Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ID700 IS HERE

Comments

• edited April 2021

Yes it is, I agree, but it is relevant to those people who like a synth that comes with good mpe patches out of the box

Ah. Gotcha. Not so much ‘plug n play’. The crazy amount of parameters that can be assigned via the 5 mpe controls could lead to some ridiculous control. I’m just having a good time setting up all kinds of silly long envelopes on everything.

• @modosc I'm having an issue transferring AU presets from one iPad to another. I exported to iCloud ( also tried Dropbox ) but they are not opening when I click on them. Is there another process for importing presets?

Also, it would be awesome if presets could be exported in batches, or if there was Files app access to the User presets. Thanks!

• @Shiloh said:

Yes it is, I agree, but it is relevant to those people who like a synth that comes with good mpe patches out of the box

Ah. Gotcha. Not so much ‘plug n play’. The crazy amount of parameters that can be assigned via the 5 mpe controls could lead to some ridiculous control. I’m just having a good time setting up all kinds of silly long envelopes on everything.

It's definitely a really interesting synth, I love it so far but have just scratched the surface. Modulation possibilities, whether mpe or otherwise, are insane

• @FRibeiro said:
    Hi!

Just got it!

Does it work in standalone mode?
    It freezes at the start screen (ID700) and then crashes.
    Reinstalled, rebooted, etc. Still the same :(

But it seems ok as AUv3 in AUM.
    Going to try it better now, I'm very excited about this synth!

iPad Air 1 iOS 12.5.1

Happened to me as well. Then I opened it in AUM, first as AU and then as IAA. For some reason that worked.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@FRibeiro said:
    Hi!

Just got it!

iPad Air 1 iOS 12.5.1

Happened to me as well. Then I opened it in AUM, first as AU and then as IAA. For some reason that worked.

I had the same experience on my iPad Air (1). The dev is working on it, and a fix should be on the way.

• The presets alone are amazing and great starting points

• @Philandering_Bastard Ah cool thanks i will take a look at it🙂

@reasOne 😂you know me😂

• Cool review and great app. I am wondering whether people are bothered by lack of sync or not?

• hey everyone - sorry for the slow replies, the last two days have been crazy!

i submitted the first update to the app store this morning, it includes fixes for the ipad air/mini crashes among other things. once that's out and i'm sure it works i'll be able to respond to everything else. thanks for your patience!

• @modosc said:
    hey everyone - sorry for the slow replies, the last two days have been crazy!

i submitted the first update to the app store this morning, it includes fixes for the ipad air/mini crashes among other things. once that's out and i'm sure it works i'll be able to respond to everything else. thanks for your patience!

@modosc Good work! It's a wonderful synth.

• @Pierre118 said:

@modosc said:
    hey everyone - sorry for the slow replies, the last two days have been crazy!

@modosc Good work! It's a wonderful synth.

Yes

• @Gavinski said:
    Cool review and great app. I am wondering whether people are bothered by lack of sync or not?

One can always use some sync.

• @modosc I have a couple of early observations and suggestions from setting up a basic FM patch:

I thought the oscs were turned off, since they display an "off" button. Finally realized that the off/on controls apply to "osc 4 sync". It would be clearer if those words appeared on the button.

Log scale on the harmonic adjusters would be convenient. It's difficult to adjust small values. For example, drawbar organs have "off", then 8 steps of roughly 3 dB each, so -24 dB up to 0 dB (full on). A range like that would facilitate small adjustments.

I'm using my stylus to make adjustments. It's just an ordinary stylus (Adonit Mark), not a "pencil", no battery required. Seems essential on my 9.7" iPad.

The Wave function seems to add 2nd and 3rd harmonics (with full scale input), even with straight line default. Using the spectrogram in Mani Consulting's Oscilloscope to analyse. It's probably inherent in the computation. But combining FM with the Wave operators can create some very dense harmonics, and interesting sounds.

I used StreamByter to map the controls on my keyboard controller to the default MIDI parameters. Having that Panic button handy is a def plus. And adjusting the Time Scaling can make things a little less crazy.

The DSP% on my iPad 6 depends on the number of active voices. Pushing it to the maximum of 12, I saw 70%. But playing a "normal" patch, it runs 20-40%. In comparison, it stalls at 8 voices on my original iPad Air.

• @Gavinski said:

@Shiloh said:

It's definitely a really interesting synth, I love it so far but have just scratched the surface. Modulation possibilities, whether mpe or otherwise, are insane

just wait until gavinskistutorials drops a vid... then the whole thing will open up

• @wim said:

@gregsmith said:
    What does ‘through May 9’ mean?

Until 9th May?

I don't think anyone can answer that definitively. To me it should mean "up until 12:00 midnight 9th May". But it could mean something else to the writer. And, with in international App Store, the end of May 9 in one region could be different from another if it's relative to the US or another App Store region.

If you wait until some time May 9th there's a chance you may miss that pricing. I think that's all that can be reliably concluded.

the next version will have different text which may still be just as vague:

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@NeuM said:
    Any idea how many MB’s will be this app?

64.1 MB

the next build will be smaller

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    The manual is very well written and goes into quite a bit of detail regarding the sound shaping capabilities. FM isn’t very intuitive unfortunately.

i plan on updating the manual with more info about each algorithm to help, but yeah, FM has a very steep learning curve.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Just to clarify this is AUv3 correct?

yes, AUv3 and IAA. i updated the store copy for the next version to make it clear.

• @pampalini said:
    One thing that I kept wishing I could do, is modulating the amplitudes of the Chebyshev terms. Do you think that could be on your radar as a future update? In order not to blow it all up with too many modulation sources, you could decide on a couple of meta modulators, e.g. for all odd terms, every 5th term, or some such.

these are exposed as automatable parameters so you could change them from some other plugin if you're running in auv3 mode.

i didn't add them in the midi implementation because there are too many. i thought about NPRN but controller/host support seems to be hit or miss.

• @auxmux said:
    @modosc I'm having an issue transferring AU presets from one iPad to another. I exported to iCloud ( also tried Dropbox ) but they are not opening when I click on them. Is there another process for importing presets?

this is embarrassing to realize now but i never actually implemented it. working on it now, lol.

• @uncledave said:
    Log scale on the harmonic adjusters would be convenient. It's difficult to adjust small values. For example, drawbar organs have "off", then 8 steps of roughly 3 dB each, so -24 dB up to 0 dB (full on). A range like that would facilitate small adjustments.

totally agree here, looking into it now.

• @despego said:

@Gavinski said:
    Cool review and great app. I am wondering whether people are bothered by lack of sync or not?

That's why they invented the Synclavier. :)

• @Deskscape said:

@despego said:

@Gavinski said:

That's why they invented the Synclavier. :)

:smiley:

• @modosc said:

@auxmux said:
    @modosc I'm having an issue transferring AU presets from one iPad to another. I exported to iCloud ( also tried Dropbox ) but they are not opening when I click on them. Is there another process for importing presets?

this is embarrassing to realize now but i never actually implemented it. working on it now, lol.

Hehe, no problem, thanks!

• edited April 2021

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@FRibeiro said:
    Hi!

Just got it!

iPad Air 1 iOS 12.5.1

Yes, it happened to me. After some reboots, reinstallation and opening in AUv3 hosts, now its ok! :D And it's amazing!

• @FRibeiro said:
    Yes, it happened to me. After some reboots, reinstallation and opening in AUv3 hosts, now its ok! :D Ant it's amazing!

i've submitted the fix for the crashes on ipad air/mini to the app store, just waiting on apple to approve it,

• @modosc said:

@FRibeiro said:
    Yes, it happened to me. After some reboots, reinstallation and opening in AUv3 hosts, now its ok! :D Ant it's amazing!

i've submitted the fix for the crashes on ipad air/mini to the app store, just waiting on apple to approve it,

Great! Thank you! :D

• @modosc said:

@FRibeiro said:

Very exciting debut for this synth. And it was remarkable to see and hear Doug (from the Sound Test Room) and his joy interacting with your creation.

• Welcome to our magical musical board here Jonathan! Congratulations on your immense musical achievement in bringing this legendary synthi to OS/iOS! I have been waiting for this baby every since I heard it was coming to IOS! Well everyone it was worth the patient wait. I just left a five star review on the APPLE store. Apologies if this was already asked: is there a way to sync what tweaking I have already done al9ng with patch that I am currently using in the standalone mode with the Au3 version in AUM so that both patches are identically in sync at all times? Thank you very much for bringing this remarkable synth to life again for us all to enjoy its sonic magic and sonic power. It is a monster sonic achievement. Cheers, Elektrik Diva