Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

E-Instruments Pure Piano Walkthrough and Comparison with Ravenscroft & American D (3 FREE Copies!)

E-Instruments Pure Piano Walkthrough and Comparison with Ravenscroft & American D (3 FREE Copies!)

I finally got round to doing my Pure Piano vid, and really enjoyed the process. Pure Piano is an excellent grand piano with a unique morph pad allowing experimental sounds such as pad sounds, reverse, percussive styles and intimate sounds somewhat similar to a Felt Piano. In this video I walk you through all the features, and give you a detailed comparison of how this sounds with some of the other best iOS Pianos: Ravenscroft 275 and the Korg Module Ivory American D. This video will be very helpful in letting you decide whether if you still have one or both of those, Pure Piano is still worth buying or not.

**I want to give my huge thanks to our very own Michael Levy for providing the beautiful jazzy improv midi I use for this comparison, Some of you may know him as LinearLineman. Michael is not only very talented but also extremely prolific. You can check out hundreds of his improvisations at https://soundcloud.com/michael-levy-387395070

I have 3 copies of Pure Piano to give away to subscribers to the channel. Details of how to win are in the pinned comment at the top of the Youtube comments section. Winners will be announced 2-3 days after release of the video. Good luck!

As always folks, if you find this useful, consider taking a second to grace it with your thumbs-up.

Please remember to support the channel by not watching behind an adblocker, by donating by PayPal if it is within your means, and maybe by watching the odd ad or two. Channels like this are very useful but very niche, and so depend massively on viewer support. Huge thanks to all the channel regulars for your great support and appreciation of my work 🙏 - more people have been watching ads and I can actually see that the YouTube ad revenue is increasing. Big thanks folks!

My instagram
https://instagram.com/gavinskistutorials
My twitter
https://twitter.com/gavinski_s?s=09

If you enjoy the channel and would like to show your appreciation, my PalPal is
https://paypal.me/GavinskisTutorials

PayPal donations make a huge difference to how sustainable my continuing to do this channel is, as ad revenue is so tiny in our small iOS niche, so I am very happy when people support me in this way, and will certainly take the time to email you to thank you personally if you do 🙏.

This video has timestamps when viewed in Youtube

Comments

• This will be a premiere so feel free to join the live chat. Hopefully someone from e-instruments can join us but I am not sure yet if they can. Would be great if @LinearLineman can make it to bask in the glory of people’s reaction to how beautiful the midi he gave me to use here is. This starts at 3.30pm UK time, 4.30pm Berlin time, and lasts for roughly 35 mins.

• This will be fun to watch and yep this time I'll check if I get lucky :smiley:

• Cool, can't wait for this one! Still haven't bought any of the IOS pianos yet

• I'm in a team call then :D, but if I can't make it to the premiere, I'll watch it later. Looking very much forward to that.

• I have the beathawk piano and am really tempted by this. Looking forward to the vid, cheers @Gavinski 👍

• I can’t believe you have gone this long worth out getting a piano Aleyas! See you there

@aleyas said:
    Cool, can't wait for this one! Still haven't bought any of the IOS pianos yet

@Samu @FloRi89 @rud good stuff lads, the premiere is about to start any minute now

• Caught the tail end of the live feed.. just finished the replay.. good stuff @Gavinski..
    Having Michael’s piece for the comparison was excellent.. Pure Piano sounds great to me.. The morph pad is the ticket.. tons of potential..
    Thanks for the demo.. 👍

• I'm using both Pure and Ravenscroft, and I'd agree with Gavinski's final assessment. For me, Pure sits well in bigger mixes where there's a lot of other things going on. It has nice weight and presence. Ravenscroft does well when the piano is the featured sound -- more detailed and elegant, which can get crushed in a denser mix.

• edited May 2021

Sorry I missed the premiere, Gavin. Excellent job. I agree, the missing string res on Pure Piano needs to be corrected. Hopefully, e-instruments will address that soon. I agree the bass is clearer, out of the box, with PP as opposed to Ravenscroft. I do like Module AmD a lot, however. For now I’ll be sticking with PP.

And thanks for the praise. Glad it showed up for this particular review. Much appreciation for what you do.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Sorry I missed the premiere, Gavin. Excellent job. I agree, the missing string res on Pure Piano needs to be corrected. Hopefully, e-instruments will address that soon. I agree the bass is clearer, out of the box, with PP as opposed to Ravenscroft. I do like Module AmD a lot, however. For now I’ll be sticking with PP.

And thanks for the praise. Glad it showed up for this particular review. Much appreciation for what you do.

Oh Mike, I was so happy to he able to use your beautiful music here, it just made my vid! ❤️

• Interesting decision to ship this with stretch tuning. Left me a little 🤔 until I worked out what was ‘amiss’. I’d describe Pure’s tone as clean and ‘direct’ with not much complexity to the sound. Its treble sings better than any iOS piano I’ve tried so it’s my first choice for a band-mix piano.

Ravenscroft 275 by comparison sounds more diffuse / distant and may be better suited to ambient. But it’s surprising how much timbral diversity can be extracted by those few dials.

I don’t own Am D but it sounds a little strident and compressed to my ears. I’m sure it’s not in person as it seems to be well liked here.

Let’s not forget the other Pure - the Upright IAP in PureSynth Platinum. It’s lovely for what it is.

Thorough and entertaining video @Gavinski. Face reveal at 5k subs?

• @cphollis said:
    I'm using both Pure and Ravenscroft, and I'd agree with Gavinski's final assessment. For me, Pure sits well in bigger mixes where there's a lot of other things going on. It has nice weight and presence. Ravenscroft does well when the piano is the featured sound -- more detailed and elegant, which can get crushed in a denser mix.

Yeah, for solo it is hard to beat Ravenscroft, though many might want to fatten and tidy up its bass wor

• Good observations, and tally with my own pretty much. Face reveal? Doubtful. Hand reveal if you’re lucky. Face reveal, maybe at 50k 😛> @onkey said:

Interesting decision to ship this with stretch tuning. Left me a little 🤔 until I worked out what was ‘amiss’. I’d describe Pure’s tone as clean and ‘direct’ with not much complexity to the sound. Its treble sings better than any iOS piano I’ve tried so it’s my first choice for a band-mix piano.

Ravenscroft 275 by comparison sounds more diffuse / distant and may be better suited to ambient. But it’s surprising how much timbral diversity can be extracted by those few dials.

I don’t own Am D but it sounds a little strident and compressed to my ears. I’m sure it’s not in person as it seems to be well liked here.

Let’s not forget the other Pure - the Upright IAP in PureSynth Platinum. It’s lovely for what it is.

Thorough and entertaining video @Gavinski. Face reveal at 5k subs?

• I’ll settle for a hand reveal. Think early @thesoundtestroom.

• You’re getting the noggin’ working here, maybe I need to get a few synth hotties in my vids to up the sub curve lol