Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM: how to mute an AUv3 delay / reverb FX plugin but preserve the tails?

I know it's possible to set PRE and POST per AUv3 plugin and with POST it's possible get a channel mute with delay / reverb trails, but how it's possible to mute / unmute a plugin and preserve its delay / reverb tail? (Means: without mute the whole channel)

Thanks guys!

Comments

• The only way I can think of is to run the plugin in a parallel channel; if you reduce the send from the original channel to 0, that effectively mutes the input to the plugin without interfering with the processing it's currently performing. If you're doing additional signal processing after the delay/reverb, though, things get substantially more complicated - I'm not sure how you'd achieve that effect in those circumstances.

• @psyndrome said:
    I know it's possible to set PRE and POST per AUv3 plugin and with POST it's possible get a channel mute with delay / reverb trails, but how it's possible to mute / unmute a plugin and preserve its delay / reverb tail? (Means: without mute the whole channel)

Thanks guys!

Mute the plugin sending audio to the delay/reverb.

• Many delay apps have this as a feature you can turn on or off.

• edited April 2021

@celtic_elk is right. Just put your delay in a separate audio channel and configure this channel to receive from mixbus A, then add a send to mixbus A into all the instrument’s FX chain post fader and midi learn the sends. I’m doing that for dub reggae jams.

• @boberto said:
    Many delay apps have this as a feature you can turn on or off.

They do? Which ones?

• @celtic_elk said:

@boberto said:
    Many delay apps have this as a feature you can turn on or off.

They do? Which ones?

I’d be interested in the answer to this question as well.