Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 praise.... I spoke to soon

Buyer beware!

Today I purchased Cubasis 3 with high hopes...they were soon dashed

I followed the instructions I was given to transfer my IAP’s from Cubasis 2 to 3

So far so good.

After a quick google search I found how to transfer the project I was working on from cubasis 2 to 3.

I hit play: pops crackles and things not sounding right?

I check my settings the make sure they match my Cubasis 2 session (which was working flawlessly) all set everything matches

Some AUV3’s did not load properly I go back and find my original sounds and effects

Still lots of crackle and pops and some sounds are still not right

Agonizer did not select the correct patch I fix that then a hung note

I quit and restarted at least 14 times reloading IAA’s Auv’s- it think it is all set then a crackle at the one part in the chorus , then again a bit later and then another random place

I have 19 tracks 8 of which are individual drum tracks, kick, snare hi hat etc.

Most tracks are all Cubasis instruments with the exception of 1 Auv3 Track (Agonizer)

And two IAA Tracks (IM1 and Poison-202)

Four instances of an Auv3 effect tone bridge (all the same)

No Automations, no ARP, no loops, no samples

Now please understand that all this works in Cubasis 2 without any issues at all

It does not work in Cubasis 3

That being sad if it does not work then I can not use it. I wanted to because of the fancy new update with midi control but that does no good if the basic app does not work.

Seriously!? Cubasis 2 is still working on my iPad, Cubasis 3 does not! The same damn project with the same damn settings!

In my job I provide a service, when I return to that client to provide the same service it has to be as good or better, they do not want something they can not use! I would be fired!

So how do you justify your employment?

how do I get a refund?

Comments

• edited May 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ralis Check the setting for using multiple cores to accelerate processing. Even if your device is capable, it may work better with that feature turned off. I don't know the details, but this was discussed when the feature was added some months ago.

• edited May 2021

@BCKeys said:
    Im not an expert with Cubasis at all but dis you check latency settings (I’ve read extra low is not recommended) and proceed to a restart of your iPad ?

It could be also one AudioUnit causing issues.

Notice that Cubasis 3.3 have just been released yesterday, some unexpected bugs could be corrected quickly by Steinberg.

For the refund it on reportaproblem.Apple.com or something like that.. but I suggest you to wait a few days, I’m sure you’ll find a solution ;)

Edit : I strongly encourage you to post your request here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45004/midi-learn-auv3-multi-out-much-more-cubasis-3-3-and-galactic-may-sale-available#latest
    And tagging @LFS

Yes thank you that was second thing I checked, right after my 48/24 settings.

Such a disappointment. I really wanted to love it.

• LFSLFS
    edited May 2021

Hi @ralis,

Which iOS device/iPad OS do you have in use?

In addition, please share more details about your exact latency settings.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Hi @ralis,

Best,
    Lars

Answered in the previous thread.

I really should not have these issues and be this frustrated. If version 2 works then logically everything in version 3 would work as good as version 2 plus.

Like I said I vote with my wallet. I have requested a refund.

I will take some responsibility as I had read about the plethora of issues users have with Cubasis 3. So I did not purchase it, but when you rolled out 3.3. With midi control I had tunnel vision and just went for it. I was blinded by the shiny new thing.

I will be more cautious.

• @ralis Unfortunately I have to agree. Cubasis 2 and 3 have a beautiful UI and it could be such a great app, yet the unfixed issues have finally made me stop using them except opening collab projects and exporting stems (which can also fail or produce unexpected results at times).

I would have preferred Steinberg to fix long standing issues with Cubasis 2 but instead we got the next buggy version.
    I really hope they will focus on fixing the reported issues first instead of putting out yet another major release.

Thanks to @LFS anyway for doing his best to communicate and taking care about collecting bug reports. If he was a developer, he'd certainly be a good one.

• @ralis said:
    how do I get a refund?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084
    I believe it’s up to the developer to allow refunds on the app or not.

• LFSLFS
    edited May 2021

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@ralis said:
    how do I get a refund?

Hi @AlmostAnonymous,

Please note that App Store app refunds are only granted via Apple, as stated in the article above!

Best,
    Lars

• @ralis said:

@LFS said:
    Hi @ralis,

Best,
    Lars

Answered in the previous thread.

I really should not have these issues and be this frustrated. If version 2 works then logically everything in version 3 would work as good as version 2 plus.

i dont know what device you’re on but in general this assumption is totally wrong if ver 3 was built for modern devices with greater capacity to run extended features not capable on systems when version 2 was made.

nonetheless, it’s unfortunate you’re not having a good experience. hope it gets worked out for you.

• Could some of the instability here been have been related to project transfer?

Sometimes software projects doesn’t transfer well. A fresh project from scratch could yield clues.

• I wouldn't necessarily blame Cubasis for Agonizer misbehaving. I find this app very unstable; it'll lose its settings/change things mid-song for me.

• edited May 2021

@LFS said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@ralis said:
    how do I get a refund?

Hi @AlmostAnonymous,

Please note that App Store app refunds are only granted via Apple, as stated in the article above!

Best,
    Lars

Of course they con only be refunded though apple.
    What I’m saying is I’ve had refunds refused because “the developer does not allow this app to be refunded” in the past. Maybe this has changed. You would know more than I would on this, tho.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@LFS said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@ralis said:
    how do I get a refund?

Hi @AlmostAnonymous,

Best,
    Lars

Of course they con only be refunded though apple.
    What I’m saying is I’ve had refunds refused because “the developer does not allow this app to be refunded” in the past. Maybe this has changed. You would know more than I would on this, tho.

Apple fully decides about refunding requests themselves, developers are not included in this process!
    At least this is the case for us.

Best,
    Lars

• I’m honestly amazed every time I see anyone saying C3 works for them. I’ve got it on 3 iPads and it doesn’t work on any of them as well as C2 does.

• @drcongo said:
    I’m honestly amazed every time I see anyone saying C3 works for them. I’ve got it on 3 iPads and it doesn’t work on any of them as well as C2 does.

Don't know, maybe depends on the amounts of track you have etc. For my very small projects it has worked just fine for now on an iPad Air 3rd gen. I don't own CB2 as a comparison, so limited experience, but I only experience pops and crackles with very CPU heavy synths and I can solve that by freezing the track.

• edited May 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi @ralis,

If possible, please share your project with us, to allow us evaluating the problem.
    Alongside, a short clip which visualises the issue and that shows your latency settings would be of additional help.

Please upload both files via Dropbox or similar, and let me have the download link via private message.

Just to make sure, you've already gave it a try to set Latency to OFF, correct?

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @d4d0ug said:
    I somehow think Steinberg have kicked themselves in the nuts with the default setting of Audio Engine Latency / Audio Recording Offset Compensation being ‘on’.

I know the OP in this case has said that’s been checked and still has problems.

I’m using an older iPad Pro 10.5” (MQDT2B/A ) on iOS 14.4.2 and with these setting ‘off’ things are going good - no crackle ... yet.

Also, personally I give a lot of leeway to any of the AUv3 hosts when it comes to processor heavy apps.

Haven’t used CB2 since CB3 was released so unfortunately don’t have that benchmark.

Man, that screenshot is confusing!.

“Multi-core rendering disabled” - OFF.

So if it’s off, you’re disabling the disable, hence it’s ON ... (head explodes)
    Wouldn’t it be better to just label it “Multi-core rendering” and make that ON/OFF?

Which brings me to... Have you guys heard “Double Negative” album by LOW?. Best production ever, a masterpiece.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iPad Air 2 and no problems so far. For older devices don’t use to much midi tracks at once and bounce them to Audio tracks as soon as possible. Most of my problems with unstable apps were solved with a fresh install.

• @d4d0ug said:

@tahiche said:

@d4d0ug said:
    I somehow think Steinberg have kicked themselves in the nuts with the default setting of Audio Engine Latency / Audio Recording Offset Compensation being ‘on’.

I’m using an older iPad Pro 10.5” (MQDT2B/A ) on iOS 14.4.2 and with these setting ‘off’ things are going good - no crackle ... yet.

Also, personally I give a lot of leeway to any of the AUv3 hosts when it comes to processor heavy apps.

Haven’t used CB2 since CB3 was released so unfortunately don’t have that benchmark.

Wouldn’t it be better to just label it “Multi-core rendering” and make that ON/OFF?

Which brings me to... Have you guys heard “Double Negative” album by LOW?. Best production ever, a masterpiece.

Haha - you’re right - that is confusing, and now i am doubting myself :D

😂😂🤣 This is amusing!.
    So in that screenshot. You thought multi-rendering was disabled?. To me it’s enabled.

I don’t have that setting, btw. Must be cos I’m on a new iPad ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tahiche said:

@d4d0ug said:

Yes, that album is really good.

• @tahiche said:

@d4d0ug said:

Hi,

actually you turn "Audio Engine Latency" to "OFF" and disable "Multi-core rendering" via this setting.

Best,
    Lars

• @tahiche said:

@d4d0ug said:

@tahiche said:

@d4d0ug said:

Haha - you’re right - that is confusing, and now i am doubting myself :D

😂😂🤣 This is amusing!.
    So in that screenshot. You thought multi-rendering was disabled?. To me it’s enabled.

I don’t have that setting, btw. Must be cos I’m on a new iPad ?

AFAIK these settings appear if CB thinks your iPad has enough cores so that the audio engine can operate in the multi-core mode. I think there was another thread discussing that. The problem is that on some iPad models this detection makes a wrong decision. On a modern iPad not all cores are high performance cores. There are also low performance, high efficiency cores. Such an iPad runs normally on the efficiency cores and the high performance cores are only used when there is a high load. This behavior seems to be a problem for CB‘s multi-core implementation. BUT it is very rewarding to go in this direction as it has a much higher performance. They just need to master this problem. For the time being you need to turn it off if it causes trouble.

AFAIK no other DAW or AU host utilizes multi-core in this advanced way. Go Steinberg, go go go. It‘s worth the effort.

• edited May 2021

@FPC said:
    I wouldn't necessarily blame Cubasis for Agonizer misbehaving. I find this app very unstable; it'll lose its settings/change things mid-song for me.

I’ve also had issues with Agonizer as AUv3, hanging notes and crashing projects (using LK) in AUM. Crunchy audio in IAA use too

• @LFS still have the same audio quality issues as the last version of cubasis had. in regards to bluetooth headphones. regardless of the studio quality/ bluetooth setting being engaged.
    i have the latest ios , iphone 8plus, with apple airpods pro.

• My experience with cubasis:

Buy cubasis 1 with all the IAP a week later cubasis 2 is released

"Ok, well fuck you too, cubasis."

Waits a year or two, pull the trigger and buy cubasis 2 less than a week cubasis 3 is released

"Looks like I'll just live the rest of my days continuing to pirate Ableton Suite on Audionews, fuck this shit."

• @louis said:
    My experience with cubasis:

Buy cubasis 1 with all the IAP a week later cubasis 2 is released

"Ok, well fuck you too, cubasis."

Waits a year or two, pull the trigger and buy cubasis 2 less than a week cubasis 3 is released

"Looks like I'll just live the rest of my days continuing to pirate Ableton Suite on Audionews, fuck this shit."

Hi @louis,

Something must be wrong here…

Cubasis 2 was a free update for existing users of Cubasis…

Best,
    Lars

• @eross said:
    @LFS still have the same audio quality issues as the last version of cubasis had. in regards to bluetooth headphones. regardless of the studio quality/ bluetooth setting being engaged.
    i have the latest ios , iphone 8plus, with apple airpods pro.

Hi @eross,

Please use the following steps to use Cubasis 3 with the AirPods Pro:

• Please connect your AirPods Pro to the iPad
    • Launch Cubasis and go to Setup/Audio and enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the corresponding button

If the problem persists, please go to Setup/Project and choose (or reselect) the matching sample rate of your project.

Best
    Lars