Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria MIDI sync Cubasis

razraz
edited November 2014 in App Tips and Tricks

Is it possible to have Cubasis start and stop in sync with Auria? The idea is that Cubasis drives the synths and Auria gets in the end the Audio.

Comments

• I dont think so. Auria does not have midi yet

• In theroy this should work, i think. Auria does have midi...clock, havent used Cubasis.

• I don't think you can. Although Auria can be set to slave it can only slave to MIDI Time Code, not MIDI clock. Cubasis won't slave to clock either and I don't think it sends MTC.

• Oh, there was a topic regarding MTC on the Auria forum from 2013, but I was hoping it got fixed in the meantime. What can I use then to arrange the audio and MIDI before adding the fx in Auria? BM2 maybe?

• edited November 2014

Cubasis has no midi clock in, Auria only accepts MTC in (Cubasis provides Midi clock out)

There are a number of ways but I think the easiest might be, bounce the auria audio and import into Cubasis to make midi :)

• razraz
    edited November 2014

@skoptic - my plan is to get all the synths, drums, etc as midi in app X. Then turn all that into audio tracks in app X and finally add the effects, compression, etc in Auria. I suppose I could just use ACP if I want to make Cubasis my app X... my idea to use AB or IAA fails because of not being able to sync.

• Yup - I do that. Tracks start in Cubasis as midi, bit of audio.They progress until arrangement is getting there - then get exported to Auria.

But sometimes you need to adjust or add some new things and so I tend to bounce whatever is in Auria to a single mix track just so I can create some updates in Cubasis with midi alongside the 'current' track, bounce the new things out back into Auria and finalise, FX & Master there. :)

• edited November 2014

Here's a thread on syncing Auria to Genome.
    Dam paste won't work! http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11760