Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI controller suggestions for I-phone

Can any of you kind souls help me out? I’m using an iPhone with NanoStudio and want to get a midi controller. However, as I’m using the lightning input to attach my headphones, I don’t have anywhere to attach a controller. Not cool. How can I get round this?
(I would use a USB to lightening controller and obviously need a plug and play controller.)
What do you guys use?

Thanks

Comments

• The options you have are...

1 Get a USB Hub that allows you to connect multiple devices at once.
    2 Get a Blue Tooth Midi Controller.

• You can attach one audio interface at a time to an iPhone but you can attach multiple USB standard compliant MIDI devices at once via a powered CCK and a powered USB hub. Depending upon the USB hub, USB audio interface, and USB MIDI devices you’re using— the USB audio interface and USB devices may or may not need their own power or may or may not be able to be run off a USB phone charger battery brick for a mobile wall plug free setup.

You might want to share more details about what you’re trying to accomplish with your setup. There are even small USB audio interfaces like these you could attach to a small powered USB hub and the CCK to get a headphone out and a mono line USB audio line input (e.g. an electric guitar).