Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom 2 Step Entry

When doing step entry in Atom 2, am I stuck with entering a single note on every step, or can I enter rests, chords, or tied notes? I haven’t found a way, yet... if there isn’t, that would be a great feature to add, at least for me.
I tried looking at some of the existing discussions of Atom 2 for this, but there’s so much stuff...

Comments

• There was a few posts about it. The upshot was it can't be done now, but the developer thought adding some way of detecting notes received very close together as a chord. There was no timeframe given that I remember.

• Ahh, here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/926162/#Comment_926162

No mention of entering rests though.

• If you’re looking for rests and tied notes, would it be easier to score it with something like Notion, export the MIDI file then import it into Atom?

• edited March 2021

My favourite workaround for the missing rest input...

Designate a key in a way-out octave to use as your proxy rest note (e.g. C6) then after you've finished with step input, go back and marquee select all those C6 notes and delete them.

• @wim said:
    Ahh, here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/926162/#Comment_926162

No mention of entering rests though.

Thanks!

• @michael_m said:
    If you’re looking for rests and tied notes, would it be easier to score it with something like Notion, export the MIDI file then import it into Atom?

Already did this importing stuff into Cubasis; good idea... thanks!

• @tk32 said:
    My favourite workaround for the missing rest input...

Designate a key in a way-out octave to use as your proxy rest note (e.g. C6) then after you've finished with step input, go back and marquee select all those C6 notes and delete them.

Yeah, another good idea... thanks!