Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your favorite delay app?

Comments

• Been having a lot of fun with the Synthmaster One in the AU FX slot.. Takes a little more setting up than most plugins just to get sound out, but once you get used to it, the delay is quite powerful, with endless modulation possibilities. The drive and filters can also sound amazing on drum loops.

• Depends on for what. I have found that Audio Damage is amazing. I have found EvenTide is UNDERWHELMING. BLEASS is a beast. And then there are indy developers that have very unique app to be honest.

• My goto is dubstation 2 for the normal stuff and ultratap for the more crazy stuff (almost never use it though)

• My favorite delay sound, in general, is the dark sound of BBD delays, like the Moog delays for instance. In ios, Dubstation and the free Analog Delay get me closest to that sound. But I would love to hear of other options that go for the BBD sound.

• @hisdudeness said:
    Ambient then Ultratap

Else for fun .. then U2ish dub delay

Clip for your reference
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrcfm38hjg1xrfu/Gainstage clip 6 with dub delay.wav?dl=0

Who is the dev for Ambient? Don’t recognise that one and couldn’t find on App Store. Is it possible I’ve overlooked an Fx app?!

• @Gavinski said:
    Tfx Echo is a really really clean sounding bucket brigade delay. Dubstation sounds very dirty in comparison. When I want a simple no bells and whistles delay with pristine sound and quick to dial in, it is my first choice. Its so clean it almost sounds like a midi delay. If I want something dirty I like to use the delay in Reelbus. Nembrini Delay3000 has a distinctive sound and a lot of features. AU3FX Dub is great too. Too hard to choose between all those great delays!

I need reelbus, it sounds like it has so many use cases...

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Gavinski said:
    Tfx Echo is a really really clean sounding bucket brigade delay. Dubstation sounds very dirty in comparison. When I want a simple no bells and whistles delay with pristine sound and quick to dial in, it is my first choice. Its so clean it almost sounds like a midi delay. If I want something dirty I like to use the delay in Reelbus. Nembrini Delay3000 has a distinctive sound and a lot of features. AU3FX Dub is great too. Too hard to choose between all those great delays!

It’s “reel” good. ;)

• Au3fx:dub on sale still for a couple more hours
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/au3fx-dub/id1542042948

• @Obo said:

@hisdudeness said:
    Ambient then Ultratap

Clip for your reference
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrcfm38hjg1xrfu/Gainstage clip 6 with dub delay.wav?dl=0

Who is the dev for Ambient? Don’t recognise that one and couldn’t find on App Store. Is it possible I’ve overlooked an Fx app?!

Never heard of that, must be a typo. I'm curious now too!

• hello all
    i'm newbie member
    have some experience for me
    Thank you

• I just realized this probably means is doing ambient music he uses UltraTap > @Gavinski said:

@Obo said:

@hisdudeness said:
    Ambient then Ultratap

Clip for your reference

Never heard of that, must be a typo. I'm curious now too!

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Gavinski said:

Reelbus is a must !

• After re-reading through this thread last night, I revisited AU3FXDub. I must have forgotten what an excellent effect plugin that thing really is. The sounds I had coming out of a deep, cello bass line.... it’s a beautiful thing. His plugins must be some of the efficient and cleanest out there. One of a very small group where it feels like the plugin is just part of whatever your chosen workstation is for that particular project (for me it was Nanostudio 2 last night but I know it’s the same with any of them). Super clean! Now excited to revisit the others!

• I took the plunge on RE-1 Tape Machine and loving it. It’s clearly a very deep rabbit hole though...

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@reasOne said:
    Au3fx:dub on sale still for a couple more hours

Eh? It's always been the same price ($4.99 in the US) hasn't it?
    Do you have some info that the price is going up?
    I've been waiting for AU3FX Push and the bundle that was indicated would be coming. Maybe I should just pick this one up now if the price is going up.

[edit] nvm. I read in another thread it was on sale this weekend. I guess appsliced pricing doesn't update frequently enough to have caught that.

• Duplicat is great for some things. AUFX Dub for pretty much everything else.

• @wim said:

@reasOne said:
    Au3fx:dub on sale still for a couple more hours

Eh? It's always been the same price ($4.99 in the US) hasn't it?
    Do you have some info that the price is going up?
    I've been waiting for AU3FX Push and the bundle that was indicated would be coming. Maybe I should just pick this one up now if the price is going up.

[edit] nvm. I read in another thread it was on sale this weekend. I guess appsliced pricing doesn't update frequently enough to have caught that.

Ya it was 2.99 i just randomly looked to get it and was like cool easter sale! I think i caught the very end of it

• I’m using Auv3 dub & FD 1 and both have great for all types of tracks and good value for money.

• @TheSoundKid said:
    I’m using Auv3 dub & FD 1 and both have great for all types of tracks and good value for money.

My favourite is Nembrini Analogue Rack Delay, pretty good value for money too!

• Yukawa!
    Super creative and easily tweakable. Not a standard predictable delay, but more like an end putting-the-sound-on-a-new-level FX.

• Guess what, I decided to make a video comparing delays. The first installment, featuring maybe about 15 different delays, will drop probably tmrw ✌️

• With the motherload of all delay giveaways 😉

• Drambo :D

(Not my Video but bonkers enough to share).

• edited April 2021

^^ yes, Drambo is my go to Delay as well. The flexibility to sculpt the feedback tail (including adding AUv3 fx) is 2nd to none. (I know Klev’s Modley has this ability, but it’s options are much more limited)

If anyone wants to roll a tape-esque delay, copy these settings. Freq shift at -.24 is great for drums. If using a tonal sound source, Freq shift around -0.03 is better.

• @Gavinski said:
    Guess what, I decided to make a video comparing delays. The first installment, featuring maybe about 15 different delays, will drop probably tmrw ✌️

Will you chain all 15 at the end of the vid :D

• edited April 2021

As a few people have mentioned, Delay 3000 from Nembrini is my favourite iOS delay. The filter and ducking are both great features that are well implemented. I tend to avoid the saturation tab, or dial in very low values here.

I also use the Nembrini rack delay a lot, but usually not as a rhythmic delay, more as a haas effect for mixing drums.

I bought the AUv3FX Dub delay in the recent sale and can tell it will get a lot of use, I need to dedicate a short session to just learning it first.

I never bought Kosmonaut but it looks very interesting. Curious to try this one out. Woodulator also looks great.

• @wired2moon said:

@Gavinski said:
    Guess what, I decided to make a video comparing delays. The first installment, featuring maybe about 15 different delays, will drop probably tmrw ✌️

Now there's an idea!

• @drewinnit said:
    As a few people have mentioned, Delay 3000 from Nembrini is my favourite iOS delay. The filter and ducking are both great features that are well implemented. I tend to avoid the saturation tab, or dial in very low values here.

I also use the Nembrini rack delay a lot, but usually not as a rhythmic delay, more as a haas effect for mixing drums.

I bought the AUv3FX Dub delay in the recent sale and can tell it will get a lot of use, I need to dedicate a short session to just learning it first.

I never bought Kosmonaut but it looks very interesting. Curious to try this one out. Woodulator also looks great.

I've got you covered!

• @wired2moon said:

@Gavinski said:

+1