Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

using samples. this is a new topic opposed to apps so i hope i do not get i trouble for a new post

What is the very best ways to use your sample and drum loops and to get them inaide of your recording software such as aria/cubasis? be gentle here as 'm very new t this and i'm just trying to get a grip of this process. I thought drop box was the soilution but if you go to www.dropbox.com

you will find that it does not connect like it once did. I used that way a long time ago with aria as I used ios briefly a long time ago so i'm trying to figure a different way so is audio copy the way to do things now I'm trying to get a grip on all of this from scratch all over again. Not all apps wok the same. Aria was friendly with dropbox but in the past not all apps are that friendly or even have the dropbox option. so #1 is audioshare the way to get your loops into your recording apps? and #2 what process do you use? so audio copy the only solution now? it seems with the limited use of drop box now how do you guys do it? drop box is still around for limited use is what i'm finding bu their website is not there....

so please son't get frustrated with me and if you would help me get started with all this ...seems a few people just get irritated because i make a new post even though its a completly different question that have, just seems this community prefer a different way of doing things opposed to how communities are in other forums.
I do understand lot of you guys are veterans here but please try to be little more understanding instead of trying to push new guys in the direction that they feel unwanted...i'm only trying to get going with music on IOS and that takes a bit of understand for people to get a grip on the process

Comments

• The free app Documents by Readdle works fine to download files, zip/unzip and can connect to network shares. Then I use Auditor to preview files as it can roll over another app and drag and drop - EG Pulse and DrumStix can receive dropped files.

• If you’re using AUM, I think AudioShare is essential.

Most of the other multitrackers, samplers, DAWs etc. work just fine with “Files” and can also copy to other apps.

• You don't say what version of iOS or iPadOS you're running, but assuming you have the Files app, that's what I would go with since it works with various cloud apps/services. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206481

• I've been saving samples/recordings to the iCloud drive on my ipad. Then I connected my desktop to the iCloud drive. Now I can transfer files without using dropbox.

• The only thing I've gotten frustrated about is your repeated rejection of help about Dropbox and how it seems like you ignore posts trying to help you with it and also to help you understand the files app, iOS's main way of managing files.

I'll say it one more time. Dropbox is NOT dead. The web site WORKS. There is either something you're not describing well, or you've made some kind of error. If you want to try to sort that out then I'll play, if you respond to posts. Otherwise I'll just leave Dropbox for you to figure out if you want.

Dropbox aside, you really should get familiar with the Apple Files app as your first step. I posted a link for you in another thread when you asked what the files app is. Did you get familiar with it yet? If not, then I suggest digging up that post (I'm not going to do it for you), and get to understand the files app a little.

Once that's done it'll be easier to start with a single app and work through the process of getting samples into it using the files app. As you mention, each app is a bit different, but they all have some things in common when it comes to importing files.

Sorry to be so blunt about any frustrations. I'm perfectly happy to spend hours and hours helping anyone that listens, but when advice goes unheeded, I just don't spend the time. B)

--peace ✌🏼

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

P.S. I know you said to be gentle, and I understand that. Your questions are all perfectly valid things to want to know. I've felt bad when people have been harsh as you learn your way around how to ask questions, manage threads, etc.

It's just that I want to help you but will lose interest in doing so if I feel like it will fall on deaf ears. I don't want that to happen, so I'm being honest here. Consider this constructive input, not bitching. :D

• You have the most comprehensive knowledge base in this forum. Spend some time using the search function as all of these things are addressed multiple times. I’m a newbie here and have found digging through all the old threads has answered 99% of any questions I may had. I also enjoy reading those old threads.

You also have folks like @wim who are a gigantic resource and more than willing to participate in helping people figure things out. You just have to be willing to help yourself out too.

• @FrontierBadger said:
    I've been saving samples/recordings to the iCloud drive on my ipad. Then I connected my desktop to the iCloud drive. Now I can transfer files without using dropbox.

I’ve landed on the same workflow. ICloud Drive for pretty much all samples and mixes. You can get to that from cubasis by going through the Files app.

• @telecharge said:
    You don't say what version of iOS or iPadOS you're running, but assuming you have the Files app, that's what I would go with since it works with various cloud apps/services. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206481

i'm running an iphone for now but currently shopping for a refurbished ipad

• @wim said:
    The only thing I've gotten frustrated about is your repeated rejection of help about Dropbox and how it seems like you ignore posts trying to help you with it and also to help you understand the files app, iOS's main way of managing files.

I'll say it one more time. Dropbox is NOT dead. The web site WORKS. There is either something you're not describing well, or you've made some kind of error. If you want to try to sort that out then I'll play, if you respond to posts. Otherwise I'll just leave Dropbox for you to figure out if you want.

Dropbox aside, you really should get familiar with the Apple Files app as your first step. I posted a link for you in another thread when you asked what the files app is. Did you get familiar with it yet? If not, then I suggest digging up that post (I'm not going to do it for you), and get to understand the files app a little.

Once that's done it'll be easier to start with a single app and work through the process of getting samples into it using the files app. As you mention, each app is a bit different, but they all have some things in common when it comes to importing files.

Sorry to be so blunt about any frustrations. I'm perfectly happy to spend hours and hours helping anyone that listens, but when advice goes unheeded, I just don't spend the time. B)

--peace ✌🏼

when i go to google and type in dropbox , dropbox does come up as a search result so i click on it and then it redirects to this

• I need to start with moving from my iphone and towards the ipad but i can't seem to decide on an ipad mini or a fill sized ipad...tough choice. Trying to save where I can without regrets. Saving on the ipad means more money. I also want to get one of the behringer docks like the is202.it looks really cool and i have had nothing but good luck with behringer over the last 20 yrs

• edited April 2021

@jdolecek49 said:

@wim said:
    The only thing I've gotten frustrated about is your repeated rejection of help about Dropbox and how it seems like you ignore posts trying to help you with it and also to help you understand the files app, iOS's main way of managing files.

--peace ✌🏼

when i go to google and type in dropbox , dropbox does come up as a search result so i click on it and then it redirects to this

Something strange is happening on your machine if Dropbox.com is not showing up as the first result. I just searched for Dropbox and it is the top result.

You can also go straight to its web site. Dropbox.com

• Are the apps that I purchased for my iphone transferable to the ipad?

• @espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

@wim said:

--peace ✌🏼

Something strange is happening on your machine if Dropbox.com is not showing up as the first result. I just searched for Dropbox and it is the top result.

when u do, I get the page cannot connect and I have tried it using both microsoft edge and firefox

• edited April 2021

@jdolecek49 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

@wim said:

--peace ✌🏼

when u do, I get the page cannot connect and I have tried it using both microsoft edge and firefox

I use Dropbox frequently and visit its site frequently. When I click on the link from a Goggle search I get the page above.

• man i just dont get it

• @espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

@wim said:

--peace ✌🏼

it is the first result but when i click on it, it says it cannot connect, maybe something with my router because i have no issues using my phone

• @jdolecek49 said:

@telecharge said:
    You don't say what version of iOS or iPadOS you're running, but assuming you have the Files app, that's what I would go with since it works with various cloud apps/services. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206481

OK, but I was asking about your iOS version in case you had an older device that's not compatible with the Files app. As long as you're running iOS 11 or later, you're good. If you're not sure of your version, you can check in Settings > General > About

By the way, if you're interested in a Dropbox alternative, you should have 5 GB of iCloud storage included with your Apple account that you can use.

• edited April 2021

@jdolecek49 said:
    man i just dont get it

Yeah, that's definitely weird. Maybe clear your browser's cache? Or maybe try private browsing mode? Dropbox certainly works. I even tried manually entering URL in your screenshot (https://www.dropbox.com/business/landing-t61fl) and it worked for me.

Could also try downloading the dropbox app on your iphone and connecting directly to your Dropbox account there.

• @jdolecek49 said:
    Are the apps that I purchased for my iphone transferable to the ipad?

yes, generally. a very very small number of apps have separate ipad and iphone versions. Even then, you can almost always load the iphone version on your ipad.

• @jdolecek49 said:
    I need to start with moving from my iphone and towards the ipad but i can't seem to decide on an ipad mini or a fill sized ipad...tough choice. Trying to save where I can without regrets. Saving on the ipad means more money. I also want to get one of the behringer docks like the is202.it looks really cool and i have had nothing but good luck with behringer over the last 20 yrs

I'd pick the one you feel comfortable purchasing. Sounds like you have a lot of ideas for what to do with it so you'll likely get a ton of mileage out of it either way.

Docks are a tough one. Apple keeps changing the form factor (and main port type) on the ipads so most of the once-available docks are no longer made. And most makers have given up on the idea because they can't control when Apple suddenly makes their product useless. It's a bummer for many iOS music makers for sure. If you have more questions about docks, I'd search around here for 'dock' or 'is202' or 'alesis iodock'. Then... if you still have questions, start a separate thread about it. It'll get lost here.

• @syrupcore said:

@jdolecek49 said:
    Are the apps that I purchased for my iphone transferable to the ipad?

yes, generally. a very very small number of apps have separate ipad and iphone versions. Even then, you can almost always load the iphone version on your ipad.

@jdolecek70 - For future reference, there are some apps that are iPad only, and you can't run an iPad only app on an iPhone.

• @telecharge said:

@jdolecek49 said:

@telecharge said:

OK, but I was asking about your iOS version in case you had an older device that's not compatible with the Files app. As long as you're running iOS 11 or later, you're good. If you're not sure of your version, you can check in Settings > General > About

By the way, if you're interested in a Dropbox alternative, you should have 5 GB of iCloud storage included with your Apple account that you can use.

right now im on an iphone11 but trying to decide on which ipqd to get and then i will get either an ipad or an ipad mini

• do you guys use fullsized ipads or mini's and if you use a mini are you happy with the size?

• @jdolecek49 said:
    do you guys use fullsized ipads or mini's and if you use a mini are you happy with the size?

Search first, please. Jillions of threads/opinions. If you don't find what you need, start a new thread about that question. This thread is (meant to be) about sample storage and usage.

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@jdolecek49 said:
    man i just dont get it

Try this link: https://www.dropbox.com. Just click the link. Don't enter anything into google or type anything into the URL bar. If that link doesn't work then you most likely have some adware, virus, or trojan messing with your PC.

Also, try it from your phone, rather than your PC. If it doesn't work from both your PC and your Phone then there is something wrong with your internet configuration.

• @jdolecek70 maybe you live in a place that bans companies with Condoleeza Rice on their board?

:smile:

• @jdolecek49 said:
    do you guys use fullsized ipads or mini's and if you use a mini are you happy with the size?

You asked in another thread and I linked a thread with many posts about this. Maybe you can go back through your earlier threads and find that post.

There are threads. Just typing iPad mini in the forum search bar will reveal some of them.

• @wim said:

@jdolecek49 said:
    man i just dont get it

Try this link: https://www.dropbox.com. Just click the link. Don't enter anything into google or type anything into the URL bar. If that link doesn't work then you most likely have some adware, virus, or trojan messing with your PC.

Also, try it from your phone, rather than your PC. If it doesn't work from both your PC and your Phone then there is something wrong with your internet configuration.

Another thing about Dropbox. There is a Dropbox App for the iPhone. You can link that to your dropbox account. Once you do that you can access your Dropbox from the files app or from other apps like AudioShare that have Dropbox support.

• Audioshare Dropbox and the files app should cover almost everything, maybe Google drive too.