Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectivity Audio 4C

edited April 2021 in Other

https://www.iconnectivity.com/audio4c?fbclid=IwAR3LxV3c-OVbHyFjRd2SE-yRbDnxzkbmRKF8kd3TN3OeL2clqD1fGhYAgHk

Terrible intro video, but nice to see a new interface :)

4 XLR / ¼” TRS combo analog inputs

4 premium microphone preamplifiers with 48v phantom power

4 ¼” TRS balanced analog outputs

¼” stereo headphone output with independent mix

DIN-MIDI port built-in (1 in 1 out)

USB-MIDI Host port (connect up to 8 USB MIDI class-compliant devices with a USB hub)

Auracle software (Mac OS, Windows) makes it simple to set up and configure your whole system – which is also stored in flash memory on the interface

Power/Charge a USB Type-C compatible device (up to 15W)

Multi-host Device ports – use up to 2 computer devices Mac OS/Windows/iOS/Android at the same time

Audio and MIDI passThru routes audio digitally between two computing devices

Comprehensive audio mixing and routing between connected USB computing devices and analog outputs

Standalone computer-less operation – mix/merge audio and host 5 pin DIN + USB class-compliant MIDI

Multiple routable MIDI ports: Computer MIDI, 5 pin DIN-MIDI and class compliant USB-MIDI devices

High-resolution audio - up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion

Capacitive touch user controls

Comments

• edited April 2021

Looks like a solid successor to the iCA4+

Never liked Auracle software though -- it's all about iConfig!

• Agree :) hope we see a new iconfig update...I never use Auracle

• so any list with differences between ICA4+ and this one?
    What is MSRP price?

• I think the main difference is USB-C and Android support
    MSRP $499.99 USD

• Will this allow 8 tracks from iPad AUM via CCK into Logic on Mac at same time?

• This is nice to see.

I was just going to ask if iConfig still worked on iOS because I can't get it to see my device. But, I tried just now and after two reloads it did actually see my iConnectMIDI4. I don't think it's been updated, so I wonder why it started working.

• @OscarSouth said:

Whats the difference between Auracle and iConfig? I have an iCA4+ and wasn't able to get Auracle to work on my old MacOSX, so I've been using iConfig, but would like to know whats their main differences and uses.
    Cheers!

• After battling with the device (hardware/software interaction problems) for years I've recently transitioned to the new Auracle X software (1.8.3) from the old unreliable iConfig.

Auracle X is much improved but still has a few bugs. Most notably you'll have to sacrifice 1 stereo channel on each device to ensure 'it' works as 'it' desires. iConnectivity also needs to polish up the MIDI filter/transform part of Auracle which is now half-baked.

So, iConfig still affords more unstable flexibility but Auracle X is what the company is offering for now.

Auracle X for iOS would be a welcome app/software addition at some point.

• edited April 2021

iConfig is so much better, used on Windows and Mac, works really well.

I'd pay more for a version of this with ADAT In and Out.

• @alvescarlos said:

@OscarSouth said:

Whats the difference between Auracle and iConfig? I have an iCA4+ and wasn't able to get Auracle to work on my old MacOSX, so I've been using iConfig, but would like to know whats their main differences and uses.
    Cheers!

There was an argument that iConfig can discourage new users with all its features, so Auracle was meant to streamline the UX... I’m not sure how it worked out for the audio part but for midi (iCM) I thought Auracle was a step back.
    Both basically useless on iPad for quite some time here...

• I asked their tech support my question (see above) and got a less than understandable answer about streaming. Erm!

I have asked my question again with a little more context (though I don’t think it was needed for such a simple question).

I think there a few people here and there that would like to be able to multitrack simultaneously from the iPad to logic without the ball ache of recording stems and importing via file app etc.

Will keep you posted and fingers crossed!

• @auxmux said:

+1 and Spdiff also :)

But I wonder if it can handle 2 iPad at the same time or not...(like 1 iPAd + 1 mac or PC or Android)

• Don’t think I see a need to “upgrade” from my ica4 but am very happy to see them putting out new devices. Was a little worried about them.

• edited April 2021

ADAT I/O on the audiofuse was a total PITA for me. I had hoped to get multitrack out of the iPad via usb to audiofuse then into the Focusrite 18i20 via ADAT and into logic but that was a multiple car pile up.

One has to wonder

1. Am I asking too much? The iPad can do multitrack out. The Mac can do multitrack in.
    2. Is there no market for this?
    3. Am I weird? Well yes I am but hey refer to point 1
  • Definitely glad there is something I can upgrade to if my ICA4+ dies!

• @crony said:

@auxmux said:

+1 and Spdiff also :)

But I wonder if it can handle 2 iPad at the same time or not...(like 1 iPAd + 1 mac or PC or Android)

Two iPads works just fine with ICA4+, should be good with this too.

• So you can map 18 channels out from iPAD to MAC

BUT and here is the kicker you HAVE to use iConfig. iConfig is old and not supported on latest OS.

Auracle only supports 2 channels for this.

Purchase cancelled.

• iConfig runs on my iPad, iOS 14.5. Let me see if it actually works with the iCA4+

• Should launchpad pro work in the host port of the ica4+, or is that not likely to work?

• edited April 2021

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Yes, it should

Interesting, I’ll try again, it didn’t with a hub in between and I thought it might be that the launchpad needed a driver or something as it powered up but didn’t show up in aum etc... maybe without the hub... ta 🙏

Directly it works, nice, in both aum and ableton at the same time! Now I just need to find another MIDI cable for the old controller keyboard :)

• @Krupa said:

Yes, it should

Interesting, I’ll try again, it didn’t with a hub in between and I thought it might be that the launchpad needed a driver or something as it powered up but didn’t show up in aum etc... maybe without the hub... ta 🙏

I don’t own LP, not sure if it has specific power mode for iPad, but so far any hw, synth, controller I plugged into my iCM4+ - through powered hub - worked fine.

• Actually it’s not quite the same, it works as a controller and sequencer but seems like it’s not doing the whole integrated into ableton thing as much - selecting tracks and that sort of thing... fair compromise, I’ll see what I prefer - it was mainly that I wanted to just plug and play into AUM without launching ableton all the time and the launchpad doesn’t seem to automatically send stuff to the ICA from the PC without mapping it specifically... thanks again 👍👍

• @Krupa said:
    Actually it’s not quite the same, it works as a controller and sequencer but seems like it’s not doing the whole integrated into ableton thing as much - selecting tracks and that sort of thing... fair compromise, I’ll see what I prefer - it was mainly that I wanted to just plug and play into AUM without launching ableton all the time and the launchpad doesn’t seem to automatically send stuff to the ICA from the PC without mapping it specifically... thanks again 👍👍

I’ve found I can get Launchpad ‘session’ control to iPad via desktop and Studiomux, but I have to fire up Ableton first. Ableton ‘grabs’ the LP whether I have it setup in midi control or not. If I then disable the midi in / out in Live’s control surface settings the session mode persists and is available in AUM (to LK or Atom). The ‘notes’ remain available to both. If you quit Live the option remains on the iPad.

It’s a slightly cumbersome work around and no idea if it’ll be the same via Iconnectivity, but I enjoyed discovering the solution, so thought I’d pass it on.

• Oh... I see. I’ve seen comments about control surface modes not initiated on launch or left on when exiting app. Probably just a general issue that needs improvement, but from memory, iCM has some midi messages filtered by default which could cause the initialisation issue.

• edited April 2021

Oh... I see. I’ve seen comments about control surface modes not initiated on launch or left on when exiting app. Probably just a general issue that needs improvement, but from memory, iCM has some midi messages filtered by default which could cause the initialisation issue.

Yeah, I think it’s a long way for initiation messages to go from iOS app to launchpad when there’s a desktop in between. Using Ableton (Lite or Full) to effectively kick start the session mode works ok for me - I prefer to think of it more as a miracle that it can work rather than an issue to fix :)

• Ah that’s interesting, ill try a few combos and see how it goes, ta @steve99

• @auxmux said:

+1

• Think they are REALLY missing a massively cool feature here and VERY reluctant to try one if it's going to be limited to 2 channels in from the iPAD at some point as iConfig no longer runs. What a shame.

• iConfig is working ok, they're just not "supporting" it.