Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multitrack daw audio import doesn’t work

Hello guys,

Tried to import some audio in multitrack daw, latest update and latest iOS, but nothing happened.

Could you check if it works for you?

No share sheet, and import button does not work, also not possible to open file app in sideview.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• For me the Browse button brings up a dialog to browse iTunes playlists. I have nothing in iTunes so I couldn’t test an actual import. There was a pop up message the first time I hit the browse button saying to “keep sharing iTunes Music with ...” to keep access. I selected to keep sharing. Later I went to Multitrack in the settings app and saw that Media and Apple Music was enabled. I assume that was what the dialog was about. You might want to check that setting.

When sharing from the files app to Multitrack, the audio ends up for me on the Song tab of the Audio pop up. I select the file, press Region Copy, then paste. Like you, there was no sound at first. Tapping outside the pasted clip finalized the paste operation. Then there was sound. I think that last tap is all you need to get sound from the imported clip.

I was able to bring up the files app in popover mode and even to drag files right into the timeline.

I’m on iOS 13.7, iPad Air 2.

• @wim said:
    For me the Browse button brings up a dialog to browse iTunes playlists. I have nothing in iTunes so I couldn’t test an actual import. There was a pop up message the first time I hit the browse button saying to “keep sharing iTunes Music with ...” to keep access. I selected to keep sharing. Later I went to Multitrack in the settings app and saw that Media and Apple Music was enabled. I assume that was what the dialog was about. You might want to check that setting.

When sharing from the files app to Multitrack, the audio ends up for me on the Song tab of the Audio pop up. I select the file, press Region Copy, then paste. Like you, there was no sound at first. Tapping outside the pasted clip finalized the paste operation. Then there was sound. I think that last tap is all you need to get sound from the imported clip.

I was able to bring up the files app in popover mode and even to drag files right into the timeline.

I’m on iOS 13.7, iPad Air 2.

Thanks so much @wim.

I managed to follow all except for the popover. I will try again tonight. Thanks again for the tips.

• How I get audio into Multitrack Daw, is first I made a folder in the MD files app folder ( I named the folder imported songs ) where I shared songs from my AudioShare folder, then I long pressed while inside MD but not on a track, just below the track, where it just shows the audio icon ....

Then pressing on that icon brings up this window

Then pressing on a song brings up the copy/import option

Which then copies it to the pasteboard

Then after that you press on the track you want to paste the audio

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Hello guys,

Tried to import some audio in multitrack daw, latest update and latest iOS, but nothing happened.

Could you check if it works for you?

No share sheet, and import button does not work, also not possible to open file app in sideview.

Thanks so much.

If drag and drop isn’t working from Files. Contact the dev and report the big.8 haven’t updated to the latest. It definitely is working in the previous version. I just tried it to confirm.

• Have previous version on my older ipad and drag and drop is working from file app. Broken in the last update. I will try to report the bug asap.

• I've been able to drag and drop from Files app into projects and into a folder in the projects page...latest update, latest iOS.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    I've been able to drag and drop from Files app into projects and into a folder in the projects page...latest update, latest iOS.

Yes I was referring dragging audio from file app directly in audio timeline of the daw.

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@Charlesalbert said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    I've been able to drag and drop from Files app into projects and into a folder in the projects page...latest update, latest iOS.

Yes I was referring dragging audio from file app directly in audio timeline of the daw.

This works fine for me on the latest version. I am on iOS 13.7 though. Could be an iOS 14 issue I suppose.
    Maybe try rebooting your device?

• @wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@Littlewoodg said:

This works fine for me on the latest version. I am on iOS 13.7 though. Could be an iOS 14 issue I suppose.
    Maybe try rebooting your device?

Yep dragging into projects (wasn’t clear, meaning timeline) is smooth and delicious...

What is weird is I keep having the latest update appearing in my AppStore updates...it’s appeared there for updating 3 times