Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ID700 IS HERE

edited April 2021 in General App Discussion

ID700 is on sale for $7.99 through May 9.

ID700 is a software synthesizer based on the voice architecture of the Buchla
700. Like many of Don's other designs, sound generation is achieved primarily
via FM synthesis and waveshaping. Each voice is made up of sixteen individual modules:

• four Oscillators
  • six Indexes
  • two Waves
  • one Morph
  • one Filter
  • one Amplifier
  • one Location

The Oscillators, Indexes, and Waves are configured in one of twelve
preset Algorithms, all of which feed into the fixed signal paths of the Morph, Filter, Amplifier, and Location modules.

Each of the Oscillator, Index, Morph, Filter, Amplifier, and Location modules
have their own dedicated complex Envelope for modulation.

The Wave modules provide wavetable synthesis using Chebyshev polynomials and
include additional waveshaping functionality.

Arbitrary tunings are supported via the Scala Tuning File format.

MIDI and MPE are supported (note: not all hosts support MPE).

by Jonathan Schatz @modosc designs
instagram modoscdesigns

Comments

• Can't wait to try this!

• Yeah - looks very very interesting. Love Don Buchla's hardware but don't know much about the original of this...

• So not here yet - preorder only! Title is a bit misleading, still a few days to go

• edited April 2021

Haha 👍 gif represents my frustration pretty accurately 😉

• sorry - just thought it deserved a new thread 🙈

• @cazel said:

sorry - just thought it deserved a new thread 🙈

No worries, @cazel. You're right, it does deserve a new thread - Idk 🤷🏻

• It does deserve a new thread, but maybe with the title “is almost here” lol, or “is available for pre-order”. Change it back to “is here” when it is actually available in the store. 😛

• Anyone give it a run to see how it sounds?

• @echoopera said:
    Anyone give it a run to see how it sounds?

No, this is all hype 😂

• @echoopera said:

@echoopera

@RedSkyLullaby been on the beta by the sound of it.

• @echoopera said:

No one can give it a run cos it isn’t actually here yet, lol. Red Sky Lullaby was on beta and likes it

• Oh, and I’m hyping this harder than anyone on Facebook. 😀

Love releases like this.

• @echoopera said:

I'll see if I can find some time to record some of the presets. I think this synth sounds great -- and is unique -- it has insanely long multi-segment (as many segments as you want) envelopes with tons of modulation options. It rewards an investment in time. A patient sound designer will be richly rewarded. The Buchla 700 is a weird beast -- I have wondered to what degree Buchla looked at a DX7 and said "they could have made something much cooler with some imagination"

• I heard this synth goes H.A.M Shank!

• What does ‘through May 9’ mean?

Until 9th May?

• FPCFPC
    edited April 2021

@gregsmith said:
    What does ‘through May 9’ mean?

Until 9th May?

Intro price I guess. Until 9th May. An Americanism I think!

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@gregsmith said:
    What does ‘through May 9’ mean?

Until 9th May?

I don't think anyone can answer that definitively. To me it should mean "up until 12:00 midnight 9th May". But it could mean something else to the writer. And, with in international App Store, the end of May 9 in one region could be different from another if it's relative to the US or another App Store region.

If you wait until some time May 9th there's a chance you may miss that pricing. I think that's all that can be reliably concluded.

• Plenty of time to hear examples of presets etc and then decide.

• @king_picadillo said:
    I heard this synth goes H.A.M Shank!

It's the canna tuna, bro 😛

• You can tune a fork but you canna tuna fish.

• Any idea how many MB’s will be this app?

• @NeuM said:
    Any idea how many MB’s will be this app?

64.1 MB

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@NeuM said:
    Any idea how many MB’s will be this app?

64.1 MB

Thanks.

• edited April 2021

I love the visual representaion of the audio's path! How do I learn about why it is making the sound the way it is? I guess I'm asking about sound design? How do I use this excellent tool to help me learn sound design? I understand that every synth is different. I just want to utilise this.

Just messing a bit more. This thing is nuts! LOVE IT!!!!!!

• I listened to the review by the SoundTestRoom, bought it right afterwards. Such a wonderful synth. Do I need another synth? Absolutely not. Can I say no to this synth? Obviously not lol.

• @ashh said:
    I love the visual representaion of the audio's path! How do I learn about why it is making the sound the way it is? I guess I'm asking about sound design? How do I use this excellent tool to help me learn sound design? I understand that every synth is different. I just want to utilise this.

The manual is very well written and goes into quite a bit of detail regarding the sound shaping capabilities. FM isn’t very intuitive unfortunately.

• @ashh said:

I skipped through the SoundTestRoom walkthrough and loved the little dots!. Really handy for synth knoobs as myself.
    Given that I don’t need another synth. Do I need this one?. I love IVCS3, although I can’t tame it, it’s beyond my capabilities and patience. The ID700 sounds to me like it’s in the same category sound wise. Is it?. Sounds dirty and like dusty circuits, sort of unpredictable.
    This one does seem more manageable than IVCS3, I have a hard time getting ivcs3 to play anything in tune. Is it a valid comparison?.