Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mynth by Fingerlab

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1527862717

Description:

Mynth is the new intuitive and powerful synthesizer by Fingerlab.
Draw the oscillators waveforms, adjust frequencies using filters, and control any parameters with the LFOs to create unique sounds, possibilities are endless!
If you prefer, just explore the 96 factory presets to discover Mynth's wide sound palette.
Of course, you can use your favorite keyboard with MIDI, load Mynth AudioUnit in your favorite DAW.
Finally, turn on the Arpeggiator, add some FXs, and your are ready to record a track using the build-in live recording module.

Mynth is an universal purchases, meaning once you bought it, you got it for iPhone, iPad and Mac.

In Mynth free version, you will get only 12 factory presets and some features are locked (see * in features list).
Get the « Full Version » IAP to get all the factory presets and all features unlocked.

Features:
• 8-voice polyphony
• 6 octaves
• 3 Oscillators (Sine / Triangle / Square / Sawtooth / Custom)
• ADSR Envelope editor
• 2 dynamic Filters (Moog Ladder / Korg Low-Pass / Resonant / String Resonator) with ADSR envelope editor
• 4 LFOs to control any parameters, with configurable waveform and Attack/Decay envelope editor
• UNDO*
• Create your own preset*
• 96 Factory presets*
• Build-in Arpeggiator*
• 3 FXs (TubeAmp, Delay, reverb)*
• Live recording + export*
• Full Midi support
• AudioBus & IAA support
• AudioUnit support* (IAP required for LFOs)

Don’t hesitate to send us your feedback and requests at [email protected]

We hope you’ll enjoy!

Stay tuned
FIngerlab team

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 12.2
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• That looks like a delight to program. Looking forward to checking out the free version. Hope it sounds as delightful as it looks. :) Appreciate that they've sorted out a way to sneak in some sort of 'free trial'.

Not sure I get the way envelopes work based on the description/screenshots but whatevs.

• Can see why they call it the Freaky Synth ... does some wild things - like dropping in low harmonics as you play up a scale ... should be fun ... lots of things happening. I reckon it'll be very good on the M1.

• Digging the Bass sounds. Nice little synth.

• Just gave it a quick play. Definitely some nice base sounds (meaning the OSC and Filters both have a pleasing-to-me sound). And the LFOs are quick and easy to set up. They can also easily be switched to one-shot mode to work like a basic AD ENV. Very nice.

The little envelope UI windows are fiddly for my fat fingers. In case others are wondering based on the screenshots, the envelope below the oscillators is the AMP envelope — not an OSC pitch envelope. Also, seems the Filter envelope controls both filters at once.

I haven't sprung for the IAP yet so I haven't been able to mess with the effects or the APR. On a few of the included presets, it was obvious that the overdrive effect was doing "very good things®" to the sound.

Loaded it in AUM and AB3 and it seemed like there were no AU controls other than preset switching. Wondering if those are unlocked via the IAP or if they're simply not exposed?

Also wondering if the LFOs can be pointed at effect parameters?

• This thing sounds nice!
    I didn’t spring for Its predecessor flynth but i did grab the iap on this.
    That initial preset is amazing and drew me in right away and with a couple modulation tweaks i was off into an ambient arpeggio in no time but for a long time.
    Being able to draw in and randomize the waveforms is very nice!
    4 LFOs, 3 voices and 2 filters , you can’t go wrong.

When i first saw it i just thought it was flynth 2 but it is really its own beast. I say it’s a must grab 😎

• I’m still mad at them for the bugged Playeset that could be a great app, and generally to release things and not fix the bugs but this sounds awesome. Happy purchase Here.

• edited April 2021

@syrupcore said:
    Just gave it a quick play. Definitely some nice base sounds (meaning the OSC and Filters both have a pleasing-to-me sound). And the LFOs are quick and easy to set up. They can also easily be switched to one-shot mode to work like a basic AD ENV. Very nice.

The little envelope UI windows are fiddly for my fat fingers. In case others are wondering based on the screenshots, the envelope below the oscillators is the AMP envelope — not an OSC pitch envelope. Also, seems the Filter envelope controls both filters at once.

I haven't sprung for the IAP yet so I haven't been able to mess with the effects or the APR. On a few of the included presets, it was obvious that the overdrive effect was doing "very good things®" to the sound.

Loaded it in AUM and AB3 and it seemed like there were no AU controls other than preset switching. Wondering if those are unlocked via the IAP or if they're simply not exposed?

Not finding a way to point LFOs to the FX unfortunately

Also just presets exposed in aum :(

• Only tried the free version so far, I dig it!

• Does this also work as an AudioUnit in Logic Pro?
    I ask this as Flynth it’s little brother is AUv3 on the iPad but no go in LogicPro (ie. only stand-alone on the Mac).

• @reasOne said:

@syrupcore said:
    Just gave it a quick play. Definitely some nice base sounds (meaning the OSC and Filters both have a pleasing-to-me sound). And the LFOs are quick and easy to set up. They can also easily be switched to one-shot mode to work like a basic AD ENV. Very nice.

Also flynth was like this. Remember someone asking the dev to expose them.

If I recall correctly the dev has an account on the forum.

• I hear any change with the Arp activated. I'm using the built-in keyboard and hold multi-note clusters but I don't hear any patterns. It seems to have an internal clock and maybe I'm not starting some transport function.

I tried it in AUM with AUM's "start" active but no Arp's seem to be happening.

Can anyone slip me a clue?

Definitely makes sounds worth the $5 unlock and the GUI is very creatively designed with a
    small interface that's useful in an AUv3 window. I could only use 3 instances in AUM but the
    sounds are rich on a level with a Moog synth. Good basses, leads and pads.

• @reasOne said:

@syrupcore said:

Thank you muchly for the new info. Alas.... damn and damn. Was really hoping someone would say otherwise! :/

Might still go for it but that’s a bummer indeed.

• If they still haven't exposed flynth parameters I guess there is no chance these will get exposed either, that's a shame

• @McD said:
    I hear any change with the Arp activated. I'm using the built-in keyboard and hold multi-note clusters but I don't hear any patterns. It seems to have an internal clock and maybe I'm not starting some transport function.

I tried it in AUM with AUM's "start" active but no Arp's seem to be happening.

Can anyone slip me a clue?

Definitely makes sounds worth the $5 unlock and the GUI is very creatively designed with a
    small interface that's useful in an AUv3 window. I could only use 3 instances in AUM but the
    sounds are rich on a level with a Moog synth. Good basses, leads and pads.

Agreed the ARP doesn’t seem to be working as expected. Seems a bit hit and miss got it working on 1 bass sound but it’s subtle to say the least.

• Anyone was able to get a reply from @Fingerlab ?

I wrote them about other apps bug but never received a reply.

• I’ve just received a code for this app. I think I’ll do my stream about it this evening.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    I’ve just received a code for this app. I think I’ll do my stream about it this evening.

Looking forward to it! :)
    Fingerpainting oscillators can be kinda fun...

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Agreed the ARP doesn’t seem to be working as expected. Seems a bit hit and miss got it working on 1 bass sound but it’s subtle to say the least.

Thanks... I can get arps from other places so it's a small issue and one I'd expect to be addressed. The sounds of this one hit the target for me... very Moogy with easy to access
    filtering, ADSR, LFO's and such. Definitely worth the $5 unlock.

I had to make something with a couple of them and a DrumComputer driven by 2 ZMachines.

• The kids are off school and the Mrs is working and Im teaching guitar before the stream so little time for prep - I’m literally gonna dive in Pissypants about with it - I may need some help Samuel. 😂

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    The kids are off school and the Mrs is working and Im teaching guitar before the stream so little time for prep - I’m literally gonna dive in Pissypants about with it - I may need some help Samuel. 😂

Don't have the app (not sure I need it either) having too much fun with Drambo and it's new 'Analog' filters :)

The developer made a bonkers video messing with custom delay...

• Arp not working? Weird... Flynth was also buggy on release and I ended up not doing a video on it at the time for that reason, despite liking it. Was hoping this release would be different. Cos it is a graat sounding synth. Maybe they aren't getting enough people on beta?

• Can’t figure out how to move keyboard left and right to play higher and lower notes.... hmmm. Anyone?

• Mynth? As in mynthmeat?

• Well after a bit of a play with the full version the app seems half baked and quite buggy.

I lost midi connection using Tonality into AU3 and changing presets with Atom 2 running crashed the AU3.

The AU doesn’t show keyboard or presets so have to use the host to display good luck @Jamie_Mallender with u pissy pants video think u going to need it! Should be a interesting live session living on the edge.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Well after a bit of a play with the full version the app seems half baked and quite buggy.

I lost midi connection using Tonality into AU3 and changing presets with Atom 2 running crashed the AU3.

The AU doesn’t show keyboard or presets so have to use the host to display good luck @Jamie_Mallender with u pissy pants video think u going to need it! Should be a interesting live session living on the edge.

Dear lord, OK, I've been waiting for a response to my code request, maybe not a bad thing I didn't get a reply yet. But damn, this thing sounds good. Clearly hasn't had a proper beta, what a pity!

• @ashh said:
    Mynth? As in mynthmeat?

😂😂😂😂😂

• I absolutely love this synth so far. It sounds so good and it’s really easy to use. Just been messing around with the free version but so far I love it. The randomization for the oscillators is a little disappointing though. I wish there was a wider range of oscillators it could randomize between beyond just a bunch of random saw waves close together that all sound very similar to each other. But other than that I really like it! I feel like the “draw your own oscillator” is usually a hit or miss (mostly a miss from the few ive tried) but this one sounds really really good

• I didn't even know this synth was in the works to be honest...
    ...and 'public betas' seem to be a lot more solid on release but spoil hype that surprise releases can create.
    (If I'm not mistaken this is another app based on AudioKit which could partially explain the shakiness).

Even though its predecessor 'Flynth' was an AUv3 on iOS/iPadOS it never took the leap to be an AUv3 on macOS as well.
    Same seems to apply to Mynth if I'm not mistaken...

I'm hoping @Jamie_Mallender doesn't loose his cool during the live-stream...
    ...if it starts going bonkers and constantly crash :)

• edited April 2021

Instant crashing inside Cubasis 3 aswell.

Shame

• On the arp topic, it seems to only with in a host not stand alone.
    Also it isn’t syncing to the host bpm. It’s always a couple bpm off.
    Example, aum set up 97 bpm, arp of at 104 bpm