Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Very Metal: Shockwave, BLEASS Slow Machine, Gauss x 2, and a shedload of fx

edited March 2021 in Creations

One for the Dark Side... I was actually surprised how much like metal guitar a synth app on the IPad could scream if pushed... the ahem ‘solo’ kicks in at 1:06... the only pitched instrument used was the Shockwave synth, playing a fairly basic preset.

For the avoidance of doubt, no guitars were harmed in the making of this track. :)

Quite pleased with the beats, which were a combo of SynthDrum, Fractal Beats, Rozeta XOX for stability and Physicles Gravity for that random off kilter effect. Got kind of a ‘24’ style doom countdown clock thing going on.

Creepy noises courtesy of excellent physical modeller Objeq on the Fractal Beats in a couple of Gauss loops, with BLEASS Slowmachine in attendance.

Also shout-outs to YaleD reverse delay, and Atom 2, sequencing the Shockwave from midi captured from an initial Cykle/Aphelian loop I made at the noodling stage. And just about every reverb and distortion I’ve got. Or to put it another way...

All of the things.

Kind of this...

... Aaaaand cue a right old din. :)

(Felt I had to get back to my roots after the last two tracks turned out surprisingly mellow. I fear this means I may have lost some of my new listeners...)

Comments

• Your best yet, I think. All sounds have their own space and do not crowd each other.

• edited April 2021

@Philandering_Bastard : thank you, and thanks for the listen! Yes I do sometimes have a problem with the ‘more is more’ approach :)

It stems from my insecurity as a not-musician, I think. I find it easier to pile stuff onto an initial short noodle of an idea, vertically, as it were, since I lack the muso chops to extend it much harmonically/horizontally...

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Philandering_Bastard : thank you, and thanks for the listen! Yes I do sometimes have a problem with the ‘more is more’ approach :)

It stems from my insecurity as a not-musician, I think. I find it easier to pile stuff onto an initial short noodle of an idea, vertically, as it were, since I lack the muso chops to extend it much harmonically/horizontally...

For a non-musician you’re doing pretty damn well I’d say. Fake it until you make it and all that. Happy Easter!

• That was a splendid trip into the heart of an intense organic machine, lovely work and a real complete feeling to it.

• @krupa: thank you! It’s knowing that the stuff gets listened to that keeps me trying to do it :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    @krupa: thank you! It’s knowing that the stuff gets listened to that keeps me trying to do it :)

Same here to some extent, though mild obsessiveness is part of it for me 😁

• This is some absurdly delicious track! :yum: :yum:
    Love all the sound design and processing you delivered :heart:

• @senhorlampada @Frank303 : thanks both for the kind words and the listens :)