Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• @Strizbiz said:

@blueveek said:

@onerez said:
    OK I watched Gavin’s video.... where the heck is the sausage fingers at???

Thanks @blueveek for great app!!!!

See my first post in this thread. Here’s a list of changes and improvements coming in 2.0.1 in a day or two:

• Support for the Launchpad Pro Mk3 controller.
    • A "Sausage Fingers" mode, for people who want bigger UI elements.
    • A "Roboto" font based theme, for people who want larger and more legible text.
    • New pattern controls: "Add Default", "Add Empty", "Add duplicate", "Reset Pattern", "Delete Notes".
    • Help messages using non-destructive processing operations.
    • Better track cloning support in AUM, cloned tracks now also show up in Layers.
    • Better iCloud support, also preventing a crash when iCloud is disabled.
    • Support for simultaneous touch and mouse input. Using both touch and mouse input together will cause instability in 2.0, update to 2.0.1 when it hits to avoid any issues!

Yes on larger font size, I’m enjoying it but it’s really a struggle for me trying to see what’s going on lol. Also I know how to change colors for the tracks, but how do we change the over all setting from light to dark mode like in the pics I see on the App Store or is that even possible? I’m definitely going to have to watch a video to see how a lot of thing work

Light and Dark mode are iPadOS/iOS system level Settings under Display & Brightness.

• @Strizbiz said:

@blueveek said:

@onerez said:

See my first post in this thread. Here’s a list of changes and improvements coming in 2.0.1 in a day or two:

• A "Roboto" font based theme, for people who want larger and more legible text.
    • New pattern controls: "Add Default", "Add Empty", "Add duplicate", "Reset Pattern", "Delete Notes".
    • Better track cloning support in AUM, cloned tracks now also show up in Layers.
    • Support for simultaneous touch and mouse input. Using both touch and mouse input together will cause instability in 2.0, update to 2.0.1 when it hits to avoid any issues!

Yes on larger font size, I’m enjoying it but it’s really a struggle for me trying to see what’s going on lol. Also I know how to change colors for the tracks, but how do we change the over all setting from light to dark mode like in the pics I see on the App Store or is that even possible? I’m definitely going to have to watch a video to see how a lot of thing work

Go to iPad settings >Display & Brightness, switch to ‘Dark’..

• @RajahP said:

@Strizbiz said:

@blueveek said:

@onerez said:

Oh ok, thanks, I know how to change the iPad to dark mode, I thought you could just change the color theme of the app itself

• edited March 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Strizbiz said:

Yes..... I have it set to large fonts and I’m on a 12.9 pro and still struggling to see.

• edited March 2021

@BITCRUSHER said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@BITCRUSHER said:
    Is it a totally different app than the first Atom? Just wondering why it’s another full purchase and not an update?

You paid for an app, Atom 1, but you want a totally new written app, Atom 2, without paying any more cash?
    Serious?

With that in mind, no software company in the world would be left today...

We talking about 10 bucks here, for an amesome app - peanut money!

Well that was the point of my question...if it is all new shit then I don’t mind paying again even if it’s only “peanut money”...but since I just bought Atom 1 and all the other apps I own get kick ass “updates” all the time as part of the norm, well then I have to ask because that seems out of the norm to me...if I had to keep re-buying the 200 or so apps I own everytime there was an update it would be very costly to say the least...am I wrong?

But, this ain’t an common update of Atom 1, it’s a whole new rewritten app, with tons of New features, that’s why the dev called it Atom 2...

So, you mean that you got Cubasis v2 free or Cubasis v3 also for free?
    Nanostudio 2, free? Patterning 2, free? Audiobus 3, for free?

No no no...

Yeah, sometime the developer make an update free, even a step from v1 to v2, but, not when he/she has rewritten the whole shebangs and make the app more powerful with more features...

• Manual, FAQ and videos are all in the works.

...and maybe a high contrast theme too.

• @tk32 said:
    Manual, FAQ and videos are all in the works.

...and maybe a high contrast theme too.

Go to sleep

• edited March 2021

not compatible with Apple pencil 1? have awful response

• edited March 2021

@CapnWillie said:

@hansjbs said:

@CapnWillie said:

@hansjbs said:
    Congrats @blueveek !!! Instant buy for me. Not waiting for bundle, you deserve this purchase with all that work you did.

Wondering how you’ll be using it as we have similar workflows. Do you AUM also or planning to use in Bm3?

Have you ever used Fl studio and familiar with it’s piano roll? This can do things like move things up/down one octave easily, reverse midi notes, ghost notes and then some. Just with those alone I was already in. These are some of the things some of us have talked about that we want in BM3 piano roll

Zero experience with FL but that sounds groovy. Already grabbed it and can’t wait to give it a spin.

Great decision! This is an app that just feels right. Using it you feel @blueveek really put his heart and soul into it. Him being patient and listening to feedback even to this day... I’m truly inspired! I pray that this app grows huge and inspires the next generation of iOS musicians to create especially in a time when social justice and community means everything.

• Are the “reduce motion” settings that I heard of the iOS system settings? Or is there a setting somewhere in the app?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Purchased! A bit late right now, but going to set aside some time to play with this tomorrow!

• @winconway said:

@eroxxx said:
    I asked this earlier, but this thread is so (deservedly) popular!

Can you do ratcheting with this??

Am I right that ratcheting is triggering the same note multiple times at very small intervals to get a kind of multi triggered delay effect?

If so I just did it by mistake when recording one of the tutorial videos, yes you can do that, and it has extreme controllability too, you create a clip for each ratchet as it were, and each one can be delay or pre delayed from 1ms to 10 seconds.
    Takes seconds to set up using the clipboard.

I have done a quick video here to show it, i used global transpose per ratchet and then on the third ratchet added some velocity chaos too.
    Hopefully this is ratcheting anyway haha.

Right on

• @Strizbiz said:

@RajahP said:

@Strizbiz said:

@blueveek said:

@onerez said:

Oh ok, thanks, I know how to change the iPad to dark mode, I thought you could just change the color theme of the app itself

Seems it's the only way to do it (right now).

• Im having a problem with some settings. Set config, set style dont show any options to choose. There is just the reload button. And i also cant load the launchpad, in toggle device there is just enable/disable all, reload.
    Is there something i have to do first?

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@winconway said:

@eroxxx said:

Am I right that ratcheting is triggering the same note multiple times at very small intervals to get a kind of multi triggered delay effect?

If so I just did it by mistake when recording one of the tutorial videos, yes you can do that, and it has extreme controllability too, you create a clip for each ratchet as it were, and each one can be delay or pre delayed from 1ms to 10 seconds.

I have done a quick video here to show it, i used global transpose per ratchet and then on the third ratchet added some velocity chaos too.

Right on

That’sa cool trick! Def could find ways to make that useful especially with applying changes to each clip, notes and stuff.

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

@winconway said:

@eroxxx said:

Cool technique, but not really what I think of as ratcheting, which is taking an individual note and dividing it to trigger any number of times (including odd number divisions). Ideally it shouldn't require additional instances or patterns.

StepPolyArp has a really good implementation of this feature. You can even set it so that the ratcheted repeats decrease or increase in velocity.

This would be a cool feature to add for somewhere down the road, perhaps as part of automation.
    Or perhaps it could be an option in the Process popup menu when one more notes are selected.

• In a clip if you have several patterns, 1,2,3 for example, will atom automatically play thru the patterns in order or do you have to manually select the pattern you want to play next?
    And if it can, can you have it repeat a pattern X amount of times before auto advancing to the next?

• @blueveek said:

Upgrade bundle

As promised, I’ll request for an upgrade bundle soon. I have no timeline for when this will become available, it depends on Apple's review process which I’m told can take longer in certain situations. I don’t know exactly how bundles work, so I can’t say precisely what the upgrade cost will be, but I’m aiming for the lowest it can go.

That being said, please consider purchasing :)

I didn’t really consider it. I just purchased the new app before the bundle became available. Because I’ve been much more selective in my AUv3 purchase so it’s a very reasonable expense which contributes to useful development.

• Does each instance of Atom 2 send all notes with the same midi channel?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Does each instance of Atom 2 send all notes with the same midi channel?

On the keft side of Atom 2 window, longpress and then choose the Midichannel you want...

• @reasOne said:
    In a clip if you have several patterns, 1,2,3 for example, will atom automatically play thru the patterns in order or do you have to manually select the pattern you want to play next?
    And if it can, can you have it repeat a pattern X amount of times before auto advancing to the next?

Man, there’s options for all of that and so. Much. More...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Does each instance of Atom 2 send all notes with the same midi channel?

On the keft side of Atom 2 window, longpress and then choose the Midichannel you want...

I saw that. My question is whether armall notes in the instance are sent on the same midi channel(s) or if can different notes be sent on different channels.

• Yes im on 2.01

• I just saw in gavinskis video that there should be an atom folder in the files app but i cant find it

• Wow. My first impression after just a few minutes is really positive. Sounds like this was worth the wait.

For instance, I’m quite impressed by the approach to handling multiple instances. With my LPX plugged in, switching MIDI channels around in AUM also switches around the columns. Sounds like it’d be an obvious thing to do in a DAW. It’s just not something I would have imagined in my DAWfree setup based on my favourite AUv3 host.

Seriously, though the expression “game changer” has been overused, it’s quite possible that it can apply to this plugin.
    There are plenty of cool AU MIDI plugins around (including LK, which has greatly improved in the past year or so). This new version “comes out the gate running”.

And I’m not yet noticing any dealbreaker. Even the way a clip is stopped is a better implementation than I’ve noticed in many apps, including on the desktop.

Now, it’s really just been a few minutes. My opinion might shift a lot after significant use.

Still, first impressions do matter for such a product.

@blueveek said:
    After you've used Atom 2 for a while, please consider leaving an honest review on the App Store. Cheers!

I rarely do. I probably will, in this case.

• are there any videos of atom 2 with a launchpad?