Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatly Pro, the pocket ghost producer

Comments

• edited April 2021

@enkaytee said:

@ashh said:
    I can see that it's a problem for at least one user but I can see the interface very well. 2018 iPad Pro iPadOS 14.4. I have never touched my screen brightness settings either. They're on whatever it is when you buy it.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for this app. Having a lot of fun for a few bucks. Great stuff!

Fine for me on the current beta on a 2018 pro 10.5"

You're not another @anickt are you, by any chance? Arguing with yourself? A Nick T vs NKT! You heard it here first peeps.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @AntoninCharvat audio stem export would be a great addition. thank you!

as far as timing issues, stuff just seems to be jumpy / slightly off when i import into ableton. the HH's especially. This also applies to what i mean by quantization. So lets say a pattern is generated. with some triplets, at 16th notes. It would be cool to be able to select ahead of time or after the fact a different quantization.

as far as the sounds go, sorry if i sounded harsh, i was just being creative with my words that day. Im sure a lot of work went into / will go into this app. Id be happy to help donate some sounds if you need them in the future, as im sure other AB forum members would be as well. Also, if you plan on implementing some of these request/ changes, please consider putting a tip jar in the app, so we can compensate you for your work.

This would be amusing if there wasn't a real person on the other end of your 'creative words'. Perhaps you could throw a sound pack towards the dev by way of apology?

• @celtic_elk said:
    Two minutes with the free version was enough to convince me to spring for the full app. Think of it as a genre-specific version of Riffer, though you’ll need to export the MIDI to use it with other apps. Still, should provide plenty of fun for four bucks.

2 secs with the free version was enough to convince me to long press on the icon.

• @AntoninCharvat it would be cool if the mutes were persistent after hitting random. Or the option to keep them in place.

• @gusgranite said:
    @AntoninCharvat it would be cool if the mutes were persistent after hitting random. Or the option to keep them in place.

That's a good idea. The issue is just that there are not always the same instruments used in each generated track, so it might be confusing.. But I'll definitely think this through, thanks!

• edited May 2021

Current beta with WAV stem rendering as well as loops looking good...@antonincharvat

• @enkaytee said:
    Current beta with WAV stem rendering as well as loops looking good...@antonincharvat

Definitely making some forward moves.

• @ashh said:
    I can see that it's a problem for at least one user but I can see the interface very well. 2018 iPad Pro iPadOS 14.4. I have never touched my screen brightness settings either. They're on whatever it is when you buy it.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for this app. Having a lot of fun for a few bucks. Great stuff!

If I wanted to open the midi file in, say, Atom 2, how do I open them all in the same instance? Is that possible? Advisable? Sensible? Horrible? Manageable? Doable?

Yes, but i think it will be in one file, so you would have to manually separate the parts, at least I think. They’re might be a way to do it directly that I haven’t discovered yet, since Atom 2 is so much deeper the Atom 1 I’m still learning all the new features. A workaround I usually use is to send the midi to Xequence 2, which automatically stems out each part, then either use X2 to trigger everything or then record that midi into separate instances of Atom 2, and then remove X2.

• @enkaytee said:

Thanks! Currently I working on the seamless loop export, stay tuned!

@Poppadocrock said:

@ashh said:

If I wanted to open the midi file in, say, Atom 2, how do I open them all in the same instance? Is that possible? Advisable? Sensible? Horrible? Manageable? Doable?

Yes, but i think it will be in one file, so you would have to manually separate the parts, at least I think. They’re might be a way to do it directly that I haven’t discovered yet, since Atom 2 is so much deeper the Atom 1 I’m still learning all the new features. A workaround I usually use is to send the midi to Xequence 2, which automatically stems out each part, then either use X2 to trigger everything or then record that midi into separate instances of Atom 2, and then remove X2.

Oh sorry, I missed this question.. however I have no idea what do you mean "all in the same instance". I have never worked with Atom so I'm not familiar with the interface. Could you describe the issue using some regular audio editor, e.g. Audacity? (personally I'm more PC musician, than iOS one) :smiley:

• edited May 2021

@AntoninCharvat When using auv3 apps in a host you can have many instances of the same app open at the same time. You could have 10 synthmaster ones, or 5 Atom 2’s open in any one session. you can use an AU app one time or open up as many individual versions of that AU app, that your device can handle. So each instance is one Au app, opened up one time, in any host.

Atom 2 is an Au piano roll and sequencer that is able to import midi. I’m not sure if when you import a midi file in Atom 2 it will split it up into each individual instrument like Xequence 2 does, or it will just import one midi file with all of the tracks in one midi file… I have to check the manual, and/or give it a try. You can use multiple channels and have several different apps playing different midi from 1 instance of Atom 2, but I’m not sure if the import function allows for each individual midi track to be stemmed out in some way… maybe @blueveek can help us….?

• edited May 2021

@AntoninCharvat said:

@enkaytee said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@ashh said:

Oh sorry, I missed this question.. however I have no idea what do you mean "all in the same instance". I have never worked with Atom so I'm not familiar with the interface. Could you describe the issue using some regular audio editor, e.g. Audacity? (personally I'm more PC musician, than iOS one) :smiley:

You can do this, @poppadocrock. Basically, you use Atom 2 as a clip launcher within AUM, similar to how clips work in Ableton. Right now, you have to import it into, say, 5 separate instances of A2, each track's midi in its own instance. So when you open the midi file from Beatly Pro in A2, you have 5 boxes down the right hand side of A2's interface that each have a midi track in them. Close 4 and keep 1 and so on until you have all 5 open in their own instances of A2, within AUM. And then awaaaaay you go!

Most fun I've had with midi in a while. Really like this app.

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@enkaytee said:

Thank you 🙏

• @AntoninCharvat

Just ran into a first world problem.

I have saved almost 100 great patterns.

Is there a way to batch export multiple midi or audio loops?

• @jolico said:
    @AntoninCharvat

Just ran into a first world problem.

I have saved almost 100 great patterns.

Is there a way to batch export multiple midi or audio loops?

I will add this to my TODO list. Nice idea!

• @ashh said:

@AntoninCharvat said:

@enkaytee said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@ashh said:

You can do this, @poppadocrock. Basically, you use Atom 2 as a clip launcher within AUM, similar to how clips work in Ableton. Right now, you have to import it into, say, 5 separate instances of A2, each track's midi in its own instance. So when you open the midi file from Beatly Pro in A2, you have 5 boxes down the right hand side of A2's interface that each have a midi track in them. Close 4 and keep 1 and so on until you have all 5 open in their own instances of A2, within AUM. And then awaaaaay you go!

Most fun I've had with midi in a while. Really like this app.

Holy Schnikeys! Thank you for this.

• I just finished first version of audio rendering, including seamless loops. For those of you who joined the TestFlight, you can go ahead and try it! The rest of you is kindly welcome to join the TestFlight anytime, just send me your Apple ID!

• Hello everyone,
    just wanted to let you know that audio rendering, including stems and loops, has been implemented in Beatly Pro v. 1.2 and is now (or very soon) available on the AppStore!
    Thank you all.

• Seamless loops export!!!
    Awesome 😎
    Thank you 🙏

• This changes the meaning of “beats per minute”.

With this app you can create many usable beats every minute.

• edited May 2021

Landscape orientation, please! And why are beats exporting in .json format? I don’t even know what that is......no MIDI?

• @StudioSisu said:
    Landscape orientation, please!

👍
    It had this before the latest update.

• @jolico Guess somehow I missed it! After trying Beatly Pro, I must say I am much more impressed with this app.

• I'm sorry for removing the landscape in last version (1.2). The thing is I am working on some new UI elements which simply do not fit right on the screen in landscape mode.
    I will re-evaluate my options in this however. I actually did not expect someone might prefer landscape over portrait :)

• @StudioSisu said:
    Landscape orientation, please! And why are beats exporting in .json format? I don’t even know what that is......no MIDI?

JSON is only for importing to Beatly Pro, when you e.g. create some beat in free version and then you purchase Pro and want to tweak it or just want to share it with a friend to collab. It's just a format I use internally. MIDI export is possible too, but not for importing.
    Thank you!

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    I'm sorry for removing the landscape in last version (1.2). The thing is I am working on some new UI elements which simply do not fit right on the screen in landscape mode.
    I will re-evaluate my options in this however. I actually did not expect someone might prefer landscape over portrait :)

I can live without landscape mode, but it was convenient to have both options.

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    I'm sorry for removing the landscape in last version (1.2). The thing is I am working on some new UI elements which simply do not fit right on the screen in landscape mode.

I really like this app but please, please keep landscape in mind. I can't be the only one who uses landscape almost exclusively on an iPad, especially when making music. I guess you are thinking about iPhones when you're considering UI changes. The way it is now is really inconvenient for iPad users imo.

• @yokotate said:

@AntoninCharvat said:

I really like this app but please, please keep landscape in mind. I can't be the only one who uses landscape almost exclusively on an iPad, especially when making music. I guess you are thinking about iPhones when you're considering UI changes. The way it is now is really inconvenient for iPad users imo.

+1

• I only use landscape

• I will bring it back in next update, promised :)
    Thanks for feedback!