Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cem Olcay - Mother Dice Game - Patch Randomizer based on Moog Project

@cem_olcay Tweeted this out earlier today, I’m still unclear about using this on iOS, I’m no cider, but it seems really interesting nonetheless.

Here is the GitHub link

https://github.com/cemolcay/MothersDiceGame

Comments

• I don’t think it’s set up to work on any iOS synths at the moment, just from iOS to a few synths, but please correct me if I’m wrong because I’m extremely interested in Rando patch generation. It so fun to Rando then tweak. Plus it helps you build up a unique patch library much quicker then starting each patch from scratch.

• @cem_olcay for a a non-coder how can I use this to Rando synth patches on iOS synths? Is that even possible. If so, not only would that be so dope, I’m dying to know how...?

Also I thought this sounded awesome so I wanted to share it, hope that’s cool. Thanks man.

• From what I understand, you run this on your desktop, but the phisically patch the synths yourself. So you could try it for virtually any instrument. (even something more complex like Zmors, mirack or drambo)

This reminds me of the randomizer made on TB Midi for Gadget.

• If we had a database with apps and AU plugins this app/script could roll the dice and give us some interesting combinations what to use (as inspiration)

• edited April 2021

@senhorlampada said:
    From what I understand, you run this on your desktop, but the phisically patch the synths yourself. So you could try it for virtually any instrument. (even something more complex like Zmors, mirack or drambo)

This reminds me of the randomizer made on TB Midi for Gadget.

I remember that. Thanks for the info.

• @david_2017 said:
    If we had a database with apps and AU plugins this app/script could roll the dice and give us some interesting combinations what to use (as inspiration)

That sounds cool.

• I was just recently asking about a script for Mozaic, like a shell patch where everything was setup, labeled and you would have to assign the correct cc values to that specific SynthMaster then you could save the Mozaic preset as a new one and have a patch randomizer for that synth, over time we could have one for every synth, if a few people mapped a few out then shared on Patchstorage. There is midi cc randomizer which is a cc randomization that can be applied to patch randomization.

• edited April 2021

Hey, I'm sorry for my late response to this thread, it's actually so cool that you guys bring it here :smile:

I really liked the dice game on the new Moog bundles, you can see the game in action here: (starts on 8:45)

Basically the app is doing the same:

Also, you can create the game for any synth/module. I'm actually using it for my dfam/subharmonicon/mother-32 and its pretty fun!

I didn't plan turning this into a product, but I think I can make an interface for creating the synths and turn this into an actually useful app.

As for @david_2017's suggestion, I think it's somehow doable as a standalone app. Technically, a standalone app can read every AUv3 plugin in the system as well as their AU parameters. So I can create them in this format and let you create random patches. However, you should do the patching manually in your actual host app :smile:

Let me know if it make sense, I wouldn't mind working on that more and make something useful out of it!

• @cem_olcay this is brilliant an idea to analyze the installed plugins. Haha 👊🏼🙃

Then the next step could be, analyzing the exposed parameters and give random (at least) modulation destinations ;)

Last request will be: please make it AUv3 plugin 👍🏼😂

• Love this idea. Potentially very useful ... or utterly chaotic ... all good.

Much as I love randomisation Ive found it useful to have some means of containing or limiting it ... just something simple like locking one mix or set of sounds you like while adding new random synths and patches.

Enjoying your current set of apps very much ... you're on a roll.