Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who's using a Launch Control XL with AUM? Do you have any tips, tricks and templates to share?

Hi, how are you all using a Launch Control XL with AUM? I have one and it maps really nicely to AUM, but I feel I'm probably missing a trick or 2 with getting things integrated and setting up a good workflow.

Is there a script or plugin available to get the channel mute and solo buttons to light up?
Do you set a template in AUM with the faders all pre-mapped? How about the transport buttons?
Is there a way to pre-set the knobs on each channel to adjust the main parameters for each FX that appears on the channel even before you've chosen which effects to use? Or is it so quick to map now that it's not worth it?
Do you use multiple template pages on the Launch Control itself?
Any tips and tricks would be really interesting and any sharing of templates or scripts would be cool B)
thanks,
James

Comments

• Im doing the same as you and feel the same. Its a great controller for the Aum mixer but configuring the lights on the buttons seems crazy advanced. Im sure that a Mozaic or streambyter script could do all the sysexing necessary but Ill live without visual feedback for now.

I only use the default page of the LPCX and map volume and two fx sends and a lpf for 7 channels and then have a master with a reverb and use some of the other free buttons for dj fx like glitchcore. Even though this is a v simple setup it really makes it a lot easier to mix, Im really happy with the setup but Im sure I could take better advantage of this lovely controller.

Interested in what tips turn up, good topic

• edited May 2021

On patchstorage there is some LCXL stuff. I think there is a script that allows to control AUM and it‘s lights. I gave a bit up on the LCXL and I find myself preferring the Korg nanoKontrol 2 more often as it is more compact and I managed to utilize the button lights without an app. Moreover I do not use the faders so much but mostly mute, solo and transport buttons. Anyway I‘d love to have a Mozaic script that would allow to navigate my channels - for either LCXL or NK2. For now I can only use 8 channels.

• Yeah, I think in the absence of any native support for the Launch Control XL, it's probably going to be a solution in Mozaic to make the lights work.
    I couldn't find anything at all on Patchstorage, but there does appear to be a Mozaic solution in this post here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/733818/#Comment_733818

• hmm, I tried that Mozaic script an AUM and made the appropriate midi connections, but no lights, so I suspect I am missing something. Reading through that thread it seems there's a specific template set up on the Launch Control that goes along with the Mozaic script as well as a specific way of setting the AUM session up too. Maybe @drewinnit could explain? I'm happy to write this up and save to patchstorage or something if there's a set of templates that go together to make this work

• edited May 2021

Hi,

No LCXL template needed
    No special AUM project needed

Just make sure your LCXL button is sending CC #3 in Toggle mode. Or, change the Mozaic code to reflect the CC that your LCXL button is sending.

Make sure LCXL and Mozaic both send AND receive MIDI

@Jimantronic said:
    hmm, I tried that Mozaic script an AUM and made the appropriate midi connections, but no lights, so I suspect I am missing something. Reading through that thread it seems there's a specific template set up on the Launch Control that goes along with the Mozaic script as well as a specific way of setting the AUM session up too. Maybe @drewinnit could explain? I'm happy to write this up and save to patchstorage or something if there's a set of templates that go together to make this work

• @drewinnit Which button should send midi cc 3?

• edited May 2021

every button which you wish to have the LED on/off according to the Mozaic script.

For me, I used all 16...each on its own MIDI channel. So that I could mute/unmute 16 different channels per project

• @drewinnit said:
    Hi,

No LCXL template needed
    No special AUM project needed

Just make sure your LCXL button is sending CC #3 in Toggle mode. Or, change the Mozaic code to reflect the CC that your LCXL button is sending.

Make sure LCXL and Mozaic both send AND receive MIDI

Thanks. I'll give that a go this week 👍

• @Jimantronic said:
    Yeah, I think in the absence of any native support for the Launch Control XL, it's probably going to be a solution in Mozaic to make the lights work.
    I couldn't find anything at all on Patchstorage, but there does appear to be a Mozaic solution in this post here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/733818/#Comment_733818

Aw, right. I think I mixed that up. It was the Mozaic thread here.

• You can use the Components editor to change any of the colors on the pots. I think if you want to change the colors on the Solo/Mute & others, then SysEx is the way to go. You can find those details in the Programmer's reference.

• Sold out everywhere. Why? MK3 is coming?

• Man I wish I understood even just a little of the above thread. I have one too and would love to get more out of it but anything Mozaic-related just flies over my head

• Here is my mosaic code for configuring the buttons and knobs on the LCXL. Hope it’s useful

https://patchstorage.com/launch-control-xl-leds/

Works great loaded as a midi fx in AUM. However when I’m using Drambo (as Drambo doesn’t process sys ex so well) I load mosaic up in midifire in the background

• Is there a firmware to transform the LCXL in standalone séquencer?

• If I have 2 of them, can I edit the cc of each knobs to control more parameters with no overlap?

Ex: cc1 cc2 cc3 etc for the first LCXL and cc34 cc35 cc 36 for the knobs of the second LCXL?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    If I have 2 of them, can I edit the cc of each knobs to control more parameters with no overlap?

Ex: cc1 cc2 cc3 etc for the first LCXL and cc34 cc35 cc 36 for the knobs of the second LCXL?

Yes.

• @auxmux said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    If I have 2 of them, can I edit the cc of each knobs to control more parameters with no overlap?

Yes.

Ok sold. Thank you.