Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Learn, AUv3 Multi Out & Much More | Cubasis 3.3 and Galactic May Sale available

LFSLFS
edited May 2021 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

First of all, I hope you and yours are up and well.

Today, I'm more than pleased to announce the immediate release of Cubasis 3.3, which adds lots of highly requested features such as MIDI Learn, AUv3 Multi Out support, sidechaining and so much more.

Alongside, Cubasis 3 also joins our Galactic May Sale, offering 30% OFF Cubasis and 50% OFF selected in app-purchases until May 17, 2021.

Download Cubasis on the App Store

What Can I say, except than that the force is very strong with this small but excellent Cubasis team...

We very much hope you enjoy this new Cubasis 3.3, and we would be very glad about your App Store rating, if you do!

Please stay well and enjoy making music,

Lars

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited May 2021

What's New in Cubasis 3.3
    MIDI Learn, AUv3 Multi Out, Sidechain and More | What's New in Cubasis 3.3

Cubasis is unmatched when it comes to helping you create your music quickly and easily. Enjoy all of the great new professional features we've added, still with all the quick operation, ease of use and unparalleled usability that you rely on. Hook up your external controller to remotely control Cubasis via MIDI Learn, the Mackie Control (MCU) or HUI protocols. Use Audio Unit multi-out support to individually process instrument sounds or route instruments to discrete channels. Use sidechaining to create the pumping effect familiar in modern music… and so much more. Cubasis 3.3 lets you go pro with ease, while being creative and staying fully inspired.

Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!

・MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI protocol support
    Easily control Cubasis remotely, via your external controller. Enable MIDI Learn and simply move a knob or fader on your controller to assign it to a selected parameter. What's more, you can load existing presets for your controller or save your own. And if your controller supports the Mackie Control (MCU) or HUI protocols, you're covered right away too. Yes, it's that easy.
    Find out more in our MIDI Learn tutorial

・Audio Unit Instrument Multi Out support
    Cubasis is designed to let you focus on creating music. Audio Unit Multi Output support lets you quickly assign the single instrument sounds of a drum kit to individual outputs, or allows you to route individual instruments to discrete channels. Of course, when using these features you can expect unparalleled usability. This really sets our award-winning Cubasis app apart from the crowd.
    Find out more in our AUv3 Multi Out tutorial

・Sidechain support
    Use a few simple taps to create that classic, warm pumping sound we all love when listening to many genres of music — be it hip hop, pop, heavy techno… you name it. But there is so much more to it. Create punchy kicks, make vocals stand out in the mix or separate frequencies from each other. It’s super simple to set up and yet so powerful.
    Find out more in our sidechain tutorial

・Extended MIDI routing
    Make use of extended MIDI routing options to create inspiring tracks in a snap. Modulate vocals to make them sound robotic, using the new extended MIDI routing options alongside our Waves Tune RT IAP or a third-party vocoder iOS app, manipulated via an existing MIDI track. Explore even more creative possibilities via advanced MIDI track-to-track routing options.
    Find out more in our extended MIDI routing tutorial

・Improvements
    Music always comes first and we don't want anything to get in your way. We want to keep your creativity and enthusiasm flowing as smoothly as possible. Cubasis 3.3 includes many improvements which deliver the best possible performance with the utmost stability.

• LFSLFS
    edited May 2021

What has been improved and resolved in Cubasis 3.3

More New Features in Cubasis 3.3
    CBT-1818 Android devices with 64bit Intel CPUs are now supported
    CBT-2152 Waves Tune RT IAP now supports MIDI input target pitch
    CBT-2480 Channel Strip now supports sidechaining
    CBT-2470 AUv3 MIDI AU multi-out support
    CBT-2321 MIDI track routing to insert effects
    CBT-2421 MIDI track routing to other MIDI track
    CBT-2392 Effect send levels are now displayed in dB

Arrange Window, Inspector
    CBT-204 Resolves a cosmetic issue where a Waveform can show a center line at certain zoom levels.
    CBT-245 Resolves a problem where duplicated frozen tracks cannot be deleted.
    CBT-1298 Fixes a cosmetic issue where some entries in the undo list had no text.
    CBT-2001 Improves the effect send slider handling on smartphone devices.
    CBT-2004 Using Undo during audio recordings no longer undos more than one step.
    CBT-2257 Fast MIDI input no longer leads to ignored notes.
    CBT-2309 Tapping anywhere in the notepad area now displays the keyboard for editing.
    CBT-2335 Resolves a problem where keyboard shortcuts no longer work while the undo info popup is visible.
    CBT-2342 When splitting an event, the part to the right now stays selected.
    CBT-2388 Resolves an issue where Cubasis was rendered unreliable after a few minutes of MIDI recording.
    CBT-2395 Edited audio events no longer reverts to its previous state after being duplicating.
    CBT-2396 Resolves a serious issue where audio files can get lost after being renamed multiple times.
    CBT-2399 Fixes a minor cosmetic issue where long-tap indicators can be partly covered by other UI elements.
    CBT-2428 Solves an issue where importing a MIDI file can result in a muted or silent track.
    CBT-2429 Resolves a problem where auto time-stretch does not work as expected.
    CBT-2468 Resolves an issue where quickly tapping on the transport buttons can lead to recording issues.
    CBT-2567 Implements a failsafe against the rare issue that a project plays non existing MIDI notes.

Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio & Audiobus
    CBT-1068 Resolves a rare problem where the back button of the AU instrument list didn't work.
    CBT-2285 Saving an AU plug-in preset no longer closes the view.
    CBT-2351 Solves a problem where an AU plug-in's state can get lost when quitting Cubasis 3.
    CBT-2426 Autosaving projects now work as expected while an AU plug-in is opened.

Instruments and Effects
    CBT-2379 Changing specific Micrologue parameters no longer leads to DSP spikes or audio dropouts.
    CBT-2479 Resolves a problem where changing Micrologue parameters can lead to increased latency.
    CBT-2523 Changing a parameter of StudioEQ, ChannelStrip or MasterStrip now automatically enables bands or modules of these effects.
    CBT-2542 The StudioEQ's UI is no longer overlaid by the iOS home indicator bar.
    CBT-2551 Changing certain Micrologue parameters during playback no longer leads to dropout issues or renders Cubasis unreliable.

Misc.
    CBT-17 Improved animation appearance and performance when opening and closing views.
    CBT-2204 Improved behaviour when using the MIDI editor draw mode.
    CBT-2293 Resolves a rare cosmetic issue where a black rectangle is shown during app launch.
    CBT-2347 Mixdown to separate tracks no longer bleeds into other tracks.
    CBT-2350 Resolves a problem where using two identical MIDI devices renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2358 Resolves a rare issue where loading a Cubasis 2 project could lead to audio events not being loaded.
    CBT-2370 Resolves a problem where specific AU plug-ins were rendered into the mixdown's effect tail.
    CBT-2391 Switching to the home screen and back during recording no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.

• Fantastic news. Congratulations and looking forward to check it out later today.

• edited May 2021

Great news!! Thank you!!

Just to be sure, once updated with all the IAPs, is CB LE3 identical to CB3 (except for the fact that needs to be unlocked with a device)? Or are some features missing? Are the same updates/fixes applied to both at the same time?

• LFSLFS
    edited May 2021

@Keyb said:
    Great news!! Thank you!!

Just to be sure, once updated with all the IAPs, is CB LE3 identical to CB3 (except for the fact that needs to be unlocked with a device)? Or are some features missing? Are the same updates/fixes applied to both at the same time?

Hi @Keyb,

If you've purchased the Full Feature Set In-App Purchase via the Cubasis LE 3 In-App Shop, it gets automatically updated with the new features, when installing the Cubasis LE 3 update. Please check the "What's New" section in the Cubasis LE 3 App Store description for more details.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• Great. If only Cubasis has the search button for auv3 instruments instead of having to scroll the whole list would be epic👌

• Woooohooo! C3 update! And boy look at the changelog, now that’s impressive!
    Anyway, thank you very much guys! Also, Already own all IAPs 😂

• McDMcD
    edited May 2021

Wow. Just in time for a 16GB iPad with 2TB of storage and an M1 processor. Perfect timing. We are on the cusp of a new era. Is Cubasis 3.3 M1 Mac supported? Probably not given the Cubase marketing conflict.

I went to the Apple Store today and the new iPad's are in yet. I only went there because I was sent to pick up See's Candy for gifts. Probably good that they weren't in yet... credit card handy.

• Herculean update! Several items on the list are really important to my workflow. Thank you!

• Hi everyone here is a preview of the update.
    This new versione is really fun to work with

Paako

• @Paa89 said:
    Hi everyone here is a preview of the update.
    This new versione is really fun to work with

Paako

Great music and great clip!
    Thank you very much, @Paa89!

Best,
    Lars

• @McD said:
    Wow. Just in time for a 16GB iPad with 2TB of storage and an M1 processor. Perfect timing. We are on the cusp of a new era. Is Cubasis 3.3 M1 Mac supported? Probably not given the Cubase marketing conflict.

I went to the Apple Store today and the new iPad's are in yet. I only went there because I was sent to pick up See's Candy for gifts. Probably good that they weren't in yet... credit card handy.

Hi @McD,

As of yet, Cubasis is exclusively available on iOS and Android.
    Indeed, the new iPad Pro looks stunning...

Best,
    Lars

• @gothamoddisee said:
    Herculean update! Several items on the list are really important to my workflow. Thank you!

Hi @gothamoddisee,

Glad to read this, hope you will enjoy the new update... :)

Best,
    Lars

• @god said:
    Woooohooo! C3 update! And boy look at the changelog, now that’s impressive!
    Anyway, thank you very much guys! Also, Already own all IAPs 😂

Hi,

Thank you, and please make sure not to miss out checking the updated Waves Tune RT plug-in!

Best,
    Lars

• This is a great addition

• Brilliant. What a great update. Can't wait to try it out but I'm off to work now :(

Great work Lars and team. Just need Samu to drop in now to tell us what's missing :D

• edited May 2021

@LFS Thank you so much. After a few months away, I have been working exclusively in 3.2 for the past few days and am loving it. So stable, so intuitive, just a pleasure to work with. It was this enjoyment that prompted me to order my first iPad Pro when the new ones were launched on Friday!

Fantastic update, and it’s great to see the commitment the team have at Steinberg to make Cubasis even better. Two small things (sorry)...is it now possible to glue two audio clips together? Hasn’t worked until now and I can’t see it on your list. And secondly, is it possible to audition external midi drum loops in the media bay? Not sure if that is possible, but works great for teh ones that ship with Cubasis.

Thanks again, exciting times.

• @BillS said:
    @LFS Thank you so much. After a few months away, I have been working exclusively in 3.2 for the past few days and am loving it. So stable, so intuitive, just a pleasure to work with. It was this enjoyment that prompted me to order my first iPad Pro when the new ones were launched on Friday!

Fantastic update, and it’s great to see the commitment the team have at Steinberg to make Cubasis even better. Two small things (sorry)...is it now possible to glue two audio clips together? Hasn’t worked until now and I can’t see it on your list. And secondly, is it possible to audition external midi clips in the media bay now?

Thanks again, exciting times.

Thank you very much for the nice comment @BillS - greatly appreciated!

is it now possible to glue two audio clips together?

Please give "Track Freeze" a try here, and make sure to check out the additional "Unfreeze Deletes Audio Track" and "Track Freeze Uses Mixdown Settings" options, located under "Setup/ Mixdown / Freeze".

And secondly, is it possible to audition external midi clips in the media bay now?

Since MIDI clips are associated to dedicated instruments normally, this is not supported.

All factory related MIDI content comes with custom preview phrases though, which can be previewed in the MediaBay Instruments and MIDI sections.

Hope that helps!

P.S.: We hope you will enjoy the new update, and are sure you will also enjoy the new iPad Pro power rocket later on...

Best,
    Lars

• @FPC said:
    Brilliant. What a great update. Can't wait to try it out but I'm off to work now :(
    Great work Lars and team. Just need Samu to drop in now to tell us what's missing :D

Thanks @FPC!
    And yes... where is Samu and his list of missing stuff?

Stay well,
    Lars

• That‘s a really impressive update. Many thanks to the Cubasis Team.

Would it be possible to add 2 profiles for my controller-devices:

• Korg nanoKONTROL Studio
    • Steinberg CC121

That would be great.

• Wow, this is huge. External controller support, sidechaining and multi-out - the most requested features AT ONCE. Can't wait to get my hands on it but I have a work day ahead of me. Kudos to the Steinberg Cubasis team 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

• These are additional videos of Cubasis 3.3.
    Hope you find them useful 💪🏾💪🏾
    Paako

• @FPC said:

I actually just downloaded the update so I've not had the time yet...
    ...the 'things' I'd eventually to bump into might already be on the long to-do list :)

Like can the on-screen keyboard be used with midi capable AUv3 Plug-Ins hosted on an AudioTrack?

Or can a Cubasis Track be used as an input for the Mini-Sampler for sampling/re-sampling?
    And a related one, can any Cubasis Track be used as the Audio Input for another Audio Track?

The audio-engine already supports this since side chaining is implemented and it absolutely 100% uses Track2Track routing.

Other things would be to automatically create a 'Track Folder' for AUv3's with multiple outputs and make it easy to expand/collapse the group both in the arranger and the mixer.

@LFS and his team pushed out a BIG update this time around.
    (Left a 5-star review on the Swedish AppStore)

I know I'm a pita regarding sampling so my number UNO wish for the next update is something similar to Cubase Sampler Track 2.

Others might scream louder for Ableton Link, TimeSignature&TempoTrack, AudioWarping...

But for now I'll let the update soak in for a couple of weeks...
    ...unless I bump into serious issues (minor UI glitches I canalize with).

Cheers!

• @Iskander said:
    That‘s a really impressive update. Many thanks to the Cubasis Team.

Would it be possible to add 2 profiles for my controller-devices:

• Korg nanoKONTROL Studio
    • Steinberg CC121

That would be great.

Hi @Iskander,

Thanks for your message.

Sure, it is possible to use two controllers at once. However the CC121 does not offer class compliant compatibility unfortunately.

Please make sure not to miss on our dedicated Cubasis 3.3 tutorials, to learn more how to quickly use the new features, and what options are available.

Here you can check out Dom showing MIDI Learn, MCU and HUI support.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• This sounds like a great update @LFS. As I approach my 400th track in three years solely using Cubasis, I am awestruck that I was able to get the recording studio I needed to do it for about a hundred bucks (CB2+3+inapps). What a fantastic opportunity this has been.

Lol, the new updates are mostly beyond me, but I am impressed with the midi learn feature. Congratulations on some great work.🥳🥳🥳🥳

• @Samu said:

@FPC said:

@LFS and his team pushed out a BIG update this time around.
    (Left a 5-star review on the Swedish AppStore)

Hi @Samu,

Good to see you're up and well, and have added some comments for future feature wishes... :)
    Thank you very much for your 5 star rating - greatly appreciated!

Stay well
    & best wishes,
    Lars

• Hi all,

Thanks for your nice comment so far!

Please make sure not to miss out on our Cubasis 3.3 tutorial, where Dom quickly guides you through all the new features....

Best,
    Lars

• @Paa89 said:
    These are additional videos of Cubasis 3.3.
    Hope you find them useful 💪🏾💪🏾
    Paako

WOW 😮 This is excellent!
    Thank you very much @Paa89

• @LFS In response to my “And secondly, is it possible to audition external midi clips in the media bay now?”, you said...

Since MIDI clips are associated to dedicated instruments normally, this is not supported.

All factory related MIDI content comes with custom preview phrases though, which can be previewed in the MediaBay Instruments and MIDI sections.

Very much appreciate this, I should have made it clearer I was talking about drum loops and whether it would be possible to link to Cubasis’ drum sounds. But no matter, all good thank you.

• Yess! Great update! Thank you!