Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Buchla ID700 dropped on iOS (Jonathan Schatz, modosc designs)

Comments

• Here’s a little teaser. App is definitely worth your support in my opinion, very unique synth

• Nice! i hope it plays well with NS2. I really enjoyed Mood, which to me sort of fills this aesthetic somewhat, but it unfortunately has track bouncing issues. Yes, this could be really nice.

• I have enough s...bollocks.

• edited April 2021

Yup. Gonna have to get it... Pre-ordered.

• That‘s a nice wierd beast B) Off course i pre-orderered

• Consider me interested. I'll likely pre-order once I get a few more gift-cards...

• edited April 2021

Cv out to volca modular fixed then. ( If it sounds like a volca modular, then I dont need cv from ipad ) possibly not even a volca modular.

• Nice, looks deep. Will be my first synth purchase this year as most new synths don't interest me much but I like the look of this one :)

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:
    God I hope he talks to a Graphic Designer prior to release...

Why? It seems logically laid out and functional.

Because it’s a terrible design, it’s sore on the eyes!. It’s like building a million € house and not bothering to give it a coat of paint. Too many great and talented developers overlook the design aspect. You might think it’s just a “matter of taste”, but in cases like this it’s really not. There’s standards in design that respond to color and shape combinations and ratios. This app needs a design overhaul, badly.

• edited April 2021

It does rather seem to reflect the physical design of the original somewhat, so I’m withholding judgement until I get the chance to try it out in person. It for sure does not look as challenging to engage with as Beatcutter, for example, and people are managing great things with that, despite an , er, ‘idiosyncratic’ gui...

• @tahiche said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

Because it’s a terrible design, it’s sore on the eyes!. It’s like building a million € house and not bothering to give it a coat of paint. Too many great and talented developers overlook the design aspect. You might think it’s just a “matter of taste”, but in cases like this it’s really not. There’s standards in design that respond to color and shape combinations and ratios. This app needs a design overhaul, badly.

Different strokes, considering the complexity of what this synth can do I think the layout is pretty decent. Definitely better ui than the original hardware synth by look of it

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@tahiche said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

Different strokes, considering the complexity of what this synth can do I think the layout is pretty decent. Definitely better ui than the original hardware synth by look of it

I concur!

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Here’s a little teaser. App is definitely worth your support in my opinion, very unique synth

Sounds interesting ,,, Thanks for the pre-(hear)-view

Does it come with a lot of presets? Maybe even some created by you?

Is it very CPU-hungry?

• It doesn’t say if it is AUv3?

• I don't hear anything new that I can't do on Audulus.

I'll wait

• @PhilW said:
    It doesn’t say if it is AUv3?

It's got AUv3 and IAA support
    https://modo.sc/id700/

• “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in”

@tahiche said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

Are you referring to design as it looked in the screenshots posted at the beginning of this thread? As it seems it has had an interface re-design since then, as per its app-store photos:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id700/id1482698043

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

I bet you say the same about a heap of food on a chipped side plate, right?

• @Eschatone said:
    “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in”

@tahiche said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

Are you referring to design as it looked in the screenshots posted at the beginning of this thread? As it seems it has had an interface re-design since then, as per its app-store photos:

Yah I dig the Absynth feel of the look.

• @AudioGus said:

@Eschatone said:

@tahiche said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

Ditto!

• @AudioGus said:

@Eschatone said:

@tahiche said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

Funny you mention Absynth, because I was just thinking this reminds me of Plasmonic by Absynth dev, I like the look of it, though definitely happy I'll be using on a big ipad, contrast doesn't look great, text too small

• This seems to be another „you need to be some sort of rocket scientist to get this“ plugin!?
    Dont feel the hype... yet ;)

• Plus this will maybe be the first mpe iOS synth! I hope it is a decent mpe implementation.

• @AudioGus said:

Nice! i hope it plays well with NS2. I really enjoyed Mood, which to me sort of fills this aesthetic somewhat, but it unfortunately has track bouncing issues. Yes, this could be really nice.

FWIW, this is not like Mood at all. Th> @tahiche said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

It isn’t a terrible design. It might not be to your liking. The dev did a lot of work over time refining it. It’s quite usable.

I think the “go hire a designer” folks have literally no idea how much a good designer costs or how little apps like this generate in revenue. When you assume that developers are ignoring design by going it alone, you are likely making baseless assumptions...about the practicality of hiring a designer.

• edited April 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

Nice! i hope it plays well with NS2. I really enjoyed Mood, which to me sort of fills this aesthetic somewhat, but it unfortunately has track bouncing issues. Yes, this could be really nice.

FWIW, this is not like Mood at all.

Oh I am sure to synth heads (which I am not) it isn't. But to me it has that retro scifi thing which is the 'aesthetic' I was referring to. I am a superficial preset flipper and put this feeling in the same camp.

For me synths are always like sample packs with a bit more flexibility.

• I’m ok with the UI. Better than what I’ve seen of the original. It could use more contrast thought 😕

• I’ll wait on more demos. I’ve already got a bunch of synths nobody wants to hear already.

• edited April 2021

@Eschatone said:

@tahiche said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:

I was referring to the screenshots at the beginning of this thread. Sorry if I caused some confusion. What I see on the AppStore link you posted is perfectly fine and actually rather good. (Also for @espiegel123 ). It’s night and day.

Compare:

Is design and UI subjective?. Sure. But there’s standards, color palettes, rules and professional designers for a reason.