Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iRig Pro Duo i/o Demo - The Interface I Underestimated Like A Stupid Hippie!

I knew this audio interface would be a damn good one, but I underestimated just how good it would be. I am more than impressed. This video also contains a quick plug for the "Don't Pissypants About T-Shirt," clips from my new tune, "Can You Feel The Love?" which is now available at my BandCamp, and presets I made in MixBox, also by IK Multimedia, which are available free at my Patreon Account.

Comments

• Thanks for this, i really cant get enough deep diving into iOS friendly audio interfaces.

• anyone could compare it with very similar TC Helicon Go Twin?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    anyone could compare it with very similar TC Helicon Go Twin?

Interested too.

• @tahiche said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Interested too.

That’s a video I’d absolutely love to make. I’m doing some research on it right now. I know nothing about it. It looks like a direct rip off. Cheap too. If I could get my hands on one...

• There’s very little in the way of direct comparison - between TC Helicon and iRig stuff so far. Here’s a little video that gives us some idea - more investigating tomorrow.

• The iRig Pro DUO I/O is an upgrade of their original version released in 2015.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigproduoio/

• edited March 2021

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2021/02/tc-helicon-go-twin-2-channel-audio-midi-interface-for-59e.html

I admit to owning one. Couldn’t resist the price mentioned above and it delivered crystal clear 24- bit recordings IMO on one channel, but the other one was faulty only delivering static noise. Sent it back now waiting to have it replaced.

There are very mixed reviews online, several mentioning quality issues. I guess you get what you pay for, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I am not going into the discussion about the Tribe😗....I tried to walk the moral high grounds for as long as I could but the price here took hold of me.

Regards,
    DMfan🇸🇪

• edited May 2021

@tahiche said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Interested too.

Got a new TC Helicon GO Twin and after running it now for a couple of weeks now it is working fine. Great sound and I can say great value for the money.

Regards,
    DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:
    https://www.synthanatomy.com/2021/02/tc-helicon-go-twin-2-channel-audio-midi-interface-for-59e.html

I admit to owning one. Couldn’t resist the price mentioned above and it delivered crystal clear 24- bit recordings IMO on one channel, but the other one was faulty only delivering static noise. Sent it back now waiting to have it replaced.

There are very mixed reviews online, several mentioning quality issues. I guess you get what you pay for, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I am not going into the discussion about the Tribe😗....I tried to walk the moral high grounds for as long as I could but the price here took hold of me.

Regards,
    DMfan🇸🇪

Tell us about replaced one. Is it good now?

• I had this for a moment it was working pretty good until I started to experience dropped audio.
    I returned it and got the SSL 2 which is much better.
    Now I may have to return that too because it does not work with the new iPad that has thunderbolt
    I wonder if the UAD interface would work with the new iPad of course the plugins would not work.

• Yes, working fine as stated above in my earlier post!

🙌

• i have the iRigPro ( single channel) and so far so good
    should have gotten the DUO

• @DMfan said:

Yes, working fine as stated above in my earlier post!

🙌

Does it charge the iPad?. I mean if plugging it onto the usb c of the iPad and connecting the Go twin to a power outlet. Power delivery they call it?

• edited May 2021

If you power the GO Twin through an optional DC power supply and connect it using USB A, yes.

No cables for USB C are included, so you will have to get an adapter and I don’t know if it will work. I only have an USB A- iPad and built my setup to be battery powered. If need be I have a D-Link powered USB- hub that powers all stuff, including charging my iPad.

Regards,
    DMfan🇸🇪

• Has anyone been able to record video on an iPhone whilst capturing sound from the iRig Pro Duo?

I’m thinking of buying one but need to check this first. Thanks!