Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Eventide's UltraTap Pedal - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

Eventide UltraTap is now a pedal! Here are some non-traditional ways of using this incredible device

Comments

• UltraTap Now with extra Slurm

It doesn't get said often enough... you make excellent training videos.
    A lot of work goes into these productions.

I had to Google "Slurm"...

Slurm provides resource management for the processors allocated to a job, so that multiple job steps can be simultaneously submitted and queued until there are available resources within the job's allocation.

That's what I thought.

DaveyPoo - The SlurmLord.

• edited April 2021

Thanks for the feedback - I'm really glad you like these. I did actually do a fair amount of work before this one but when I'm done it doesn't usually feel like it - I watch it back and often feel like I'm just BS-ing my way through yet ANOTHER video.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Thanks for the feedback - I'm really glad you like these. I did actually do a fair amount of work before this one but when I'm done it doesn't usually feel like it - I watch it back and often feel like I'm just BS-ing my way through yet ANOTHER video.

You do good camera work and editing with the extra visual clues to direct attention.
    The performance part is probably what feels like BS but that's just your perfectionist
    weighing in making you feel like you compromised on quality but I think it's like jazz...
    you want to experience something more spontaneous. The video trainers that speak like
    kindergarten teachers and have their text carefully mapped out just aren't much fun to hang with. Your style is better... Haq does a good job too of making it feel fresh and Doug has literally gone to "Live from the Cool Beans Studio" with a studio audience of regulars.

• I deliberately do these in a single-take without a script in order to keep the feel more conversational. That's how I work best IRL as well, so I try to lean into that here. Sometimes in the heat of battle I forget my agenda and don't always touch all the points I mean to, but I find that the annotations help me fill in the gaps.

Hell, as long as you all are still info-tained, mission accomplished!

• It never occurred to me to plug in my pedals from right-to-left but putting the most used pedal near the right foot makes a lot of sense. I'm glad you used your hands... I liked watching you play "hide the pick" like a sleight of hand magician.

• edited April 2021

I was just using a traditional signal path here - overdrive into delay into "amp" into "speaker" but yeah, I guess I do place them right to left. Since I play right-handed guitar, I never thought to do otherwise since the output on the guitar is on my right side - this way there's not crossover of the cable.

I like the idea of showing what I'm using so you can see/recreate the signal path. That way you know there's really no tricks - although honestly, just listen to my lame-a$$ tone and you can REALLY tell there's no tricks....

I've gotten pretty good with hiding the pick - the thing I need to improve on is the don't-let-the-stylus-clatter-on-the-desk-while-filming trick.... I've been guilty of that one a million times over.

• Can I buy something similar on iOS? BTW, I really like your energy in your video. Thank you for this demo!

• Eventide makes an UltraTap IOS app.

• edited April 2021

@Montreal_Music Yes you can!!!

UltraTap Delay: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ultratap-delay/id1463784516

The app has the exact same functionality as the pedal, and I feature the app in the video above. You can also check out my Swift Sprint video on UltraTap here:

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

This video is "on track" and NOT OT... and "Slurm" is on the front panel.