Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are there any apps that deal with micro rhythmic?

I am really interested in micro tuning and have a bunch of apps that deal with it.

In a podcast I learned about something like micro rhythmic, e.g. asymmetric progressing of beats and accents.

I wondered are there any apps that are specialized in something like this in terms of "rhythmic scales"?

Comments

• Do you have a link to that podcast? I don't think I quite understand the concept you're referring to, but I'd like to learn more.

• I think Skaka was designed to tackle this the best from percussion POV.
    Other sequencers to ‘skip grid’ - miRack, Drambo, some of the Buds from Cem Olcay could be useful as well...

• This Mozaic script was indended to cover a little bit in this space: https://patchstorage.com/pulser/
    Inspiration came from an earlier 'SuperConductor' program on the PC.

• Pagefall's very clever little polyrhythmic arp Ioniarics is well worth a look... buckets of fun.

I also have some fun playing with a gadget called Concentric - essentially a little Euclidian rhythm sequencer which is actually very useful in daily life.

• Not sure what micro-rhythms are but “asymmetric progressing of beats and accents.” is otherwise know as “polymeters”.

Rosetta Rhythm was purpose built for polymetric good times. Very easy to use.

• Also not sure what exactly you are talking about but Rozeta Particles, especially using shorter times like 1/64 etc is likely to be what you are looking for

• There are a few Mozaic scripts that deal with very unusual shuffle feels withkts of flexibility. Names escapee right now but you would find some things on Mozaic patchstorage for sure

• I worked on a polyrhythm sequencer for Drambo that can vary its speed/phasing by voice. Might get you in this territory as well.
    https://patchstorage.com/kepler-polyrhythm-sequencer/

• Also, the latency control in Atom 2 would allow for all kinds of control over these things. You could send different chunks of midi you want to use to trigger your sounds through different instances of Atom and adjust the latency in each atom instance to bring some lush and pull to each. This would allow very micro control of when beats play

• sorry was away from keyboard.

in the podcast they talked about how rhythm timing varies in different cultures. for example the western timing for beats in a 2/4 measure would be 50/50. but there are other timings supposed to be like 52/48.

i was just curious what other timings there are and how they sound and feel like.

so what imam after is not polyrhythm stuff. rather the things I tried to describe above. will check out you app hints though.

• edited April 2021

@nuno_agogo said:
    sorry was away from keyboard.

in the podcast they talked about how rhythm timing varies in different cultures. for example the western timing for beats in a 2/4 measure would be 50/50. but there are other timings supposed to be like 52/48.

i was just curious what other timings there are and how they sound and feel like.

so what imam after is not polyrhythm stuff. rather the things I tried to describe above. will check out you app hints though.

Ah, OK. So you’re talking about something like shuffle, but applied across an entire bar instead of inside a single beat. That’s very interesting, and honestly I’m not sure exactly how you’d set something like this up, at least with the apps I use regularly. The closest thing I can think of would be DrumComputer, but you’d have to adjust the individual hits to place them correctly within the overall rhythmic structure, instead of just saying "take this measure of 4/4 and make the two halves asymmetrical by x%" and having the app work it all out in the background.

• edited April 2021

Double post - my bad.

• Yes I would love something like this to exist, a way to process more involved kinds of swing with probability etc. Maybe Patterning triggering a gate-triggered sequencer like Mididreams could work for now. Or a fully wet slap delay that's somehow sequenced/sidechained