Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Please tell me which Beathawk expansion pack I need to buy. They’re all great sounding. Which do you use mostly?

• edited April 2021

@Peanutcram said:
    Please tell me which Beathawk expansion pack I need to buy. They’re all great sounding. Which do you use mostly?

Their sound ware is very very nice. I’m all over their stuff, so I’m not much help I’m afraid. What genres do you work in? Or want too play with?

• Thx @Littlewoodg that even helps. Don’t need anything, don’t care about genres but want... Latin, Gypsy, Ethno stuff is intriguing and could add some spice.

• What of this BeatHawk 3 update that was mentioned last year... ?

• Gypsy Jazzy, Guitar Loops, Africa, Cuba, choirs, tutti, Baroque, piano all dope especially for the sale price, can’t go wrong. Just look to see what it says in the description if you want loops too because the bullets at the bottom sometimes list the number of presets and samples but don’t always list if the pack has loops

• edited April 2021

@RajahP said:
    What of this BeatHawk 3 update that was mentioned last year... ?

I’m on the version 2.2.12 beta program, with no word on a 3, so far. If anyone has any issues I can pass them on.

@king_picadillo said:
    Gypsy Jazzy, Guitar Loops, Africa, Cuba, choirs, tutti, Baroque, piano all dope especially for the sale price, can’t go wrong. Just look to see what it says in the description if you want loops too because the bullets at the bottom sometimes list the number of presets and samples but don’t always list if the pack has loops

True and true.

Also @Peanutcram there is the preview button in the IAP “store” (which i always forget about, because I buy their stuff as it drops, without preview)

I get what you mean, no particular genre here either, and in a way that’s what BeatHawk is for (for me). Bring any (every) flavor into your project, in one AUv3. Not to mention that as a standalone its a very complete sample based workstation with exportable stems, all kinds of step control etc etc

• @Littlewoodg said:

@RajahP said:

I’m on the version 2.2.12 beta program, with no word on a 3, so far. If anyone has any issues I can pass them on.

@Littlewoodg after the last update that re-enabled sending MIDI CC to unselected pads, it’s still a bit glitchy. Here’s a note I sent the team:

it’s a bit buggy for me.

If I modify one CC at a time, it works fine. But as soon as I start modifying the same parameter across two or more channels, only one channel updates.

For example: play a consistent quarter note on two different channels. Assign a MIDI knob to each channel’s PAN. Sweep both knobs from 0 – 127 at the same time. Only one channel’s audio will pan until you stop panning the other knob.

Do you know if this is fixed on the beta?

• @orchid said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@RajahP said:

@Littlewoodg after the last update that re-enabled sending MIDI CC to unselected pads, it’s still a bit glitchy. Here’s a note I sent the team:

it’s a bit buggy for me.

If I modify one CC at a time, it works fine. But as soon as I start modifying the same parameter across two or more channels, only one channel updates.

For example: play a consistent quarter note on two different channels. Assign a MIDI knob to each channel’s PAN. Sweep both knobs from 0 – 127 at the same time. Only one channel’s audio will pan until you stop panning the other knob.

I’ll check and if not I’ll forward the note

• @Littlewoodg said:

@orchid said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@RajahP said:

it’s a bit buggy for me.

I’ll check and if not I’ll forward the note

Awesome, thanks!!

• @Peanutcram said:
    Please tell me which Beathawk expansion pack I need to buy. They’re all great sounding. Which do you use mostly?

This may help you decide:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=vid&q=beathawk+iap+review&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjmt-
    LeyOTvAhXVoFwKHe_yBo0Q8ccDKAV6BAgIECE&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25

Good luck.

• @LoopyFruit said:

@Peanutcram said:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=vid&q=beathawk+iap+review&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjmt-

Good luck.

Doug did a great job!

• @LoopyFruit said:

@Peanutcram said:

Good luck.

Cheers mate, I guess it’s gonna be the Gypsy pack.

• Hi Gang

Are there any solo violin instruments in any of the packs?

Thanks.

• Maybe in the pack « Gipsy Jazzy » but not sure though.

• @LoopyFruit, you might be looking for the SWAM violin, Thumbjam or PureSynthPlatinum.

• edited April 2021

@LoopyFruit said:
    Hi Gang

Thanks.

The “String Ensemble” pack. Sustain, pizzicato, spiccato, marcato, trills, runs...useful stuff, high quality, and a bargain even after the sale.

• Hi Gang

Thanks for the responses,

@Paulo164 the Gipsy Jazzy violins are just loops but are quite good sounding, I will try to edit some in the sample editor thanks.

@LinearLineman thanks I'm trying to keep things compact by just using BeatHawk for sketching things out, but I'll be waiting for the SWAM violin sale.

@Littlewoodg these sound really good but do not have solo violin thanks.

For anyone wanting a solo violin in BeatHawk this is what is in the packs I decided to purchase.
    Gipsy Jazzy pack is just violin loops no instruments.
    Balkans pack has one solo violin instrument that sustains.
    Middle East pack has three solo violin instruments that don't sustain and go from quite long to short.

• Ah, @LoopyFruit ...still, if you don’t have Thumbjam you are missing a deep classic for $7.

• edited April 2021

I was gonna say that Balkans had a violin, but you already got it :lol:

@LinearLineman said:
    Ah, @LoopyFruit ...still, if you don’t have Thumbjam you are missing a deep classic for $7.

So true ❤

• Love the sales. Gamelan is now mine!

• @Littlewoodg said:

@LoopyFruit said:
    Hi Gang

Thanks.

The “String Ensemble” pack. Sustain, pizzicato, spiccato, marcato, trills, runs...useful stuff, high quality, and a bargain even after the sale.

String Ensemble pack I thought was just OK...no expression control is my issue with it. Mod Wheel control seems to move a filter cut off, but it doesn't sound like expressive playing.

• I find the drum packs pretty need.
    Thought i might pick up some classical packs as im usually more into edm music. But it’s a bit of bummer that we don’t know what in the packs are playable instruments and what are just loops...

Any tips in general on which one to pick up? 🙂
    (Recently bought: Asia, Trip Hop, world percussion)

• @Nathi94 said:
    I find the drum packs pretty need.
    Thought i might pick up some classical packs as im usually more into edm music. But it’s a bit of bummer that we don’t know what in the packs are playable instruments and what are just loops...

I have the Acoustic Drums pack - it's pretty good I think, depending if you need that for your style of music :)
    Although...I haven't used it in anything yet. I've only used Ruismaker.

• @Nathi94 said:

Each pack details what’s included, along with demo song...

Presets are the playable instruments.

• Still one of the best places to write songs and quickly.

• @McM yea they sound good but already have the iap acoustic drums in NS2😄 Ruismaker is on of my go-tos as well.

@0tolerance4silence Ah thank you! At least now i know how many playable ones are in it🙂

• @Nathi94 said:

Musical Toys is one I dig very much. It has acoustic and electronic toys

Baroque is really nice too... The Classical Guitar, Harp and Celesta in it are tight, and the harpischord is great for cutting the midrange even in electronic genres (think Savant style stuff)

• edited April 2021

@LoopyFruit
    The ones I listed are solo, except the runs I’m pretty sure (those that bought the pack correct me if I’m wrong) Perhaps the store sample doesn't include them. I think it’s called Ensemble because the pack itself is an ensemble of instruments, not all the patches themselves

Quality wise for violins across all available violins on the store, there are many alternatives...! The expressiveness prize (without an added controller) has to go to ThumbJam. Multi sample with controller prize probably to CMP stuff

For me, its a songwriting tool per @JohnnyGoodyear, and an incredibly broad (instrument, loop and clip resources, across I don’t know how many genres) one-stop Auv3.

• Also a tip for all in doubt, the desktop packs has more demos. iOS contains less sounds than the desktop, but you can have a better idea of you may expect.

• Is ravenscroft good?