Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• @blueveek No rush. Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the double tap to select all midi has been finicky. It only worked 1-2 times after many “double-taps” No biggie, easy work around, obviously, but I used that constantly with atom 1, and would like to see that double tap be more consistent. Thanks

• @eroxxx said:

@TTBeNnI said:
    Thanks for this amazing app!

My favourite setup so far: Xequence AU Pads to launch and stop Atom 2 clips. Drambo for translating of notes to cc.

I would LOVEEEE to see a video/explanation of how you are using AU pads to launch and stop clips ... :)

In AUM I believe you can set up the pads up to send a note or a cc to toggle the Launch button. Haven’t tried it yet but that would be my guess.

• Ok. They said they used drambo to change the notes of the pads to CC numbers. So pads set up as notes, then sent through drambo to change notes to cc, then the cc messages set up in AUM to toggle individual Launch buttons, of each atom 2 instance. Hope that help a little.

Is there a way to send cc with pads without using drambo, maybe using a Mozaic script instead, or even better is there an app that can do that on its own? A way without the middle man?

• edited March 2021

@Intrepolicious said:
    In other news, Atom 2 came out just in time for my 4 day mini- vacation. The GF asked if we were going to do anything to which I replied “ I don’t know honey, maybe we’ll just stay home, chill, and catch up on some R&R :D

Then, I’m checking my bank account this morning and see that my stimulus money has also arrived (again.. just in time!)

AND SO, since March 15th was my 38 year anniversary at work, I decided to treat myself.... today, I shall go purchase the Launchpad Pro MK3. I think this is what I want... for the last few years or so, I’ve had my eyes on, and have been GASing over a Synthstrom Deluge (which is also an amazing device!), but with a few apps like Atom 2, AUM and Drambo, paired with the Launchpad Pro Mk3, I think I’ll have all of the capabilities, all the pretty lights, and better, bigger velocity sensitive pads.

I know the Deluge is more of a standalone unit with its own built in Synth engines and all, and it does a few things that make it unique, but,, the Deluge is $1000 USD which is a little more than I want to spend right now. I’ve also thought about the Elektron boxes (Digitakt and Digitone mainly) and other sequencers like the Squarp Pyramid, and other groovebox type standalone units like the Akai family of MPCs (Force, One, etc) all are a lot more money than I’m willing to shell out.

The LPPMK3 though, is right at that perfect price point for me! This, combined with the iPad Pro and the amazingly capable ATOM 2 will give me everything I need... I think.... for now......

Awesome thinking!

Thanks! I have a plan anyway. Now if I can just get everyone else in my household to adhere to it. Seems to be some “other plans” being talked about now... looks I might have to go clothes shopping 🛍 with the GF as well today.. oh lord 🤦‍♂️

• @Poppadocrock said:

@eroxxx said:

@TTBeNnI said:

My favourite setup so far: Xequence AU Pads to launch and stop Atom 2 clips. Drambo for translating of notes to cc.

I would LOVEEEE to see a video/explanation of how you are using AU pads to launch and stop clips ... :)

In AUM I believe you can set up the pads up to send a note or a cc to toggle the Launch button. Haven’t tried it yet but that would be my guess.

@Poppadocrock said:

@eroxxx said:

@TTBeNnI said:

Yes, but this is that on steroids, would love to see how he did it!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @blueveek No rush. Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the double tap to select all midi has been finicky. It only worked 1-2 times after many “double-taps” No biggie, easy work around, obviously, but I used that constantly with atom 1, and would like to see that double tap be more consistent. Thanks

Yep.. I found out that double-tapping on the ‘select’ button works.. miss the old way though..

Back to school.. 🙂

• @eross said:

@McD said:

@eross said:
    is there a way to duplicate a selection up or down an octave on the piano roll. i see the clone feature but it only clones to the right i think?

1. Select a group of notes and touch "Clipboard" upper right corner.
    2. select "Copy Selected"
    3. a "notes clip" will appear and offer "Paste at Playhead". Use it.
    4. This will create a double instance of the "selected" notes which will still be highlighted
    5. Touch the "selected notes" box and slide them up or down to transpose.
    6. This will also expose the 2nd copy underneath the original set of notes.

thanks so much

I found another optional way:

1. double tap "Select" and all notes will be selected
    2. tap "Process" in the lower right corner
    3. look for the "Clone" icon and use it
    4. slide the "Selected Notes" up or down to reveal the clone (or slide the clone to reveal the original notes... the clones are so perfect you won't spot a difference).
  • edited March 2021

@blueveek said:
    (please don't forget to leave an honest review on the App Store :smiley:)

Hey, mine WAS honest.
    :)

• @audiblevideo said:

@blueveek said:
    (please don't forget to leave an honest review on the App Store :smiley:)

Hey, mine WAS honest.
    :)

:heart:

• Can someone explain the expected behavior if you set up a 3 row * 3 column set of Atom 2's and have a Launchpad X connected?

I have three synths loaded. Synth 1 gets its input from the column 1 Atom's; Synth 2 gets its input from the column 2 atoms and synth 3 gets its input from the column 3 atom's.

When I first plugged in the Launchpad, the Atom instances automagically started receiving note input from the Launchpad when they were open. So, opening a column 1 instance resulted in Launchpad's pads notes being recorded -- and thru'ed (as expected) to synth 1. Opening an instance in column 2, worked.

After saving and reopening the project, however, none of the Atoms are receiving input from the Launchpad without my manually configuring things.

(I am using a beta on ioS 13.7 to test that it works correctly).

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or seeing a bug.

Also, what do I need to do so that in Session mode (or some other mode), I have a pad for each clip as seen in the picture at the beginning of this thread.

• Hi late to the table
    But good luck ( hope you get rich, or a little bit better off, at least )
    Looks and sounds amazing, can’t purchase till the weekend
    @blueveek
    Is there, or could there be a chance to have like LK dedicated layouts for drum machines
    This is very useful, I fully understand you need to rest and have a hundred and one other requests, but find this really helpful and a time saver
    You will be receiving my money soon

• edited March 2021

@espiegel123 said:
    (I am using a beta on ioS 13.7 to test that it works correctly).

Controller support is unavailable on iOS 13 at the moment (you may know this already, I've told you on DM after pushing the latest beta which attempts to enable support). Let me know which issues you have and I'll work with you to resolve them and enable iOS 13 support for everyone :)

• @blueveek The quantize and swing sliders under Process are so awesome. Just slots your notes right in to the rhythm how you want it. 🙏👏

• Since we have midi channels in one Atom 2 instance...is it possible to use only that one instance for several instruments? I suppose layers would do that...or?...even though makes no sense, i guess when using the pads...I won't be able to trigger those different midi layers with the pads

• edited March 2021

@gusgranite said:
    @blueveek The quantize and swing sliders under Process are so awesome. Just slots your notes right in to the rhythm how you want it. 🙏👏

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it.

@Sergiu said:
    Since we have midi channels in one Atom 2 instance...is it possible to use only that one instance for several instruments? I suppose layers would do that...or?...even though makes no sense, i guess when using the pads...I won't be able to trigger those different midi layers with the pads

Use multiple instances. Atom 2 was painstakingly optimized to use as little memory as possible and allow for the most modularity as possible. More features for the Patterns within a single clip are being considered, including the ability to output multiple patterns at the same time and switch between them using parameter mapping or MIDI messages.

• @RajahP said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    @blueveek No rush. Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the double tap to select all midi has been finicky. It only worked 1-2 times after many “double-taps” No biggie, easy work around, obviously, but I used that constantly with atom 1, and would like to see that double tap be more consistent. Thanks

Yep.. I found out that double-tapping on the ‘select’ button works.. miss the old way though..

Back to school.. 🙂

Thanks for the info @RajahP & @McD

• @gusgranite said:
    @blueveek The quantize and swing sliders under Process are so awesome. Just slots your notes right in to the rhythm how you want it. 🙏👏

Agreed. All those little nuances that I like to apply to midi are built right into atom 2, plus you can even save them or bake them right into the actual midi which is dope as well.

• Thank you ! Amazing work!> @blueveek said:

@gusgranite said:

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it.

@Sergiu said:
    Since we have midi channels in one Atom 2 instance...is it possible to use only that one instance for several instruments? I suppose layers would do that...or?...even though makes no sense, i guess when using the pads...I won't be able to trigger those different midi layers with the pads

Use multiple instances. Atom 2 was painstakingly optimized to use as little memory as possible and allow for the most modularity as possible. More features for the Patterns within a single clip are being considered, including the ability to output multiple patterns at the same time and switch between them using parameter mapping or MIDI messages.

• Evidently, finding one of these new Launchpad Pro Mk3s locally was a little more work than I thought it’d be. Currently driving about an hour across town to get one.

Yes I know I could simply order one, but I want it today!

One of the benefits of living in a city big enough for TWO Guitar Centers and a Sam Ash lol

• 🎶I’ve been waiting for an app like you to come into my life🎶

• @TTBeNnI said:

translating notes to Cc ? what is that doing? modulating filters and stuff? how do you do that?

• edited March 2021

I just wanted to leave this here. Out in a day or so :)

Drag and drop import of MIDI files:

Drag and drop import of Atom .aprf files

• Hi there,
    first of all: thanks for this amazing tool @blueveek! What impresses me the most is the reliability of atom2, didn't crash a single time for me until now. I think I haven't experienced such a smooth start with any kind of (more complex) software on release day for a couple of years.

One question to the users with launchpad pro mk3 or other hardware controllers:
    How do you use your controllers/how does your midi-routing look like in combination with atom?

I set up a 3x5 matrix in AUM, routed each column to one instrument to be able to record different variations/patterns (like in ableton).
    The problem I have now is when I record a pattern, all open instances of atom which are routed to the same instrument "add up" in volume so that it distorts during recording.

This is just a problem of live recording and I can avoid that through closing every other atom-window.
    But I'm curious how an more elegant solutions could look like to avoid that kind of stacking of velocities.
    Did I miss anything?

• Here is my 8 Atom - Drambo sequencer (adapted from @wim LK concept)

• @blueveek said:

Awesome @blueveek!

• @blueveek said:

Oh, my, goodness, oh....my...goodness. Bringing a little ‘Martin’ back into the cultural psyche, Lol. Dammmm... Giiiiiiinaaaa! Lol. Totally got sidetracked there, You’re spoiling us @blueveek and I love every second of it. Lol.

• @blueveek said:

Great.. Thesys has drag midi out..

• @eross said:

@TTBeNnI said:

translating notes to Cc ? what is that doing? modulating filters and stuff? how do you do that?

Yup. Automating, Sequencing, and/or triggering, modulation on any parameter that an app exposes in AUM. Some apps expose every single parameter, so you can modulate up to high heaven, lol. But some only have a few knobs/etc. exposed, or just the most basic parameters to choose from. Setup isn’t too crazy but more then I can type out at the moment. Actually I’m a little confused about the drambo part of the setup, I have the app, but have only scratched the surface with it. I’m guessing this a project or module on Patchstorage? Note to CC or something like that? Maybe @TTBeNnI could help us out.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@eross said:

@TTBeNnI said:

Yup. Automating, Sequencing, and/or triggering, modulation on any parameter that an app exposes in AUM. Some apps expose every single parameter, so you can modulate up to high heaven, lol. But some only have a few knobs/etc. exposed, or just the most basic parameters to choose from. Setup isn’t too crazy but more then I can type out at the moment. Actually I’m a little confused about the drambo part of the setup, I have the app, but have only scratched the surface with it. I’m guessing this a project or module on Patchstorage? Note to CC or something like that? Maybe @TTBeNnI could help us out.

yeah, it would be cool it you could triggers a note in atom 2 , and have that trigger a cc sweep which intern sweeps a filter in whatever synth app i’m using. . i guess that is possible somehow?