Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scrolling in the middle question

So I’ve got a bunch of iOS DAWs and they all scroll through the timelines as I play or record whatever. If the timeline is not all the way zoomed out you get it scrolling through a little section of the timeline and then it will jump to the next section and continue scrolling, right?
So would anybody besides me prefer the wav/midi form to continuously scroll and have the timeline line stay fixed in the middle so we could see any waveforms or markers coming up instead of hoping it’s not at the beginning of the next section? Do some daws already do that and I’m not aware, or does everybody prefer the section jumping?

Smooth or Jumping
  1. Which would you prefer if you could choose?7 votes
    1. Smooth scrolling!
      57.14%
    2. Jumpy sections!
      42.86%

Comments

• of course smooth why dont they all do this?? maybe in case ur eyes need to fix something onscreen for few seconds I guess?

• Smooth scrolling will eat more CPU than 'page swapping' so that might be one reason we don't have it everywhere...

• As a programmer my brain is saying the same as @Samu - updating the display 60 times per second while rendering and playing all your audio, vs rendering it once per second, so I'm gonna vote jumping as I'd rather my cpu cycles were spent on the audio.

• Same. Performance over eye candy. If you can have both, great, but in a limited platform like this, the tradeoff is probably necessary. Voted smooth because of the way the poll is phrased, but not bothered that it may not be practical.

I try not to rely on visuals any more than I have to though.

• edited April 2021

The problem with smooth scrolling is that any edits during playback become impossible, because the positions of all editable objects constantly change. (I've had this in Xequence when I first implemented follow-song and I hated it in practice.)