Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mapping Drum Computer to DigiStix etc?

Hi how can I map Drum Computer to trigger DigiStix for example? I have DC as a midi unit in AUM and wired Digstix to it but only hear the odd cymbal being played so think the midi assignment is not right. Thanks

Comments

• Have you checked the mapping assignments in DC’s Pattern/Mute/Mapping section? My guess (haven’t tested it) is that the MIDI note numbers corresponding to the 8 pads (the colored blocks numbered 1-8 in the mapping/zones section of the keyboard) are the notes that DC outputs for individual hits.

• Ah that seems to be like it might be useful. But doesn't look like I can create my own mapping. Need to figure out how DS is expecting them first I guess then see if I can change in DC

• If that's not how it works, then I have no idea how DC is determining its MIDI outputs - there's nothing in the manual specifically addressing that. Let us know what you find out!

• Dont know but thanks. You inspired me to sequence sb drum.

• Here’s DIgiStix Midi Mapping if that helps...

BD-Pad1 - 48
    SD-Pad 2 - 49
    HH Closed - 50
    HH Open - 51
    And so on.... Pad 1 to Pad 16 = Midi Notes 48-63

Top Row - 8 pads = 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
    Bottom Row - 8 Pads = 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

• mfxConvert is a useful app for re-mapping midi out notes. You can put it in-between Drum Computer and the app you want to control (Route from DC to mfxConvert, then from mfxConvert to the target app).

Then you need to find the needed notes for the target app. If not documented, the easiest way is to use the host's keyboard to poke around until you find the notes.

Finally, put mfxConvert into learn mode. Hit the first DC pad and the input note will be set. Change the output note to whatever you need it to be. Hit the next DC pad and the next note will be set ... repeat as needed. Save a preset. Now you can use this preset between DC and that app whenever you need it. Other apps will require repeating the process.

Bear in mind that Drum Computer has flexible mappings for its pads! There is no guarantee that one preset has the same note mappings as another. If you're using it for output to other apps then it's best to always start with the init preset or a special preset you've saved for this purpose.

• edited April 2021

You can move the mapping for every pad on keyboard and then save different mappings.

• @wim said:
    mfxConvert is a useful app for re-mapping midi out notes. You can put it in-between Drum Computer and the app you want to control (Route from DC to mfxConvert, then from mfxConvert to the target app).

Then you need to find the needed notes for the target app. If not documented, the easiest way is to use the host's keyboard to poke around until you find the notes.

Finally, put mfxConvert into learn mode. Hit the first DC pad and the input note will be set. Change the output note to whatever you need it to be. Hit the next DC pad and the next note will be set ... repeat as needed. Save a preset. Now you can use this preset between DC and that app whenever you need it. Other apps will require repeating the process.

Bear in mind that Drum Computer has flexible mappings for its pads! There is no guarantee that one preset has the same note mappings as another. If you're using it for output to other apps then it's best to always start with the init preset or a special preset you've saved for this purpose.

Also with drum computer most of the presets have a range of notes per pad and this can affect the pitch depending on how you map Digi or any other sequencer.