Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Chomplr 😂😂😂import feature

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Chomplr 😂😂😂import feature

My thoughts exactly

• That’ll be Ch2

• It says go grab it, is it out? They just tweeted about it yesterday, but I caught a retweet by @elf_audio just now.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    It says go grab it, is it out? They just tweeted about it yesterday, but I caught a retweet by @elf_audio just now.

I asked him.... I think there was a confusion between fly tape and version 2. especially as the fly tape 1 app is right now available as download in version 3.0 👊🏼🙃

• Yea it’s not on App Store in USA anyways, thanks for clarification

• Anyone know if it’s a new app or an update?

• I feel like the company keeps promising stuff they're not delivering on.

I was waiting for the first version to implement fx latching, they didn't. I was waiting for Chomplr to implement import, they didn't. They even acted offended on their twitter when people complained about the feature not being included, not to mention the only included samples weren't royalty-free and the 2gb app size included all the IAPs.

I've supported them more than I should have and I've learned my lesson. I'll stick with KoalaFX

• I won’t be buying this...I feel completely lied to and manipulated into buying the last app...the only reason I bought chomplr was because of the import feauture they promised...learned my lesson of buying an app before the actual feature I want is implemented...

• @rickelal3 said:
    I won’t be buying this...I feel completely lied to and manipulated into buying the last app...the only reason I bought chomplr was because of the import feauture they promised...learned my lesson of buying an app before the actual feature I want is implemented...

Same here. Although I bought it, got a refund because I didn't feel it functioned as portrayed. Then after a convincing discussion about future changes I bought it again.

• Chomplr import samples............

• @rickelal3 said:
    I won’t be buying this...I feel completely lied to and manipulated into buying the last app...the only reason I bought chomplr was because of the import feauture they promised...learned my lesson of buying an app before the actual feature I want is implemented...

My thoughts exactly. Won't give them another dime. They SAID import was coming to Chomplr. Complete bogus lie!!!!

• edited April 2021

The appstore says the in app packs are royalty free. Can anyone else confirm this?

• Where does it state that the samples are not cleared?

• Looks like it will be a fun plugin. Can’t wait to give it a whirl.

• @echoopera said:
    Looks like it will be a fun plugin. Can’t wait to give it a whirl.

I concur! ...and they really do make some inspiring sample packs. 😍

• @CapnWillie said:

Sample import is definitely coming. Looking forward to Flytape 2.

Woohoo!

• @CapnWillie said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@echoopera said:

Indeed. The full packs they sell on their site along with the ones they make for Native Instruments are peerless. I don’t know a sound design/sample pack team remotely close to these guys. If anyone else does please let me know.🙏🏽

Yet to found...

• @CapnWillie said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@echoopera said:

Indeed. The full packs they sell on their site along with the ones they make for Native Instruments are peerless. I don’t know a sound design/sample pack team remotely close to these guys. If anyone else does please let me know.🙏🏽

Boom Bap Labs is pretty nice. They have a lot of non royalty free packs but the royalty free ones are really good. Not super loop oriented like MSXII but some really great one shots

• I like LoFlyDirt & FlyTape and will probably cop FLyTape2 but I was massively unimpressed by Chompler, I felt it was hyped as a sampling slicer but was a rompler that sliced instead.
    Have to admit that I was surprised by their social media responses to people who pointed this out too, acting as if the customer was in the wrong for expecting sampling as a feature.

• They will need to go a long way to beat Segments or Koala if they add sampling to Chompler.

• @CRAKROX said:
    They will need to go a long way to beat Segments or Koala if they add sampling to Chompler.

Agreed. Koala is so simple to use, stable, and includes a sequencer, I can’t seen anyone switching.

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@CRAKROX said:
    They will need to go a long way to beat Segments or Koala if they add sampling to Chompler.

Agreed. Koala is so simple to use, stable, and includes a sequencer, I can’t seen anyone switching.

I have purchased all the IAP of Chompler and they sound are great. Unfortunately the app is a little bit buggy, for example when sequencing the slices I got a lot of stuck notes. Reported to dev with a video but I got a reply like "we are god it's an user mistake do not publish video of the bugs on YT". Bad dev. For me is a no go.

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    I feel like the company keeps promising stuff they're not delivering on.

I was waiting for the first version to implement fx latching, they didn't. I was waiting for Chomplr to implement import, they didn't. They even acted offended on their twitter when people complained about the feature not being included, not to mention the only included samples weren't royalty-free and the 2gb app size included all the IAPs.

I've supported them more than I should have and I've learned my lesson. I'll stick with KoalaFX

Good summary. To me the real kicker is the ridiculous size of Chomplr vs. the number of samples you might actually use.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@KirbyMumbo said:
    I feel like the company keeps promising stuff they're not delivering on.

Good summary. To me the real kicker is the ridiculous size of Chomplr vs. the number of samples you might actually use.

I do wish Chomplr took less space.
    I feel like if the next update allows sample loading, the option to delete factory packs, and addresses the key bugs then Chomplr will get some respect back.

• edited April 2021

@Charlesalbert said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@CRAKROX said:

I have purchased all the IAP of Chompler and they sound are great. Unfortunately the app is a little bit buggy, for example when sequencing the slices I got a lot of stuck notes. Reported to dev with a video but I got a reply like "we are god it's an user mistake do not publish video of the bugs on YT". Bad dev. For me is a no go.

That’s a bummer, sorry to see that happen.
    Relationships are everything.
    I work in the customer experience field, so I understand this scenario all too well.
    Hopefully the developers read these threads so they can take the constructive feedback and improve all around, customer experience included. No one likes to feel ignored or dismissed... big no no. It’s hard to hear from customers that are disappointed in something you created, but that feedback is the difference between mediocre and great!

Great book about this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Hug-Your-Haters-Complaints-Customers/dp/1101980672

• edited April 2021

@Imhodef said:
    The appstore says the in app packs are royalty free. Can anyone else confirm this?

Which is why I asked where does it states they’re not royalty right after you post. The description states “All royalty Free within Chomplr” and on top of it a lot of their packs are from the blue label which states “ Welcome to the MSXII Blue Label. The MSXII Blue Label is a brand new segment of periodic releases that are completely royalty-free for use”. So I’m not sure where people heard or seen where it states they’re not. If anyone knows different please post your source.

• I’m almost confident the royalty free thing got started because someone didn’t understand the fine print where it’s basically saying “don’t reproduce these samples as your own pack to sell”

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    I’m almost confident the royalty free thing got started because someone didn’t understand the fine print where it’s basically saying “don’t reproduce these samples as your own pack to sell”

😂

• Regardless of the sample clearance status, Chomplr (and the company) have lost any goodwill with me. I also have Koala sampler/FX which I feel are easier to use and more full featured. I'm not saying their products are bad, but I've been burned waiting for features that were promised and did not come.

They're free to run their business as they like and I'm free to spend my money elsewhere.

(this was such a 'Karen' rant :D )