Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your favorite delay app?

Comments

• TTAP by K- Devices.
    Ultra Tap delay by eventide.
    The delay in Animoog is awesome but not stand alone.

• @despego said:
    TTAP by K- Devices.

What about the Model-15 delay? It can be used in the AUv3 fx slot. Haven’t used Animoog in ages, but I imagine they’re similar.

• @aleyas said:

@despego said:
    TTAP by K- Devices.

What about the Model-15 delay? It can be used in the AUv3 fx slot. Haven’t used Animoog in ages, but I imagine they’re similar.

That’s true. It’s a long time since I’ve used model15 so I can’t tell how similar they are. Animoog’s very spacey but I will definitely try model 15 soon.

• edited April 2021
    • Audio Damage Dubstation - nice workflow, pretty for dub stuff, but dirty sounds (lack of high freqs --- limit of 8khz?)

• AU3FX:Dub - with un/mute button! Perfect for delay tails without the need of an extra send channel in AUM (I wonder why all other AUv3 delay and reverbs does not have this!)

• TfxEcho - imho the most cleanest sounding delay out there for iOS/iPad

The pro points of all three together in one app would be my dream delay plugin. I like the more modern and crispy / fresh sounds.

• I wish for an IOS version of this:

• I'm surprise TobeBooster does not have a delay app. Any plan?

Which delay is the more powerfull on iOS, Timeless 3 or MagicDelay?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I'm surprise TobeBooster does not have a delay app. Any plan?

Not as flexible as Timeless 3, but Reelbus does have a delay

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I'm surprise TobeBooster does not have a delay app. Any plan?

Which delay is the more powerfull on iOS, Timeless 3 or MagicDelay?

Timeless 3 and MagicDelay are apples and oranges, imo.

• I would definitely buy a TB dedicated delay

• @gkillmaster said:
    I wish for an IOS version of this:

Yes!! Oh, man!!

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    I would definitely buy a TB dedicated delay

I'd be cool with an in-app purchase for Reelbus for additional delay functions.

• How does other desert cities compare to apps like timeless 3 ( owned ) and magic delay etc?

• edited February 2023

What delay is good for vocals specifically?

• @NeuM said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    I would definitely buy a TB dedicated delay

I'd be cool with an in-app purchase for Reelbus for additional delay functions.

That would work too. I use it plenty for coloring the sound but tend to find myself reaching for another delay with some more control

• @sigma79 said:
    How does other desert cities compare to apps like timeless 3 ( owned ) and magic delay etc?

I don’t own Timeless or Magic, but I can say that ODC pretty much covers all eventualities for me these days. Before I had it, Kosmonaut was my go-to. That said, I also rate highly NeonSilicon’s delays, particularly for wilder delay adventure.

• @Fear2Stop said:

If you wanted to keep the vocals very clean sounding, it's hard to beat tfx echo.

• Magic Delay is very much it's own thing due to the mix of fully customizable spectral envelopes and some unique modulation sources. All 3 of these apps are great and all worth having, I'd say

@sigma79 said:
    How does other desert cities compare to apps like timeless 3 ( owned ) and magic delay etc?

• @Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

If you wanted to keep the vocals very clean sounding, it's hard to beat tfx echo.

Just got it on your recommendation! :)

• @Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Pretty sure you will like it!

• @Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

It sounds good on my admittedly limited voice 😂

Actually it didn’t take much fine tuning at all which usually isn’t the case with a lot of presets , and I
    didn’t hear any weird artifacts, so that’s a definite plus. I was originally gonna go with Bleass delay but this fit better for what I needed!

Was gonna ask how the Bleass compression is but I’ll ask in an appropriate thread lol

• @Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Actually it didn’t take much fine tuning at all which usually isn’t the case with a lot of presets , and I
    didn’t hear any weird artifacts, so that’s a definite plus. I was originally gonna go with Bleass delay but this fit better for what I needed!

Was gonna ask how the Bleass compression is but I’ll ask in an appropriate thread lol

This is a REALLY clean delay, perfect when that's what you need, dirt cheap and easy to dial in

• K7D and Other Desert Cities. I run them on my laptop in Ableton too.

• With ODC, can we modify each repeated notes with defferents setting?

Example: I put 6 tap for 6 repeated notes but note 1 will be pitch shifted by 1 oct up, note 2, pitch shifted by 1 oct down, note 3 will have a filter, etc?

• @Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

This is a REALLY clean delay, perfect when that's what you need, dirt cheap and easy to dial in

You were right on the money!

• @Gavinski said:

@Fear2Stop said:

The Boss DD-2 of delay apps

• I’d love it if TC Electronic brought their 2290 plugin to iOS https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0D3X

• A few years ago there was a simple free delay called DL01 and what I found it useful for was to create very realistic 3D depth for instrument layers by setting a right and left delay in tiny increments. I could have one instrument be close and then another be like it’s a bit further back in space, etc.
    Then suddenly poof it was gone when I updated iOS and it’s no longer available.
    I’ve tried recreating the same effect with other delays without the same ease and success but it must be possible.

• edited February 2023

@Stochastically said:
    A few years ago there was a simple free delay called DL01 and what I found it useful for was to create very realistic 3D depth for instrument layers by setting a right and left delay in tiny increments. I could have one instrument be close and then another be like it’s a bit further back in space, etc.
    Then suddenly poof it was gone when I updated iOS and it’s no longer available.
    I’ve tried recreating the same effect with other delays without the same ease and success but it must be possible.

I had the same delay app.
    I put together something similar in dRambo
    at the time it disappeared because of DL01's simplicity.
    It shouldn't be too difficult to recreate it again.

The only thing dRambo cannot do
    in this regards is the 1ms delay of DL01.
    I've just had a look.

• @Gavinski said:
    Magic Delay is very much it's own thing due to the mix of fully customizable spectral envelopes and some unique modulation sources. All 3 of these apps are great and all worth having, I'd say

@sigma79 said:

Cheerz Gavinski.

• @ghost_forests said:
    I’d love it if TC Electronic brought their 2290 plugin to iOS https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0D3X

Would be great indeed.