Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer - “Dolphin Disco Party” 🎉

edited April 2021 in Creations

Finally purchased AudioLayer! I spotted it on sale for half price sometime last week, and with all the praise I see it get around here, I figured I better go ahead and grab it.

First impressions: what.. the @#$&;

(Scrambles for YouTube tutorials)

Second impression: Ah! You have to tap on the screen dummy...

Now, I think I get it...

(Track #1) So I loaded two samples into AudioLayer, the first one is a synth piece that was recorded from my Deepmind 12 a few months back while working with @linearlineman on a collaboration project.

The second sample is also another synth part from the DM12, record more recently.

I threw Drambo’s new Analog filter on the track and modulated it with a graphic modulator.

I like how you can load samples in AudioLayer and assign them to their own “zones”. I’m still learning how to do all of this, but I think I’ve got the basic concept down.

So I built a little groove around it in DSA. The girlfriend (my first YT subscriber!) says it sounds like a “Dolphin Disco Party” 😄

(Track #2) Drum sounds provided by AudioKit’s amazing 909. Using pretty much ANY drum app in Drambo standalone opens the doors for so many polyrhythms by using the drum app’s sequencer in conjunction with Drambo’s.

(Track #3) Skaka a round of shakers for everyone!

(Track #4) Composed a complimentary synth part to go along with the main sample(s) theme. The amazing and powerful DRC with the Brass/Jabbah (Scorpius) preset. I may have turned a couple knobs here...

I originally intended for this track to be sequenced by Atom2, but after I played the part, I realized that RECORD was off on the Atom 2 instance, but the P-lock was ON on the Drambo track, so Drambo’s sequencer picked it up and populated the grid, so I decided to leave it.

This track also has the new analog filter! Modulated graphically of course...

(Track #5) Bassline! Believe it or not, I simply used Drambo’s good ole native “Jon Bass” module. I wanted a thick, stabby sounding synth bass and I think this fit the bill perfectly!

(Track #6) What piece would be complete without a nice (and very simple!) SWAM Flugelhorn part on top?

Comments

• Good luck with that there AudioLayering and the bass does sound good.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good luck with that there AudioLayering and the bass does sound good.

Thanks Mike! I’m sure you recognize that DM12 sample at the beginning of the video, no?

The weird thing is, that sample, was the entire song lol.. I just tapped on it in AudioLayer and it loaded it right up in a split second. I’m only using a short stab of the very beginning of it. I guess if I needed to, I could have trimmed up a slice before hand, to cut down on the weight.

• Now that you mention it, I do. 😘

• @LinearLineman said:

Now that you mention it, I do. 😘

I think we’ve got a lot of mileage out of that one.

• edited April 2021

@Philandering_Bastard ❤️❤️❤️

Make that Eighty Eight subscribers! 😌

Crap! Now I’ve got to start posting some real content!

• I used to know how to link to a specific time in a YT video, but seems I’ve forgotten how!

Anyway, the impatient may want to skip ahead to around 1:25ish when the piece finally starts coming together. This is of course, an experimental piece.

One of these days I want to either create a new YT channel, or rename the one I have. I’m leaning more towards the later, as I don’t want to lose any subs that I already have. If I go the renaming route, I want to clean up my channel, maybe create different playlists with experimental, others for finished tracks, guitar stuff, etc etc.

• @Intrepolicious said:

I saw Dolphin Disco Party back in 1986 at the Roundhouse. Blew my mind. Might have been the LSD tho 😆

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Intrepolicious said:

I saw Dolphin Disco Party back in 1986 at the Roundhouse. Blew my mind. Might have been the LSD tho 😆

Oh, guess I should’ve known it was a real thing.

Yeah, 1986, LSD, sounds about right...

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Intrepolicious said:

I was in fact joking. Was going for a hipster „I liked DDP before it was cool“ angle.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Intrepolicious said:

I was in fact joking. Was going for a hipster „I liked DDP before it was cool“ angle.

lol gotcha! I had a feeling, as my Google search results were showing me a whole different kind of disco party from ‘86

• Lemme try this

• Still plays from the beginning. I was trying to link to a specific time in the video but can’t figure it out.

At 1:26 you can hear me engage the bass track a second early to produce a leading feedback note right before the sequencer picks up the Bassline on the next bar. I thought that turned out amazing if I do say so myself.

• Make that 87 subscribers!

Wow...

Maybe I need to take a break from all this....

• edited April 2021

@Intrepolicious said:
    Make that 87 subscribers!

Wow...

Maybe I need to take a break from all this....

Yeah right... 🤣

So I did the next step in iOS production of ripping the audio from the screen recording, converting it to an mp3 file, normalizing it, and uploaded to SoundCloud as an audio track.

I also trimmed off all of the “messing around” I was doing at the beginning of the video.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/RhtJUvKEozpxEjqr9

• Renamed to “Night Clubs in Atlantis” 🤷🏻