Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SWAM Strings / Improvised Classical

edited April 2021 in Creations

Lol, this is like starting up an old car... but it gets going.

SWAM Cello and Double Bass. These two are my favorites. Lots of interesting parameters not available with GeoSWAM. Plus iSymphonic Classical Flute, Module Choirs and Pipa. Headphones make it work.

Comments

• Great piece!

• Watch out @LinearLineman now @ErrkaPetti will come here to tell you that you have violated NDA😂😂😂
    Great piece by the way💪

• I listened to it both with and without headphones and I definitely agree, it shines brighter in the headphones.

Really nice! Wish I had a clue about classical arrangement 😆 instead, in just a fanboy of all those film composers.

Thanks for posting

• Well done!

• Thanks for listening @ipadbeatmaking and @wawelt. Appreciated. Nice to hear from you @SkillipEvolver . Glad you listened on phones.

@Charlesalbert, not sure what aspect of an NDA I would be disclosing. They are string sounds, after all... and AudioModeling does have a version2 out there which I imagine sounds like a cello and a bass
    as well. If I showed the GUI and discussed particular parameters... maybe. Besides, a judge just threw out all Trump’s NDAs... so I guess that includes this one, too. 😳😉😂 Thanks for listening!

• @LinearLineman just stupid Koke from me. Sorry 😂 when I tried to play them I was so bad that I returned to module pro😂😂😂

• @Charlesalbert, I knew you were joking, my friend. But I took Errka seriously and thought about it before I posted. All good... and Module Pro is equally good, more versatile, and polyphonic.

• Nice one. A little Swingle Singers vibe in the last part.

• I love to hear you go for Baroque:

Baroque music is a period or style of Western art music composed from approximately 1600 to 1750. This era followed the Renaissance music era, and was followed in turn by the Classical era, with the galant style marking the transition between Baroque and Classical eras.

During the Baroque era, professional musicians were expected to be accomplished improvisers of both solo melodic lines and accompaniment parts.

Baroque was Jazz for Europeans, in a sense. Too bad these skills we're tossed in favor of
    pure dedication to the written page.

I broke the rules when SWAM dropped the Brass betas because I didn't read the fine print.
    I didn't hear from anyone. But now I know better.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Charlesalbert, I knew you were joking, my friend. But I took Errka seriously and thought about it before I posted. All good... and Module Pro is equally good, more versatile, and polyphonic.

Do you mean swam can’t play poly? If so, is that some kind of beta limitation or final?

• Nicely done with a lot of great ideas

• Thanks for listening @audiobussy. Appreciated.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @Charlesalbert, I knew you were joking, my friend. But I took Errka seriously and thought about it before I posted. All good... and Module Pro is equally good, more versatile, and polyphonic.

Do you mean swam can’t play poly? If so, is that some kind of beta limitation or final?

The strings can be set up to play poly, not the brass though.

• @FriedTapeworm, I believe the strings have ust has two note polyphony. Am I missing something?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @FriedTapeworm, I believe the strings have ust has two note polyphony. Am I missing something?

That is correct. These new SWAM apps for iPad are meant to emulate single instruments and it’s not possible to play more than one note on a trumpet (for example), but it is possible to play two strings simultaneously on a violin or cello.

• Nice arrangement @LinearLineman !

I still need to pick up Pipa. This is one I keep forgetting about until someone posts something amazing with it.

• Yes @Intrepolicious, along with Module, PSP and BeatHawk choirs, Pipa rounds things out quite nicely.
    Thanks for listening.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Watch out @LinearLineman now @ErrkaPetti will come here to tell you that you have violated NDA😂😂😂
    Great piece by the way💪

Ööhh?

How old are you?

Why shouldn’t we respect NDA when we have agreed to the NDA when we downloaded the beta of Swam Strings for iPad?

Why joke about such a thing? Grow up!

• @ErrkaPetti, as you see in my comment and response, I do take your POV seriously. If I thought I was giving some secret away I would have not done it, but since the string sounds are already available on desktop, I feel I am only doing @audiomodeling a service by reviving an already lost subject and trying to demo the quality of the iOS instruments to come. Also, I am not commercializing this in any way. Lol, 102 hits on SoundCloud. 😳😂 I hope this makes sense to you.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @ErrkaPetti, as you see in my comment and response, I do take your POV seriously. If I thought I was giving some secret away I would have not done it, but since the string sounds are already available on desktop, I feel I am only doing @audiomodeling a service by reviving an already lost subject and trying to demo the quality of the iOS instruments to come. Also, I am not commercializing this in any way. Lol, 102 hits on SoundCloud. 😳😂 I hope this makes sense to you.

Mr Levy, I don’t criticize you!

This reply was to user https://forum.audiob.us/profile/Charlesalbert and not you!

I can’t see any problem with your wonderful string music!

On the other hand, we shouldn’t reveal screenshot etc. from the Swam apps (everything was pretty clear what we can, or not can do with the betaversions of Swam Strings for iPad...

Have a nice evening!

• @ErrkaPetti 👍🙏 also, @Charlesalbert is a good guy. I don’t think he meant any harm. Enjoy what remains of a beautiful Easter weekend!

• edited April 2021

Very realistic sounding @LinearLineman. I’d love to hear more from you. I’m going to have to truly learn how to “play” these strings as you can’t really hold notes forever (as in iSymphonic) and these apps will hold me to the realism. Happy Easter to all.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @ErrkaPetti, as you see in my comment and response, I do take your POV seriously. If I thought I was giving some secret away I would have not done it, but since the string sounds are already available on desktop, I feel I am only doing @audiomodeling a service by reviving an already lost subject and trying to demo the quality of the iOS instruments to come. Also, I am not commercializing this in any way. Lol, 102 hits on SoundCloud. 😳😂 I hope this makes sense to you.

This reply was to user https://forum.audiob.us/profile/Charlesalbert and not you!

On the other hand, we shouldn’t reveal screenshot etc. from the Swam apps (everything was pretty clear what we can, or not can do with the betaversions of Swam Strings for iPad...

Have a nice evening!

@ErrkaPetti you were right about not posting here something that could break NDA rules (10 second video showing a bug of the app I’m a forum about iOS music where every users if they can help devs since we are really a small community), but your manners and your writings, oh, man, you were so rude😂😂😂 you could send me a PM suggesting to remove it (private link, 0 visuals) but you had to show that you are the good guy here.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@LinearLineman said:

Have a nice evening!

@ErrkaPetti you were right about not posting here something that could break NDA rules (10 second video showing a bug of the app I’m a forum about iOS music where every users if they can help devs since we are really a small community), but your manners and your writings, oh, man, you were so rude😂😂😂 you could send me a PM suggesting to remove it (private link, 0 visuals) but you had to show that you are the good guy here.

I wonder if someone put something nasty in the Easter Eggs this year, been a lot of unnecessary drama and distinct lack of humour here this past two days 😂, let's all take a nice chill pill people 😅

• @Gavinski said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@LinearLineman said:

Have a nice evening!

I wonder if someone put something nasty in the Easter Eggs this year, been a lot of unnecessary drama and distinct lack of humour here this past two days 😂, let's all take a nice chill pill people 😅

You’re right. Sorry to be rude😊

• @mjcouche, I hope you had a renewing Easter and ready to tackle the SWAM Strings. Hear more from me? Lol, that’s bringing coal to Newcastle! Thanks for listening, my friend.

• This is great @LinearLineman! Johann Sebastian would have been proud. Of course, he then would have been a big showoff and added several more contrapuntal voices and improvised and scored a dozen variations all before supper! A future project for you.
    (I wonder what Bach would have done with an iPad.)

• Man, you are a talent @LinearLineman great haunting piece. Those melodic lines work so well nice instrument choices. Sounds most excellent, good sir! 🙏

• Thanks @pbelgium. My attempts at counterpoint are pretty illusionary... more the idea of counterpoint.

Thanks so much @drez. Nice to hear from you. I always marvel at the contrast between your current icon and the last. You grew.

• @LinearLineman

sound amazing! well done!