Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• @echoopera said:
    @blueveek really enjoying Atom 2 but i am experiencing quite a few crashes when using multiple instances to drive 3 or more synths in Drambo.

Could you and @giku_beepstreet sync up to look in to this. Atom2 fails to load after it crashes in Drambo and i am unable to recover the file. Let me know if there’s anything i can provide to assist in this issue.

Thanks. 👊🏼™️

Yes, on it. The main issue is finding a concrete set of steps that reproduce the issue.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blueveek said:
    Version 2.0.2 is now under review and includes the following improvements:

• MIDI files will now automatically set the clip length and adjust the loop markers when imported.
    • Multi-channel MIDI files will include all lanes as separate Patterns when imported.
    • Drag and drop import from other apps. Open Files side by side, and drag MIDI files onto Atom instances.
    • Improve discoverability of all advanced configuration panels (available with a long-press).

Here's a sneak peek at multi-channel import, auto-length, and the new layer merging feature:

• @Connor said:

@echoopera said:
    @blueveek really enjoying Atom 2 but i am experiencing quite a few crashes when using multiple instances to drive 3 or more synths in Drambo.

Could you and @giku_beepstreet sync up to look in to this. Atom2 fails to load after it crashes in Drambo and i am unable to recover the file. Let me know if there’s anything i can provide to assist in this issue.

Thanks. 👊🏼™️

Ditto + more AU UI issues in Drambo too unfortunately. Missing buttons/options, no vertical scroll, horizontal menu can’t scroll 😕

This is very bizarre and since it works fine in other hosts, indicative of Drambo doing some funky business with how input events are sent to the plugin.

• @audiblevideo said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    @eross Yea I don’t see why not. I’ve never done it, but it sounds very doable. There is an easier way with an LFO, like Rozeta LFO or MidiLFO’s, or even better something with finer control, that sequences the CC like Stepbud or Octachron, which are the 2 ways I typically do CC’s. As I dig deeper into CC, I want to automate and sequence Parameters in all kinds of different ways, so I’m still learning too. I’m no expert, so maybe there’s some better advice out there.

MFX Convert Looks like it could help in a similar fashion too...
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mfxconvert/id1451192046

Also For a slightly different approach you could use FAC Envolver. That will convert audio, at specific gate points, to midi or cc
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fac-envolver/id1378195291

At the moment I’m looking at CC Pal, it’s not AU but looks really cool for recording and looping the automation. Anyone have and like the app CC Pal?
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cc-pal/id1468684956

There’s also Ribn for recording and looping parameter movements.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ribn/id1413777040

I have CCPal and Ribn

While CCPal is competent, Ribn is just easier to input your CC's into. You can make slower and broader gestures. CCPal is in comparison more "fiddly"

Thank you. Wish they were Au, but Ribn sounds quite useful for recording and looping the ribbon movements. I know I’m off topic but one last question. Do you happen know how long you get to record the automation in Ribn?

• Thanks for the input @winconway

• @blueveek said:

@blueveek said:

• MIDI files will now automatically set the clip length and adjust the loop markers when imported.
    • Multi-channel MIDI files will include all lanes as separate Patterns when imported.
    • Drag and drop import from other apps. Open Files side by side, and drag MIDI files onto Atom instances.
    • Improve discoverability of all advanced configuration panels (available with a long-press).

Here's a sneak peek at multi-channel import, auto-length, and the new layer merging feature:

No freaking way. I’m seriously in love with you. Lol.

• oooo very cool! Am I understanding correctly that the Merge all button would merge all of your patterns into one pattern? Is that destructive to the currently selected pattern?

• @sloJordan said:
    oooo very cool! Am I understanding correctly that the Merge all button would merge all of your patterns into one pattern? Is that destructive to the currently selected pattern?

Yes, merge will merge all into a new pattern. It's not destructive.

• @gregsmith said:
    One thing that I observed with atom and now atom 2 is that the zooming doesn’t feel the same as other piano rolls. I might be going mad but I’m sure I’m used to piano rolls zooming either in the y axis for a ‘vertical’ pinch, and in the x axis for a ‘horizontal’ pinch. Is it just me?

Just me then 😂

• @blueveek thank you for Atom2! :)
    It would be great to have zoom buttons to be visible without scroll on iPhones. Maybe place them before 'scales', 'layers', etc. buttons (or maybe it is possible to do with custom styling/configuration files?).
    Also separate buttons for resizing selection (like Xequence) will be a very nice touch on the app.

• @blueveek said:

@echoopera said:

Thanks. 👊🏼™️

Yes, on it. The main issue is finding a concrete set of steps that reproduce the issue.

Thanks. I’ll try and record a video tonight to show off the issue. Thanks.

• Not just you @gregsmith

Atom2 currently uses single-axis pinch zoom. There are pros and cons to each approach.

• @blueveek said:

@blueveek said:

wow so many great little added features, is CC automation right around the corner or is it a little ways out still?

• @eross said:

@blueveek said:

@blueveek said:

wow so many great little added features, is CC automation right around the corner or is it a little ways out still?

He has said that it will take a while.

• @eross said:

@blueveek said:

@blueveek said:

Ho ho hold you’re horses!

We give mr Porof no demands of releasedate of the automation features - it comes when it’s ready - three month, six month, nine month, or two years away - does’nt matter - the health of Victor Porof is way more important!

• edited March 2021

@ErrkaPetti said:

@eross said:

@blueveek said:

@blueveek said:

We give mr Porof no demands of releasedate of the automation features - it comes when it’s ready - three month, six month, nine month, or two years away - does’nt matter - the health of Victor Porof is way more important!

Thank you for this!

At the moment (near future) I'm prioritizing addressing some of the feedback around functionality that isn't automation-related. This means things such as "MIDI import is annoying", "give me custom scales" and (maybe) "pattern triggering please" that typically end up as 1 star reviews on the App Store from very passionate users :smile: Hopefully the 2.0.2 update that I've mentioned a few comments earlier addresses the MIDI import bit, with upcoming updates addressing the rest.

• @blueveek said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@eross said:

@blueveek said:

@blueveek said:

Thank you for this!

At the moment (near future) I'm prioritizing addressing some of the feedback around functionality that isn't automation-related. This means things such as "MIDI import is annoying", "give me custom scales" and (maybe) "pattern triggering please" that typically end up as 1 star reviews on the App Store from very passionate users :smile: Hopefully the 2.0.2 update that I've mentioned a few comments earlier addresses the MIDI import bit, with upcoming updates addressing the rest.

😎😎😎😎👍👍👍👍😂❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇

• @blueveek @tk32
    Is it possible in current version to delete all clip notes via external controller or via auv3 exposed parameter?
    Don't see such method here: https://github.com/victorporof/atom/tree/master

• @clowm said:
    @blueveek @tk32
    Is it possible in current version to delete all clip notes via external controller or via auv3 exposed parameter?

Not yet. Would you like a parameter for it, or a script hook, or both?

• edited March 2021

@blueveek said:

@clowm said:
    @blueveek @tk32

Not yet. Would you like a parameter for it, or a script hook, or both?

I would like script hook, but probably somebody would like a parameter :)

Also I can think of such hooks to make super deep integration with controllers:

• setting clip length,
    • quantizing all notes,
    • changing all notes velocity offset,
    • trasponsing/shifting/(maybe even flipping) all notes
    • copying/pasting all notes
    • patterns: switching/adding new/duplicating etc.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • One comment on velocity processing: If I set each of multiple notes to varying velocity offsets by selecting one note after another, I don’t see the states being preserved. As in for note A if velocity was set to x and then for B velocity was set to y. Then coming back to A does not bring back the slider back to x. I hope am able to explain!

• edited March 2021

@tk32 said:
    Not just you @gregsmith

Atom2 currently uses single-axis pinch zoom. There are pros and cons to each approach.

Yeah I’ve not found it a problem as such, just always feels weird when most other piano rolls I use (Xequence, LK etc) do the multi-axis versh. They seem to have a ‘diagonal’ pinch that does both simultaneously.

It helps that atom has the zoom and fit options.

• @noniman93 said:
    One comment on velocity processing: If I set each of multiple notes to varying velocity offsets by selecting one note after another, I don’t see the states being preserved. As in for note A if velocity was set to x and then for B velocity was set to y. Then coming back to A does not bring back the slider back to x. I hope am able to explain!

Maybe you could do a screen recording and post a link to an uploaded video?

• Did I understand correctly, that a Bundle is coming?

• btw, thanks @blueveek for adding that sausage fingers script. Was able to look at that as an example and super quickly made a "really fat" fingers version with even larger buttons but smaller keyboard as I mostly use atom for live recording rather than editing. Really cool how easy it is to customize the ui to fit little changes like this!

Is it possible to change the ordering of buttons in the toolbars with a script? I've been looking through your documentation, but haven't been able to find the answer. Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated!

• @tja said:
    Did I understand correctly, that a Bundle is coming?

Yes , within a week

Maybe we should make a separate thread for Atom scripting

• @espiegel123 said:

Maybe you could do a screen recording and post a link to an uploaded video?

You can see in the video that I set two notes to two velocities. But when I come back to the first one I can’t recover its offset.