpose option:

I think AEM records MPE too and also has transpose options:

I know that MTS is fine with playback after editing but I can’t speak for the other two options.

• Thanks, @MisplacedDevelopment.

If I plug iPad into MacBook USB, do you think I can use Reaper on the Mac to capture MPE, edit in Reaper, then playback using GeoSax (presumably via GeoShred) and save the final audio? Any hints on what config / routing-like stuff this will take?

• Sorry, I do not have any experience with sending MIDI out of the iPad to a Mac. You can advertise your device as a Bluetooth source in AUM and then direct GeoShred to that in the MIDI routing:

In theory your Mac should be able to see your iPad and receive MIDI from it using this method but I can’t help with that part. Unless you need to record live to the Mac then you may be better off saving to a MIDI file using one of the methods discussed earlier and then sharing the file using iCloud or AirDrop to your Mac for import into Reaper, assuming of course that Reaper itself supports MPE.

Once you are done editing then you can share the file in the same way back to the iPad. Assuming that Reaper saves the file in a way that can be read then you should be able to load into, e.g. Photon AU, and route this back to GeoShred for performance.

• Thank you very much for the helpful pointers !

• edited March 2021

@moForte

More problems with the SWAM brass — GS midi link (besides the rampant hung notes using the factory iOS patch:

GS is transmitting pitch bend when I bend or slide a note. But when I choose one of the non-12et scales, I’m still getting 12et tuning on the GS. It is not transmitting the temperament information to SWAM successfully.

• I have GeoShred play and finally decided to get the Pro upgrade from within the app. I clicked for the upgrade, it took me to the App Store, I signed in and the transaction process went through. but then I get a pop-up on GeoShred saying that it “failed” and “to try again”. So try what again? It looked to me like I just paid for the upgrade. I’m in GeoShred limbo; I can’t find a way to get help for this sort of thing. Anybody have any ideas?

• @Stochastically said:
    I have GeoShred play and finally decided to get the Pro upgrade from within the app. I clicked for the upgrade, it took me to the App Store, I signed in and the transaction process went through. but then I get a pop-up on GeoShred saying that it “failed” and “to try again”. So try what again? It looked to me like I just paid for the upgrade. I’m in GeoShred limbo; I can’t find a way to get help for this sort of thing. Anybody have any ideas?

Try restarting the app. If that doesn’t work, hard reset your iPad.

• @NeuM said:

Try restarting the app. If that doesn’t work, hard reset your iPad.

Thanks for advice. I also found their support email and got an amazingly quick response from them. I’ll try everything and see how it goes.

• Can all three GS versions - Pro, Play, Control - be used to control the (non-geo) SWAM instruments? If not, which versions cannot? Thanks for the answer in advance.

• @moForte said:
    There have been quite a few questions about GeoShred in the AudioBus forum. We are starting a topic to consolidate questions. As a starting point, we have an FAQ about where to find help resources for GeoShred.

http://www.moforte.com/geoShredAssets5.0/help/FAQs/#help

Thanks and we look forward to learning about how folks are using GeoShred.

Thank you

• @ervin said:
    Can all three GS versions - Pro, Play, Control - be used to control the (non-geo) SWAM instruments? If not, which versions cannot? Thanks for the answer in advance.

Pro and control can control SWAM instruments. Play allows you to use internal GeoShred sounds only. Control is all the GeoShred controller capabilities without the GeoShred sound engine.

• @FriedTapeworm said:

@ervin said:
    Can all three GS versions - Pro, Play, Control - be used to control the (non-geo) SWAM instruments? If not, which versions cannot? Thanks for the answer in advance.

Pro and control can control SWAM instruments. Play allows you to use internal GeoShred sounds only. Control is all the GeoShred controller capabilities without the GeoShred sound engine.

FWIW, you should only have one version of GeoShred installed at a time. When I had both, Play and Pro, installed at the same time, the Pro functionality did not work until I de-installed Play.