Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Interviews with iOS music app Developers

I would love to listen to an interview with an iOS music application Developers who would tell how theirs applications are created, from where their ideas come from, what are the biggest problems building an app and how are solved, how is teamwork arranged, how does the cooperation with Apple look like and other interesting facts from the developer's life B)

In the next comment I posted what I found. If anyone know another sources please add it to this thread. I will transfer it to wiki and try to keep it up to date. Thanks in advance o:) (I hope to update some dead links on the forum in final wiki list)

Link to WIKI: Interviews with iOS music app Developers

Comments

• edited May 2021

Latest at the top.

Interviews hosted by Jakob Haq / @jakoB_haQ [Youtube]

• [LINK] Aron Lamm interview on iOS and Borderlands Granular
    • [LINK] Bram Bos - KOSMONAUT has it All [ABF]
    • [LINK] Matt Borstell (from "Blip Interactive Ltd") tells about how the Obsidian is created in NanoStudio2 [ABF]
    • [LINK] Kai Aras tells about Volt Synth (short interview start at 17:00 min) [ABF]
    • [LINK] Johan Sundhage (from "Klevgr") [ABF]
    • [LINK] Bram Bos - future of music apps?
    • [dead link] Andreas Steinholtz & Nis Wegmann (aka "Primal audio") developers of FM4 [ABF]
    • [dead link] Jonatan Liljedahl (aka "Kymatica") creator of AudioShare, SECTOR among others [ABF]
    • [dead link] Jarek Jacek (aka "BeepStreet") creator of Sunrizer, Zeeon, Drambo [ABF]
    • [dead link] Nick Dika (aka "Taika Systems") creator of Photophore Synth [ABF]

Interviews hosted by Matt Fecher / @analog_matt [Youtube]

• [LINK] Geert Bevin about how Synth Apps are made at MOOG [ABF]
    • [LINK] MSimp Music App Maker & Sound Designer (MSXII, Ableton, NI) [ABF]
    • [LINK] Michael Tyson creator of Audiobus, Loopy, SampleBot and This forum :) [ABF]
    • [LINK] Paul Batchelor creator of Soundpipe & Sporth, winner of SXSW Award
    • [LINK] Andy Bull creator of LayR [ABF]
    • [LINK] Josh Hodge about Learning VST and C++ Audio Programming [ABF]
    • [LINK] Oliver Greschke creator of Elastic Drums & Elastic FX [ABF]
    • [LINK] Mathieu Garcia (from "Intua") creator of BeatMaker 3 featuring AB Forum Questions [ABF1] , [ABF2]
    • [LINK] Yaron Karasik creator of Jam Looper & Disco Videos [ABF]
    • [LINK] Dave Gibson (from "FutureSonic") about AUv3 Plugins and Tips for New Devs [ABF]
    • [LINK] Alex Buga Top 5 app, Samplist [ABF]

Interviews hosted by Nu-Trix The Synth Guy [Youtube]

• [LINK] Matthew Fecher - Making a better iOS music world! [ABF]
    • [LINK] Tom Longabaugh (from "Eventide") - Under the hood of Eventide's iOS apps
    • [LINK] Dustin and Brandon (from "Roland") - What are Roland Zen Core, Zenology and Roland Cloud
    • [LINK] Dustin and Brandon (from "Roland") - Zenbeats 1.2.3 - What's new?
    • [LINK] Bleass - the future of iOS music production
    • [LINK] Henny tha bizness and Kennard Garret - About House Mark 1
    • [LINK] Alex Matheu - Interview with developer of Glitchcore [ABF]
    • [LINK] VARIOUS - Getting to know the people behind our music tools!

Interviews hosted by Various Hosts:

• [LINK] Marek Bereza - Interview with developer of Koala Sampler [by Kevin Allen]
    • [LINK] Matthew Fecher - AudioKit Co-founder [by Kevin Allen]
    • [LINK] Matthew Fecher - Let's Play with FM Player [by Tim Webb]
    • [LINK] Matthew Fecher - Developer of Synth One [by Dj Puzzle iOS Music]
    • [LINK] AudioKit Pro Guys - Interview on AUv3 and iPhone Apps at the AUv3 Show NAMM 2019 [by Shazamm The iPad Producer]
    • [LINK] Matt Fecher and Jeff (from "AudioKit") about AudioKit Pro Digitalism 2000 [ABF] [by SoundForMore Tutorials]
    • [LINK] Mark Watt creator of SpaceCraft Granular Synth [ABF] [by AudioProgramers]
    • [LINK] Chris Randall (co-owner of "Audio Damage") about his life as an indie developer, what makes a successful product and his path into software development [ABF] [by AudioProgramers]
    • [LINK] Louis (from "Retronyms") where he shared his thoughts about his distortion synth Phase84 [ABF] [by http://blog.retronyms.com]
    • [LINK] Taylor Holliday creator of Audulus 3 [ABF] [by https://www.synthtopia.com]
  • edited April 2021

I found great site www.synthtalk.net where interviews are published in reading form by @SynthTalk:

Latest at the top:

• [LINK] TEAM of Federal University of Santa Catarina in Brazil - Ocenaudio is a fast and powerful Audio Editor
    • [LINK] Yuri Turov - On the making of Xynthesizr and Shoom for iOS [ABF]
    • [LINK] Patrick Kunz - The TAL-U-NO-LX Juno 60 Emulation is available on iOS
    • [LINK] Marek Bereza - Creator of the Koala Sampler
    • [LINK] Erik Sigth - Talks about Humbletune [ABF]
    • [LINK] Marcos Alonso - The Story behind Samplr; A Next-Level sampler instrument for iPad [ABF1] , [ABF2] , [ABF3]
    • [LINK] Mark Watt - An interview with creator of Spacecraft Granular
    • [LINK] Alexander Ewering - An interview with the creator of Xequence [ABF]
  • edited April 2021

If anyone know another sources please add it to this thread. I will transfer it to wiki and try to keep it up to date. Thanks in advance o:)

• edited April 2021

@dakti Thanks for linking to my articles on www.synthtalk.net

I'll be interviewing more developers and engineers. If anyone has a favorite developer they want to see interviewed, let me know.

• edited April 2021

@SynthTalk said:
    @dakti Thanks for linking to my articles on www.synthtalk.net

I'll be interviewing more developers and engineers. If anyone has a favorite developer they want to see interviewed, let me know.

@SynthTalk the pleasure is all mine. You run a great website. It is very nice to look at, but most of all it has great content - the interviews are very interesting. If you had the opportunity I would like to read an interview with Developers / Engineers from the list below (preferably with all of them) o:)

• Dimitrij Pavlov aka "JimAudio" (Poison-202 Vintage Synthesizer / Groove Rider GR-16 / Pure Acid) - eg. What was the creation process and how the apps complement each other.
    • Eugenio Giordani from "ApeSoft" (iVCS3 / Mood / ApeMatrix / Accordion Vintage / Electric Vintage) - eg. How to get the desired analog feeling in the mobile app.
    • Jarek Jacek aka "Beep Street" (Sunrizer Synth / Zeeon synth / Drambo) - eg. About work on Drambo - the largest app thread on the forum.
    • Jessie from "Yonac" (ToneStack / Magellan Synthesizer / Roxsyn Guitar Synthesizer) - eg. About rewrite Tonestack to Tonestack PRO version with AUv3 support.

Of course it would be nice to hear a story from the origins to the present time for each mentioned person regarding the development of subsequent applications, even in the short version :)

• Fantastic collection of interviews!

• @dakti thanks, I’ll add these to my list!

• Great idea and very comprehensive list. Thanks for your work @dakti . This should awaken inspiration in many future app developers :)

• Thanks @SynthTalk, I will look forward to new interviews o:)

Thanks @israelite, I hope the list will keep growing :)

I hope also despite the original website not working @jakoB_haQ has original materials to which I can link current dead links. I wrote to Jakob in this topic.

• edited May 2021

@dakti said
    I hope also despite the original website not working @jakoB_haQ has original materials to which I can link current dead links. I wrote to Jakob in this topic.

:+1: you know I am counting on reading the beepstreet interview :joy:

• edited May 2021

Nu-trix as a couple dev interview on his channel.

• edited May 2021

• @israelite said:

The same :p

@ecou said:

Thank you so much @ecou o:) I just added the NuTrix section to the list :)

• @dakti said:

@israelite said:

The same :p

@ecou said:

Thank you so much @ecou o:) I just added the NuTrix section to the list :)

Thank you for collecting all those ressources.

I think you missed the 2 interviews with Roland about Zenbeat and the Roland Cloud

• edited May 2021

@ecou You're right, just added both links, thanks again :)

By the way I found 5 new interviews and put them on top of "Various" tab. 1 with Marek Bereza and 4 :o with Matthew Fecher.

• These are great. Thanks for the constant updates.

• @dakti said:
    @ecou You're right, just added both links, thanks again :)

By the way I found 5 new interviews and put them on top of "Various" tab. 1 with Marek Bereza and 4 :o with Matthew Fecher.

Nice collection 😎👍

• [LINK] Geert Bevin - The story of MPE [by Gaz Williams] [ABF]