Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Calling Motu M series users

Hey guys super crazy question. My iPhone 7 Plus shit below 256 samples at 96k tracking guitars through overloud thu and audio evolution mobile

Tried my iPhone 11 and it’s fuckin smokkkkin. 96k 32samples no problem. My ryzen 5 3rd gen can’t even do that.

Any idea why this is?!

Are we able to test RTL on iOS? Anyone tried and have results?

Comments

• I suppose the obvious answer is that the iPhone 11 is way more powerful than the 7 in every respect. Is there a particular reason that you're tracking at 96k? That's much harder on the device than 44.1 or 48. IMO, for music, 44.1 @ 24 bit resolution is perfect. I believe that 48/96 is typically used for video.

BTW, I've been using a MOTU M4 since it was released. You made a great choice.

• the only reason is to check to see if i feel any difference in round trip latency when monitoring amp sims that’s all. i dropped down to 48 and 32 samples and it’s working just swell. i hear a difference or else i’m being tricked lolol

• i definitely do need to restart overloud after sample rate changes or else it does not sound right

• edited April 2021

You should use Roundtrip Latency Meter app from Onyx:

https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/round-trip-latency-meter/id1427507645

Differences can be huge between interfaces despite iOS class compliant support, here Scarlett Solo Gen 3 vs IRig Pro IO on 7 Plus (same results on iPad Air 3):

On Laptop with 48 kHz 32 buffers, Solo goes down to measured 5 ms RTL while iRig can’t go below 15 ms!!

On iOS, AUM results can’t be trusted, iRig was around 7 ms in AUM report but it’s 17 ms in Onyx app.

You certainly feel the difference, especially with fast and rythmic playing with a processed acoustic instrument like guitar or in my case sax.

Motu M series should give good results too. Reasons I choose Scarlett is for availability and Windows drivers stability.

• As an alternative to my previous post, you can measure RTL by recording output to input in AUM, and looking at attack offset in AudioShare editor. Here with a drum kick, 17 ms latency with iRig Pro IO at 44.1/64 buffers, same results as Onyx app: