Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2 years progress piano playing

I‘m not quite sure if this is a creation or off-topic. I‘ll post it here in the hopes it‘s the right place. A little more then two years I started playing the piano.

This starts of my interest in music in general, ending in me spending way to much money on iOS synthesizers :D.

I‘m not exactly a wonder child, so don‘t expect too much when you are interested in watching. I started off using an app called Simply Piano and started taking lessons form a teacher around the one year mark.

Comments

• Very good… Great job

• Based on where you are now, I would suggest looking for pieces that you like on the Internet and learning them on your own - you can add more to your repertoire quickly once you get really good at sight reading.

I’d also suggest working on improvisation. Start by learning some simple chord progressions and some scales and just sit and play - it’s a skill that doesn’t take long to pick up, but some pianists never do.

• That's great progress - well done.

• @michael_m said:
    Based on where you are now, I would suggest looking for pieces that you like on the Internet and learning them on your own - you can add more to your repertoire quickly once you get really good at sight reading.

I’d also suggest working on improvisation. Start by learning some simple chord progressions and some scales and just sit and play - it’s a skill that doesn’t take long to pick up, but some pianists never do.

Yea I already started doing that, thanks for the advice.

• You’re doing well. I suggest you look in on PianoWorld. Lots of relevant stuff both digital and acoustic. Very expert advice on practicing and what to play when. We’re all in a different place here.

• @LinearLineman said:
    You’re doing well. I suggest you look in on PianoWorld. Lots of relevant stuff both digital and acoustic. Very expert advice on practicing and what to play when. We’re all in a different place here.

Actually I'm already active there. Great forum, I learned a lot there. I will post the video there, too, just didn't have time for that yesterday.

• Your making very good progress - keep going! I took lessons when I was a kid for three years, and was pretty good, but I now wish I would have continued for longer to develop more technically. I've kept playing though. I'm glad I did - it sooths my soul to be able to play a tune or to try and learn a new one after the work day.

• @McM said:
    Your making very good progress - keep going! I took lessons when I was a kid for three years, and was pretty good, but I now wish I would have continued for longer to develop more technically. I've kept playing though. I'm glad I did - it sooths my soul to be able to play a tune or to try and learn a new one after the work day.

Yea can't tell you how much I regret that I didn't take lessons as a kid even though I could. Unfortunately sometimes you make bad decisions while you are young.

And it's the same for me. Sitting down in the evening playing piano and making music on the iPad, even if I'm just making wierd synth sounds is my way of relaxing.

• Very inspiring - I'm on my third time round with Skoove, going back to the very beginning each time in an effort to be methodical. I went for a year subscription for half price on Black Friday, half of that's gone now, but if I keep at it from here (3 weeks in, 30 minutes every day) then I should get my money's worth and reap the rewards.

My daughter's been flying on Simply Piano over the same time you have been playing. Oh for a porous brain... I can no longer convince her of my latent musical genius, not for sight-reading anyway. I am though still by far the best in our house at tweaking a filter knob and making a bass line throb.

• @matthewfox said:
    Definitely pace yourself! When anyone starts the piano, gaining confidence, accuracy and concentration is an uphill struggle until you get used to it. Think about taking a 20-30 minute practice each day and plan what you are going to do to make the most out of that lesson.

I would suggest playing more than once a day if you feel like it, and take an occasional day off too. Don’t ever let it feel like a chore.