Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Plutonium / Esoteric Synth

edited April 2021 in Creations

16th in the Periodic Table series. Finally, a chance to use two tracks of Esoteric Synth. And, once again, a 5/4 beat against 4/4 instrumentation.

Radioactivity by Retro Piano. 2 Kronecker tracks and 2 Mersenne tracks ALL @Spidericemidas patches, 2 Beathawk Balkan Bass tracks, Galileo2, FM Tines, Ravenscroft 275 and Future Drummer.

Comments

• Nice Mike! Esoteric looks interesting! I don’t think I’d have given it a second glance without your demonstrations.

• Sun Ra smiles

• Nice one. Quite menacing in a way. I am enjoying these beats in the odd time signatures. It’s amazing the uses you find for my presets. Great stuff!

• @LinearLineman Loving the half life affect of all this cacophony being tagged, and dragged and rag timed and orchestrated in the way you are doing this.

Have you compiled all of these into an album/playlist yet. I need to dig in to all of these tracks. Really beautiful work sir!!!

• @echoopera said:
    @LinearLineman Loving the half life affect of all this cacophony being tagged, and dragged and rag timed and orchestrated in the way you are doing this.

Have you compiled all of these into an album/playlist yet. I need to dig in to all of these tracks. Really beautiful work sir!!!

@echoopera,s seal of approval and mine too. Excellent work

• edited April 2021

Thanks, as always, @Intrepolicious. Now I’ve cost you Pipa and Esoteric Synth. I hope you have Retro Piano, cause you need it!

@Bujar, I hadn’t thought about Sun Ra, but would love to hear the current iteration’s take on radioactivity. Love the raucousness.

Your work inspires me @Spidericemidas. I have to look at your Zeeon stuff again.

Thanks for the welcome remarks @echoopera. The first part of elements from the Periodic Table is below. Two more tracks to go for part two. Please listen to Aurum. Also 5 against 4....

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44529/aurum-quest-for-gold#latest

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/elements

@Toastedghost, thanks for the agreement! (And the seals 🦭🦭🦭)!

• @LinearLineman Love your work. Hopefully I can provide you with some more inspiration soon. I’m working on presets for Poseidon. Coming along alright so far. Got a mixture of musical pads, plucks and some interesting more atonal and atmospheric scapes and fx too. Although, getting the presets shared looks like it’s going to be an interesting challenge.... https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44525/preset-sharing-in-virsyn-s-poseidon-solved#latest

• @Spidericemidas, Poseidon would be great. Question... do you find a lot of Poseidon presets are detuned?

• edited April 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    @Spidericemidas, Poseidon would be great. Question... do you find a lot of Poseidon presets are detuned?

I’ve had Poseidon since it first dropped, played with it a little bit in standalone but never used it much since then, certainly never in any music making. So I wouldn’t have spotted any tuning anomalies so easily. Recently I just felt like taking a closer look at it and seeing if I could do anything with it. Now I’ll definitely be sure to go double check the tuning on the presets I’ve got so far, well the musical ones anyway. Could be that some of the wavetables are detuned? I’ll check. Cheers!

• Wow... love this one. An unsettling atmosphere alternating with inviting stuff... The mix of synths and acoustics...
    Yum yum :yum: :love:

• Really love Plutonium @LinearLineman - not the real stuff, of course. Looking forward to some more radioactive elements.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Spidericemidas, Poseidon would be great. Question... do you find a lot of Poseidon presets are detuned?

Ok here’s something a bit silly and annoying with Poseidon that I’ve just noticed whilst going through my presets to check the tuning. The course pitch parameter is not saved as part of the preset. I had to adjust the tuning of a preset and saved it. But then that particular tuning did not change when selecting the other presets. Not much I can do about that. Users will just have to adjust tuning as needed if using the presets in their music.