Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Going In To States : Drambo Ambient Track

edited April 2021 in Creations

Had a nice revisit with some Random+Chance+Scale racks good ol @bcrichards helped me to build last year in Drambo. Decided to use them on some light Piano and strings with broken drums in this one.

As always, thanks for watching and your support 🙏🏼💕

Comments

• Let me know if there’s any interest in the rack and I’ll put it up on PatchStorage.

• awesome track, @echoopera
    good way to start relaxing and enjoy the end of my sunday

• @echoopera said:
    Let me know if there’s any interest in the rack and I’ll put it up on PatchStorage.

@echoopera yes please!!

• @senhorlampada said:
    awesome track, @echoopera
    good way to start relaxing and enjoy the end of my sunday

A great many thanks. Glad i could help you to ease in to relaxation 🙏🏼💕

• Well, you’ve taken the drone literally to new heights. Very soothing stuff.

• @echoopera said:
    Let me know if there’s any interest in the rack and I’ll put it up on PatchStorage.

@onerez said:

@echoopera said:

@echoopera yes please!!

I definitely wouldn’t mind checking out what you’ve built here. Amazing sounding stuff!

• Oh, and I LOVE how you have the “Sea of Drambo” video effect... absolutely brilliant!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well, you’ve taken the drone literally to new heights. Very soothing stuff.

🤪 i see what you did there😉

Glad you enjoyed it.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@echoopera said:

@onerez said:

@echoopera said:

@echoopera yes please!!

I definitely wouldn’t mind checking out what you’ve built here. Amazing sounding stuff!

I’ll post the project in a bit. Thanks for watching and listening.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Oh, and I LOVE how you have the “Sea of Drambo” video effect... absolutely brilliant!

Thanks. I was hoping someone would catch that 😉

• edited April 2021

@echoopera said:
    Let’s see if this link works from iCloud. Can you confirm @Intrepolicious :
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0oDSSYBbxWoFQhUBj1vARk8Yg#Going_in_to_states

Got it! Thanks!

Edit: ah, I’ll have to figure out a replacement for Korg Module. That’s one I don’t have.

• edited April 2021

Cool. Try using Ravensoft or any other pi anner 👊🏼™️

Yes i grew up in Texas 🤠

• I downloaded and it installed right into Drambo. The standalone Drambo fires up and plays the project. So, I changed all the instrument choices in the Korg Module Pro instances and it sounded great. I saved the original project and my altered versions.

Then I opened an AUM session and loaded a Drambo audio instance. Neither of the projects
    produce any audio and I can't see how to fix the routing.

What's missing in the project when loaded into AUM for output?

• edited April 2021

@McD said:

The Auv3s that were loaded in standalone?
    Wait, loading a Drambo project in AUM?

Double ninja edit: I’m tired. I get it, you’re loading Drambo AUs in AUM and trying to open the project file there. Wheeew lol

• @Intrepolicious said:

@McD said:

LOL. Of course, AUv3's won't work with Drambo loaded into a DAW.
    Drambo makes me think too hard.

What's a good strategy to connect the Drambo standalone to a recording?

My first thought is:

1. make a screen recording
    2. import the resulting video's audio into Koala
    3. load Koala in AUM and make a recording with my usual pattern:
    4. record on a master track
    5. export audio file to AudioShare
    6. upload to SoundCloud

I'll forward "Cookies" to anyone that can eliminate steps. While I wait I'll look into
    AudioBus 3 as a routing tool. It usually manages these non-AUv3 problems with
    old school magic that doesn't follow Apple's alternatives.

• @McD said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@McD said:

LOL. Of course, AUv3's won't work with Drambo loaded into a DAW.
    Drambo makes me think too hard.

What's a good strategy to connect the Drambo standalone to a recording?

My first thought is:

1. make a screen recording
    2. import the resulting video's audio into Koala
    3. load Koala in AUM and make a recording with my usual pattern:
    4. record on a master track
    5. export audio file to AudioShare
    6. upload to SoundCloud

I'll forward "Cookies" to anyone that can eliminate steps. While I wait I'll look into
    AudioBus 3 as a routing tool. It usually manages these non-AUv3 problems with
    old school magic that doesn't follow Apple's alternatives.

I have a way, but it’s by using the “loopback” function of my 3rd gen Scarlett 4i4 interface. With it, I can pipe any audio coming from the iPad back into AUM as a track. Works pretty well actually. Great for YouTube backing track play alongs too.

• FWIW, you only get this feature with the 3rd gen 4i4 or higher. 2i2 and Scarlett Solo users are out of luck.

• Screen recording takes the same amount of time as "File Record" in AUM but it does consume extra file storage space that needs to be watched but it does open the door to
    drop the video into the ocean.

Koala Video Audio import is pretty efficient.

OK, I'll:

1. screen record
    2. start Koala
    3. import Video Audio
    4. save Koala sample to wave (is there a share to audioshare?)
    5. import wave into audioshare
    6. upload to soundcloud
  • On a side path... can anyone re-configure the Project to output on MIDI channels so I can
    connect to AUv3's outside of Drambo in AUM?

I have another @Echoopera project where he used that approach and shared it as an AUM project.

I'm sure it's easy for anyone with Drambo chops.

Any clues about using a sampler module in Drambo to record would also be appreciated.

In the world of Computing they say "TIMTOWTDI"... There Is More Than One Way To Do It.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

This works really well:

Change @EchoOpera's default project:
    I changed the Korg Module Pro presets on 3 of the 4 tracks
    I dropped the BPM to 26
    I added FDQN Reverb to every track with MIX set to ~75%

I used screen record to generate a Video in my Photos collection

I Open Koala and selected an "Import from Video"

I used Normalize on the current sample which holds my new creation

I used the Export "Current Sample" and it offered me a share menu from which I selected AudioShare and provided a name

AudioShare Opened and I used upload to SoundCloud and the name was populated from the Koala decision for naming

I came here and adding this link:

(Optionally, I could pass the audio into AUM and do more Mastering with those tools I paid so much for) and record again.

Now I need to look into Video Editing to develop some multi-media chops.

• I’ve used that exact method ^^^ before on a few Drambo projects. You’re right, it does work well, but if you’re explaining how you did it, you may get grief from the audiophile crowd when you mention screen recording.

Sounds great to my ears!

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

@Intrepolicious said:
    I’ve used that exact method ^^^ before on a few Drambo projects. You’re right, it does work well, but if you’re explaining how you did it, you may get grief from the audiophile crowd when you mention screen recording.

Sounds great to my ears!

I'm sure it wold sound better with the typical Mastering treatment in AUM... the magic mix
    trio:

Magic Death Eye Stereo (for harmonic excitation)
    the Bark Filter "recipe" (TripleBand preset with Limiter ON)
    Barricade to insure accurate Limiting is applied

Here's the audio re-processed using typical Mastering tools in AUM... I also added more reverb and trimmed back the ending.

Google or a nice forum member will document what the screen recorder does to the
    audio... I'd imagine it might convert to mono or apply some extreme form of compression.

How is anyone supposed to generate Drambo recordings with audio fidelity?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Or does it make sense to avoid AUv3 App hosting and keep them external to Drambo in AUM?

• @McD said:
    On a side path... can anyone re-configure the Project to output on MIDI channels so I can
    connect to AUv3's outside of Drambo in AUM?

I have another @Echoopera project where he used that approach and shared it as an AUM project.

I'm sure it's easy for anyone with Drambo chops.

Any clues about using a sampler module in Drambo to record would also be appreciated.

In the world of Computing they say "TIMTOWTDI"... There Is More Than One Way To Do It.

I reconfigured the project for AUM and will post that here in a few. Just finishing up breakfast with the kids before a day of work starts.

Nothing beats living at work these days 😜

• @echoopera said:
    I reconfigured the project for AUM and will post that here in a few. Just finishing up breakfast with the kids before a day of work starts.

Thanks in advance. If work or family intrude... I can wait for you to have the free time.

Nothing beats living at work these days 😜

Ahem... retirement. It gives you a lot of free time to pester creatives for help.

• edited April 2021

Let’s see if this works for you @McD :
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/04LmtGrkshGBQRFaoFv-G8NPw#Going_in_to_states-AUM

FWIW, all I did was remove the Generators in Drambo file and then added a Midi Out to each Track pointing to the AUM instruments. Just have a look at the Drambo instance to see what I mean.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers!

• That's magical... I dropped the BPM and added Reverbs and Delays everywhere to spin a magical spell:

• @McD This sounds beautiful. I love how it's bathed in the VERB. LUSH GOODNESS!!!

• @echoopera said:
    @McD This sounds beautiful. I love how it's bathed in the VERB. LUSH GOODNESS!!!

I used 2 AU3FX:Space reverbs, 1 AU3FX:Dub Delay and MixBox CS with Convo Reverb set on Cathedral: All good transparent space builders.