Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: iPad 2018 9.7 battery life issues?? (Mostly SOLVED)

edited April 2021 in Other

The last couple of days my iPad has been draining like crazy with no use. This morning it was fully charged, 3 hours later with 10 minutes of usage (no videos or anything) it is down to 76%. Any ideas? Anyone having something similar happen?

Comments

• Have you shut it down completely and restarted it? Sometimes I find that something will drain the battery and it can only be fixed with a restart.

• Could be something hardware related. My wife’s 2018 iPad died after only 13 months. I brought it to the Apple store and they said it’s a lemon and asked if I wanted to buy a new one.

• @mjcouche said:
    The last couple of days my iPad has been draining like crazy with no use. This morning it was fully charged, 3 hours later with 10 minutes of usage (no videos or anything) it is down to 76%. Any ideas? Anyone having something similar happen?

Have you looked under Settings–>Battery, to see if something was running in the background, using battery continuously? As already suggested, a power-off restart should clean that up.

• Thanks all. Hard reset, monitoring the settings for battery. After 9 hours away from charge and no usage save the 10-15 minutes this morning, I’m at 36%. Very strange. May have to take it in to the store

• @mjcouche said:
    Thanks all. Hard reset, monitoring the settings for battery. After 9 hours away from charge and no usage save the 10-15 minutes this morning, I’m at 36%. Very strange. May have to take it in to the store

Definitely strange. You should see some significant activity on the Battery graph, and some app using significant power. If you tap on one of the app list entries, the values change to runtime. At least, there should be one clocking significant time. If not, maybe you do have a problem.

• @uncledave said:

@mjcouche said:
    Thanks all. Hard reset, monitoring the settings for battery. After 9 hours away from charge and no usage save the 10-15 minutes this morning, I’m at 36%. Very strange. May have to take it in to the store

Definitely strange. You should see some significant activity on the Battery graph, and some app using significant power. If you tap on one of the app list entries, the values change to runtime. At least, there should be one clocking significant time. If not, maybe you do have a problem.

No significant activity which is very strange.but I did a true hard restart (home and power button) instead of just power on/ power off (didn’t know there was a difference), and it seems to have slowed. I’ll check tomorrow to see how it goes.

My suspected culprit is the app “The Orchestra” which demos certain pieces and allows you to “mute” to solo certain parts of the orchestra during the performance. This is an IAP that was not working so I wonder if the calls back and forth to the App Store were taking up enormous energy. I must have hit the buy button 100 times. Thanks for your responses.

• You could have had a ghost process stuck. I had that 3 times in the past. A random IAA would get stuck and drain the battery.

• Ipads are lame. Waiting for a turntable and an ec4. Ipad freezes like clockwork same as last year.

• @sigma79 said:
    Ipads are lame. Waiting for a turntable and an ec4. Ipad freezes like clockwork same as last year.

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion.

I’ve had around 10 iPads in the last 15 years and they’ve all been superb when it comes to battery life and beyond.

• @supadom said:

@sigma79 said:
    Ipads are lame. Waiting for a turntable and an ec4. Ipad freezes like clockwork same as last year.

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion.

I’ve had around 10 iPads in the last 15 years and they’ve all been superb when it comes to battery life and beyond.

Excellent value then. Will try finding issue. Hope op fixed theirs. I fixed a phone I bought by upgrading to latest os but cant be sure. Cant be sure if there were a problem to begin. Cant be sure if OS upgrade fixed problem. Cant be sure if draining battery fully, then charging fully ( with maybe a reset also ) Theres charging info on this.

• Phone is a totally different setup obviously. Not for music.