Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Focusrite buys Sequential

https://focusrite.com/en/news/synth-brand-sequential-joins-focusrite-family

Cool. What might come out of this?

Regards,
DMfan🇸🇪

Comments

• Woa. In case folks don't know... Focusrite also owns a lil company called Novation.

• Wow that’s pretty big!

So a Prophet/Summit 7 Rev 3?

• @syrupcore said:
    Woa. In case folks don't know... Focusrite also owns a lil company called Novation.

There’s a handful of companies under the Focusrite umbrella. Ampify is another one that people here will recognize.

• Would love to see better quality control especially for the asking price of DSI... probably wishful thinking though... opposite direction of travel seems more likely

• R_2R_2
    edited April 2021

What might come out of this?

A brand new FukUsRight Prophet VS

• I wonder what Yamaha thinks about this.

The Tetr4 I have is a lot better built than the Focusrite interface I have. I hope they do maintain Sequential as an independent unit.

• I don't know how cool is that and for whom...

• At this point, it was inevitable. I was thinking it was going to happen to Oberheim first by another big player. All other synth makers are part of mega corps except Moog.

• Well...we have to support Moog as much as we can...

• @crony said:
    Well...we have to support Moog as much as we can...

100% yes. People on here were so pleased with their customer service when the Model D app was updated and screwy. Moog was very responsive with that issue and they’re very responsive when you buy hardware from them as well. The couple of times I’ve had an issue with my Sub37, I was able to just call them up and got to talk to a real human that walked me through fixing my problem. They’ve made me a Moog customer for life.

• Smith remains with Sequential, so it looks like they’ll just have more capital behind them for development, manufacturing and distribution.

• @auxmux said:
    At this point, it was inevitable. I was thinking it was going to happen to Oberheim first by another big player. All other synth makers are part of mega corps except Moog.

What about Buchla?

• I hate when they buy companies.

Most of the time, they make things worse or cancel them or "integrate" them somewhere where you don't want them.

• @NeuM said:
    Smith remains with Sequential, so it looks like they’ll just have more capital behind them for development, manufacturing and distribution.

That was said about George Lucas too.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@auxmux said:
    At this point, it was inevitable. I was thinking it was going to happen to Oberheim first by another big player. All other synth makers are part of mega corps except Moog.

What about Buchla?

Yeah, but they are much more boutique. More like independent Eurorack manufacturers really, fittingly. Moog like Korg and Roland has much bigger following, outside the niche synth market.

• @tja said:

@NeuM said:
    Smith remains with Sequential, so it looks like they’ll just have more capital behind them for development, manufacturing and distribution.

That was said about George Lucas too.

No, Lucas sold his companies and put Kathleen Kennedy in charge (with Bob Iger’s blessing).

• Some audio company acquisitions go badly, like when Gibson buy anybody. And I’m still annoyed at creative for killing Ensoniq. And E-Mu.

But I’d like to think novation and sequential will be a good fit and see no reason why focusrite would screw things up.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@auxmux said:

What about Buchla?

They are independent as are MakeNoise. I think he must have been talking about the famous brands of years gone by: ARP, oberheim, etc

• Last I checked, Eric Fox is CEO of Buchla USA LLC, which purchased the former Buchla Electronic Musical Instruments and its assets. Fox is also owner of Foxtone Music.

https://cdm.link/2018/01/buchla-synth-legacy-secured-new-leadership-returning-engineers/#:~:text=“With such an amazing legacy,Eric Fox, about this historic

• I like Focusrite audio interfaces, Novation keyboards, and Ampify apps, so I am predispositioned to favor this aquisition.

• @klownshed said:
    Some audio company acquisitions go badly, like when Gibson buy anybody. And I’m still annoyed at creative for killing Ensoniq. And E-Mu.

But I’d like to think novation and sequential will be a good fit and see no reason why focusrite would screw things up.

Same and same. :+1:

• @u0421793 said:

Coming, Eudora!

• Maybe Dave Smith will collaborate on the next Novation Supernova. I can dream, right?

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Maybe Dave Smith will collaborate on the next Novation Supernova. I can dream, right?

He is going to be busy on a Prophet 5 app. 😉

• There> @syrupcore said:

@klownshed said:
    Some audio company acquisitions go badly, like when Gibson buy anybody. And I’m still annoyed at creative for killing Ensoniq. And E-Mu.

Same and same. :+1:

Actually, one good Gibson incompetence related brand is Neat Microphones- started as a collaboration between Gibson and the original designers of Blue microphones, and when Gibson decided to just focus on guitars again a few years ago they gave the Blue designers their company back and prices went down. The king bee and worker bee are great mics that don’t cost a ton.

• edited May 2021

I thought I saw "Yamaha" in this discussion, but I can't find it now.

However, this announcement tells that part of the story:

https://www.sequential.com/2015/01/sequential-back/

Sequential is acquired by Yamaha in 1987, crosses paths with Korg, and WaveStation is born. Then, at the recommendation of Roland's founder, Ikutaro Kakehashi, Sequential was restored in 2015. Now, another chapter begins.

• @mojozart said:
    I thought I saw "Yamaha" in this discussion, but I can't find it now.

However, this announcement tells that part of the story:

https://www.sequential.com/2015/01/sequential-back/

Sequential is acquired by Yamaha in 1987, crosses paths with Korg, and WaveStation is born. Then, at the recommendation of Roland's founder, Ikutaro Kakehashi, Sequential was restored in 2015. Now, another chapter begins.

That was me. I was just wondering what Yamaha thought about Focusrite now having the rights to the name Sequential. Probably doesn't matter to them very much since they weren't using it and probably never would.