Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatly Pro, the pocket ghost producer

Beatly pro - music generator, generates 2 loop bars of trap hip hop Lofi r&b music, which can then be exported via midi or wav. Load samples as well only $3.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beatly-pro/id1550189157

Try the free version to see if you like the sounds...

Beatly
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beatly-music-generator/id1540408047

Comments

• I’m curious if the midi is in stems or all in one? Anyone who purchased know ?

• Can't import drum tracks.

• @auxmux said:
    Can't import drum tracks.

What do you mean @auxmux

• Do you mean export the midi drums separate from the instruments

• Two minutes with the free version was enough to convince me to spring for the full app. Think of it as a genre-specific version of Riffer, though you’ll need to export the MIDI to use it with other apps. Still, should provide plenty of fun for four bucks.

• @Poppadocrock it stems it out for you. at least its stemmed out when i load into ableton

• its... ok. mediocre at best. no audio stem export. midi export seems to have some timing issues. The beats generated all seem to sound like 2012 Black Eyed Peas b side demos that never made the b sides bonus album.

• edited April 2021

Not seeing the entire interface on my iPad. Just the big “play” circle in the middle and the record button. Does not play a new “beat“ with each stop/start. Just the same one. 🙁

OK - There it is. Almost impossible to see the icons in normal light conditions. That needs to be fixed.

• @anickt said:
    Not seeing the entire interface on my iPad. Just the big “play” circle in the middle and the record button. Does not play a new “beat“ with each stop/start. Just the same one. 🙁

Are you using the free version? Tap the icon in the lower right to generate a new beat.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @Poppadocrock it stems it out for you. at least its stemmed out when i load into ableton

Awesomeness, thanks, I was hoping so. So it’s only 2 bars max?

• edited April 2021

@celtic_elk said:

@anickt said:

Are you using the free version? Tap the icon in the lower right to generate a new beat.

What iOS you on? Edit - nevermind I see you found it.

• edited April 2021

@shinyisshiny said:
    its... ok. mediocre at best. no audio stem export. midi export seems to have some timing issues. The beats generated all seem to sound like 2012 Black Eyed Peas b side demos that never made the b sides bonus album.

Yea I’m not concerned as much about the audio, more the midi side of things, but since you can load samples, it would make sense to do audio stem export. Based off the free one, I don’t think it compares to apps like piano motifs or songen, but for $3.99, with midi stem export, It might worth a try. Maybe a few fixes and updates would help a lot. Audio stem export, the Midi timing you mentioned, picking the key, more precise tempo, are just some of the basics that would make this app better.

Lol. That’s quite the description.

• @celtic_elk said:
    Two minutes with the free version was enough to convince me to spring for the full app. Think of it as a genre-specific version of Riffer, though you’ll need to export the MIDI to use it with other apps. Still, should provide plenty of fun for four bucks.

Yea I think I will try it. I see it as a simpler Songen.

• Now that Atom 2 has midi import/export it really opens up a lot of midi possibilities with other apps that don’t have connectivity but export midi.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Now that Atom 2 has midi import/export it really opens up a lot of midi possibilities with other apps that don’t have connectivity but export midi.

Helium soon as well.

• Seems cool.
    Dang it... ios13 :tongue:

• @shinyisshiny said:
    its... ok. mediocre at best. no audio stem export. midi export seems to have some timing issues. The beats generated all seem to sound like 2012 Black Eyed Peas b side demos that never made the b sides bonus album.

You can’t automatically export individual stems, but you can solo individual tracks with the mixer, record, and then export as WAV.

I haven’t figured out how to load samples or re-randomize an individual instrument within a beat, which the App Store descriptions suggests are included features. Anyone else?

• @celtic_elk said:

@shinyisshiny said:

You can’t automatically export individual stems, but you can solo individual tracks with the mixer, record, and then export as WAV.

I haven’t figured out how to load samples or re-randomize an individual instrument within a beat, which the App Store descriptions suggests are included features. Anyone else?

That’s a good point on audio stems...

• @celtic_elk said:

The mixer view has an arrow above it that reveals those options when pressed.

• @FordTimeLord said:

@celtic_elk said:

So it does. Thanks!

• I recently spoke with the developer, and he is interested in getting some feedback and ideas for the app. I told him about the forum, and I believe he plans on joining us in the very near future, I can’t promise anything, but keep an eye out for that. I’m really excited to see where this app might go.

I also mentioned this particular thread to him so in the meantime if anyone has any feature requests or update ideas please feel free to share them here. I think he plans on checking this thread out. Cheers!

• edited April 2021

Link and core midi output would be great!

• @AudioGus said:
    Link and core midi output would he great!

Agreed!

• Wish list:

• Host synced AuV3
    • AuV3 midi out per part
    • Long press on a part’s icon randomizes only that part
    • “Previous” & “Next” arrows for quick preset selection
  • I love all those @jolico especially individual instrument midi out, that would be awesome. I love me some randomization options as well. different ways to lock certain parameters and randomize others would be really cool.

I kind of see this app as a hip hop/lo fi Piano Motifs, once a few features are added. I think it has tons of potential.

• Hello everyone,

thanks @Poppadocrock for inviting me to this forum and thank you all for interest in Beatly.
    There is a lot of wonderful ideas. I hope I will have time to implement as much as possible.
    If you have more suggestions, keep it coming!
    Btw if any of you is interested in joining my TestFlight to occasionally try some new features, just drop me a message with your Apple ID and name!

Thank you,
    Antonin

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Hello everyone,

thanks @Poppadocrock for inviting me to this forum and thank you all for interest in Beatly.
    There is a lot of wonderful ideas. I hope I will have time to implement as much as possible.
    If you have more suggestions, keep it coming!
    Btw if any of you is interested in joining my TestFlight to occasionally try some new features, just drop me a message with your Apple ID and name!

Thank you,
    Antonin

Welcome to the forum and thank you for creating such an awesome app.

• @AntoninCharvat thanks for stopping in. The app is fun, but could be so much more!

As others have mentioned, it would be great to randomize individual parts of a song. I would also love to see key selection! Maybe a quantization tool as well. Check out piano motifs app if you want some inspo!

• @FordTimeLord said:

@celtic_elk said:

@jolico @shinyisshiny

• @celtic_elk said:

@FordTimeLord said:

@celtic_elk said:

@jolico @shinyisshiny

👍