Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yamaha MD-BT01 + iPad + Deluge

Hey all,

Just wondered if anyone could help detail a little how to to get the connection between my Deluge and iPad Pro working using the MD-BT01 wireless bluetooth and AUM or other instruments?

Here's my setup:

• Yamaha MD-BT01 midi plugged into deluge's in and out and powered
  • midimittr APP setup and source set to deluge (bt midi adapter) and the destination set to AUM (or instrument)
  • Midi flow APP set up with top pointing to deluge bottom box set up to AUM (or instrument)

Within AUM, a midi signal is shown but w no sound or results whilst the deluge is playing a simple sequence.

I’ve tried various configurations with no luck - would love some insight into what I’m doing wrong 😑

Comments

• What about just connecting BT adapter directly to AUM without other apps in middle? Also, is the synth in AUM receiving on the right midi channel from Deluge?

• Same question. Have you tried just enabling Bluetooth midi in AUM? Info in the manual here: https://kymatica.com/aum/help#toc111

• @auxmux said:
    What about just connecting BT adapter directly to AUM without other apps in middle? Also, is the synth in AUM receiving on the right midi channel from Deluge?

Yep - tried that, doesn't work...

@syrupcore said:
    Same question. Have you tried just enabling Bluetooth midi in AUM? Info in the manual here: https://kymatica.com/aum/help#toc111

Sure did, and no go.

• Think several people have had success connecting the MD-BT01 to the ipad (just search here for that phrase). Makes me think there's something going on with the MIDI setup of the deluge. I don't own a Deluge so can't offer any advice. Do you have another device like a simple MIDI controller with DIN MIDI ports you could connect the MD-BT01 to test that part of the chain (MD-BT01 <--> iPad)?

Or, to test the Deluge (setup) --> Ipad part of the chain, do you have another MIDI interface you can use that's hardwired? Connecting the deluge to the ipad without the MD-BT01. Just trying to think of ways to isolate where the problem is.

• I’d use a midi monitor on the iPad to troubleshoot. If note on and offs are showing up then the problem is routing on the iPad. For what it’s worth, I use the WIDI master with my D and iPad and everything works as expected.

• @Thelast27 said:

@auxmux said:
    What about just connecting BT adapter directly to AUM without other apps in middle? Also, is the synth in AUM receiving on the right midi channel from Deluge?

Yep - tried that, doesn't work...

@syrupcore said:
    Same question. Have you tried just enabling Bluetooth midi in AUM? Info in the manual here: https://kymatica.com/aum/help#toc111

Sure did, and no go.

I have Yamaha's MD-BT01 and it works with AUM without any extra apps. All that is needed is to connect your Bluetooth MIDI device in Bluetooth MIDI central in AUM. After that you get a new midi source in AUM that you can use to connect to your soft synths. Could you post some screenshots of your AUM MIDI connections?

• Is the BT01 getting any power?
    There are some synths and keyboards that can’t use it because they don’t supply any power on the MIDI interface. I don’t know if Deluge is one.
    I use it quite successfully with my current keyboard, but I tried a Novation Impulse controller and that wouldn’t power the BT01.

• @timbo said:
    Is the BT01 getting any power?
    There are some synths and keyboards that can’t use it because they don’t supply any power on the MIDI interface. I don’t know if Deluge is one.
    I use it quite successfully with my current keyboard, but I tried a Novation Impulse controller and that wouldn’t power the BT01.

Deluge supplies power.