Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SWAM CELLO - VIOLA - VIOLIN - DOUBLE BASS OUT NOW

Out now @ErrkaPetti ;-)

Let's post here our compositions:-)

Comments

• Link por favor!

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Link por favor!

Simply search for "SWAM" or "Audio Modeling" in the App Store, and you'll find everything instruments 😉

• Will there be a bundle?

• I did not like too much the beta but it was maybe due to my lack of experience in playing these instruments. Without a proper midi recorder inside AUM I am not able to insert mpe instruments in anyone of my tracks😂😂😂

• edited April 2021

Audio Modeling (the developers) still have not properly set up their instruments to be used “out of the box” as an AUv3 plugin in iOS GarageBand. Unless they’ve changed the apps very recently without my being aware of it, there is still no option so a user could simply choose a “Preset for GarageBand”. This is an easily correctable oversight.

• I’ve really liked these on the beta. Very realistic, and virtual bowing on the screen makes it even better, kind of integrates a type of “Pen2Bow” experience.

These definitely require practice, and while I do that I always turn off the pitch bend. I also recently picked up an Artiphon Instrument 1 and it goes extremely well with these (and the other SWAMs).

Roger Linn always says to record the audio, MPE gets us closer to real instruments. Learn to play and record the take as audio. Tough love, but as countless have said here, it is necessary to learn how to play it if you want to get the full realism.

• edited April 2021

This is the future... Unbelievable... Excellent...

5+

• @mjcouche said:
    I’ve really liked these on the beta. Very realistic, and virtual bowing on the screen makes it even better, kind of integrates a type of “Pen2Bow” experience.

These definitely require practice, and while I do that I always turn off the pitch bend. I also recently picked up an Artiphon Instrument 1 and it goes extremely well with these (and the other SWAMs).

Roger Linn always says to record the audio, MPE gets us closer to real instruments. Learn to play and record the take as audio. Tough love, but as countless have said here, it is necessary to learn how to play it if you want to get the full realism.

But then I won’t have time to mindlessly use the randomize feature! ...There’s a randomize feature, right? Better email the developers. Better yet, do you have their personal cell number?

• Finally can get that chamber orchestra sound I’ve wanted since… forever.

• How do you play them to get better sound? Turning off pitch bend and what else? Do you use on screen keyboard, MPE controller or what?

• edited April 2021

Thank you! I grabbed the bass!
    I’m a beta tester, so I’m shocked I didn’t get an email about the release.

• Yeah! No info out about bundles either, strange. These are certainly sounding great though

• @Gavinski said:
    Yeah! No info out about bundles either, strange. These are certainly sounding great though

No mail also here

• I have a question while we’re on the SWAM subject; the SWAM Brass instruments, I have the Flugelhorn, a French Horn, and a Euphonium.

Now on all of these, they come with the AUv3 version, but in AUM I cannot get the AU versions to switch to the performance screen. Is this normal?

It keeps saying “Expand the plug-in window in order to select and manage your presets” or “Expand the plug-in window to show the main view”

Is this normal?

• @Gavinski said:
    Yeah! No info out about bundles either, strange. These are certainly sounding great though

On a Facebook group it was mentioned that a bundle would be landing in a few day. I do recall with the brass that it took a few days for bundle pricing to show. They didn’t mention pricing of the bundle though.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    I have a question while we’re on the SWAM subject; the SWAM Brass instruments, I have the Flugelhorn, a French Horn, and a Euphonium.

Now on all of these, they come with the AUv3 version, but in AUM I cannot get the AU versions to switch to the performance screen. Is this normal?

It keeps saying “Expand the plug-in window in order to select and manage your presets” or “Expand the plug-in window to show the main view”

Is this normal?

Yes, u just have to make the app larger, expand its borders, eventually the performance screen will appear

• @Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    I have a question while we’re on the SWAM subject; the SWAM Brass instruments, I have the Flugelhorn, a French Horn, and a Euphonium.

Is this normal?

Yes, u just have to make the app larger, expand its borders, eventually the performance screen will appear

Ah thank you! I thought I was losing my mind... dang they really want it all the way out huh.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Is this normal?

Ah thank you! I thought I was losing my mind... dang they really want it all the way out huh.

Yeah, it's a bit if a 'drag' lol, gets me every time too

• @Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Is this normal?

Does it not work for you if you double tap the header of the AUv3? This expands the window to full size on my iPad.

• I don't have any swam instruments yet. Noob question alert. Which direction would you rather recommend: try these strings or go for the geoswam versions? Other than the price, what's the difference between them?

Thanks very much for all tips and knowledge sharing. 🙏

• @steve99 said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Is this normal?

Does it not work for you if you double tap the header of the AUv3? This expands the window to full size on my iPad.

It does not. I thought the same, in that an AU window was fully expanded with the double tap, but nope, I had to move it all the way to the very top of the screen (above AUM’s transport controls) and drag the bottom handles all the way down to the very bottom of the screen.

Maybe this is the case on 11” Pros such as mine?

• @Intrepolicious said:

@steve99 said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Is this normal?

It does not. I thought the same, in that an AU window was fully expanded with the double tap, but nope, I had to move it all the way to the very top of the screen (above AUM’s transport controls) and drag the bottom handles all the way down to the very bottom of the screen.

Maybe this is the case on 11” Pros such as mine?

Ah, frustrating, I’m on 10.5 pro and works ok. Sounds like something that could be fixed though, I hope for your sake that’s sooner rather than later.

• edited April 2021

@ervin , def the standalone. More parameters and you’re not locked into the GeoShred platform. Also, the standalone strings allow for at least two notes at a time... GeoShred is strictly mono. The standalone will probably be $20 intro as compared to $15 in Geo.

If you want the GeoShred mpe, however, I’m not sure if the standalone can be imported,

• @ervin said:
    I don't have any swam instruments yet. Noob question alert. Which direction would you rather recommend: try these strings or go for the geoswam versions? Other than the price, what's the difference between them?

Thanks very much for all tips and knowledge sharing. 🙏

I’m in favor of the SWAM versions because I like the sound better.

• @LinearLineman @Stuntman_mike thank you gentlemen.

I seem to recall @Gavinski showing in one of his videos how to set up geoshred as controller for swam apps, so even that may work if I should want that. (This will probably sound bizarre but the thing that really holds me back from geoshred is Rudess' beard. 😔)

• @ervin. Be grateful, that beard saved you from buying his other apps.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Also, the standalone strings allow for at least two notes at a time...

Thank you. I’d been wondering about that, particularly since emulating a hardingfele (which uses a lot of double-stops) is a major use-case for me with the violin app.

• @oat_phipps said:

@mjcouche said:
    I’ve really liked these on the beta. Very realistic, and virtual bowing on the screen makes it even better, kind of integrates a type of “Pen2Bow” experience.

But then I won’t have time to mindlessly use the randomize feature! ...There’s a randomize feature, right? Better email the developers. Better yet, do you have their personal cell number?

Hahaha! Yes it’s 555-5309. Randomize should be top of the list. Should I start a new thread?