Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• edited March 2021

@gregsmith

Gate mode is brilliant in the right context, it means that patterns can launch midway through instead of having to start from the beginning when launched.

the idea with Gate mode is that the pattern is playing in sync (and looping) all the time, but is effectively muted until it is launched.

I use it all the time for patterns that I want to launch with a lead-in.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@BITCRUSHER said:
    Is it a totally different app than the first Atom? Just wondering why it’s another full purchase and not an update?

You paid for an app, Atom 1, but you want a totally new written app, Atom 2, without paying any more cash?
    Serious?

With that in mind, no software company in the world would be left today...

We talking about 10 bucks here, for an amesome app - peanut money!

Well that was the point of my question...if it is all new shit then I don’t mind paying again even if it’s only “peanut money”...but since I just bought Atom 1 and all the other apps I own get kick ass “updates” all the time as part of the norm, well then I have to ask because that seems out of the norm to me...if I had to keep re-buying the 200 or so apps I own everytime there was an update it would be very costly to say the least...am I wrong?

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

@BITCRUSHER said:
    Is it a totally different app than the first Atom? Just wondering why it’s another full purchase and not an update?

There are technical reasons when an app is a full rewrite for making it a separate app. There are even more reasons why a developer should not be expected to work for years for free.

However, if you choose to wait a few days and there will be a bundle that will let you get it for free.

• I have add a page for Atom Piano Roll 2

It would be great if those that are knowledgeable could add information and relevant links:
    https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=atom_piano_roll_2

@winconway @tk32

• @BITCRUSHER said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@BITCRUSHER said:

You paid for an app, Atom 1, but you want a totally new written app, Atom 2, without paying any more cash?
    Serious?

With that in mind, no software company in the world would be left today...

We talking about 10 bucks here, for an amesome app - peanut money!

Well that was the point of my question...if it is all new shit then I don’t mind paying again even if it’s only “peanut money”...but since I just bought Atom 1 and all the other apps I own get kick ass “updates” all the time as part of the norm, well then I have to ask because that seems out of the norm to me...if I had to keep re-buying the 200 or so apps I own everytime there was an update it would be very costly to say the least...am I wrong?

Wait for the bundle then.

• @tk32 said:
    Gate mode is brilliant in the right context, it means that patterns can launch midway through instead of having to start from the beginning when launched.

the idea with Gate mode is that the pattern is playing in sync (and looping) all the time, but is effectively muted until it is launched.

I use it all the time for patterns that I want to launch with a lead-in.

Ah not what I thought it was then. Hold mode always starts from the beginning of the clip on each new note right? (This is what I’d want it to do)

• edited March 2021

@gregsmith said:
    Ah not what I thought it was then. Hold mode always starts from the beginning of the clip on each new note right? (This is what I’d want it to do)

Yes, and Atom 2 also implements Gate mode. And you can use Hold and Gate together at the same time if you want to.

My suggestion: long press the launch button and start experimenting with all the options. See you in a few weeks :tongue:

• Here’s a sneak preview from the upcoming manual that gives a little more detail about the advanced launch modes.

Note this was created during the beta, so I will need to double-check none of the specifics have changed in the release version

• edited March 2021

@tk32 said:
    @gregsmith here’s a reminder of my demo vid that showed one Atom being used to trigger all the others - therefore acting as a pattern sequencer.

There is no special tricks involved, but for convenience I have all my player Atoms set to Hold mode so that the patterns only play while the sequencer notes are sustained (and then un-launch afterwards).

I was vibing to this all the way. You should release more music Tom

• edited March 2021

@tk32 said:
    Here’s a sneak preview from the upcoming manual that gives a little more detail about the advanced launch modes.

Note this was created during the beta, so I will need to double-check none of the specifics have changed in the release version

One more checkbox added since then: “stop on host scrub”. And a few labels renamed for clarity.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:

@BITCRUSHER said:

There are technical reasons when an app is a full rewrite for making it a separate app. There are even more reasons why a developer should not be expected to work for years for free.

However, if you choose to wait a few days and there will be a bundle that will let you get it for free.

Well I already bought it, I was just asking a simple question and I guess I got an answer...thanks Audiobus Forum😎 I will pay anything to make music, it just seemed different than most other apps...I want the dev to get paid for sure...

• Purchased! Amazing !

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

FWIW, I don't think people should jump to the conclusion that people are resentful that an app is a new purchase when they ask about this. iOS users are conditioned to upgrades coming for free forever. It's very rare that an app with the same name and purpose and it's a full new purchase. It can be a perfectly reasonable question without necessarily being driven by entitlement mentality.

There will also be those who purchased an app just weeks or months before a new version comes out. These people are understandably more apt to feel burned.

Also, people often don't realize that there is no mechanism in the App Store to charge for an upgrade to an existing app, especially if coming from the desktop world. IAPs may be practical for adding specific new features, but they really aren't able to be used for more general app upgrades.

Giving benefit of the doubt is reasonable IMO.

• @tk32 said:
    Here’s a sneak preview from the upcoming manual that gives a little more detail about the advanced launch modes.

You know you messed up right 😂😂😂😂. Should not have shown this

• @BITCRUSHER said:

The update option is coming soon.

• That’s very handy! Look fwd for the full manual!

• @blueveek said:

@gregsmith said:

Yes, and Atom 2 also implements Gate mode. And you can use Hold and Gate together at the same time if you want to.

My suggestion: long press the launch button and start experimenting with all the options. See you in a few weeks :tongue:

Amazing. This stuff is what I was mostly looking forward to in atom 2 - I’m a big LK fanboy and have bought a Launchpad Pro Mk3 in preparation. Glad it’s so comprehensive!

@tk32 said:

🤯

• Or is any form out there?

• @tk32 you got skills! Are you a Graphic designer?

• @blueveek said:

@wingwizard said:
    Hi. Can you record pitch bends?

No, CC recording is disabled for this release. An upcoming update will enable all automation.

Thanks :) Great app btw. I m slowing easing back into recording and did something I’d been wanting to try (recorded a brass midi part, exported the midi to staffpad, switched the instrumentation to the posh samples on there, then imported audio to daw)

• @wim said:
    FWIW, I don't think people should jump to the conclusion that people are resentful that an app is a new purchase when they ask about this. iOS users are conditioned to expecting upgrades for free forever. It's very rare that an app with the same name and purpose and it's a full new purchase. It can be a perfectly reasonable question without necessarily being driven by entitlement mentality.

There will also be those who purchased an app just weeks or months before a new version comes out. These people are understandably more apt to feel burned.

Very well said🥂

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    @tk32 you got skills! Are you a Graphic designer?

You know like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.....😂

• @wim said:
    FWIW, I don't think people should jump to the conclusion that people are resentful that an app is a new purchase when they ask about this. iOS users are conditioned to upgrades coming for free forever. It's very rare that an app with the same name and purpose and it's a full new purchase. It can be a perfectly reasonable question without necessarily being driven by entitlement mentality.

Also, people often don't realize that there is no mechanism in the App Store to charge for an upgrade to an existing app, especially if coming from the desktop world. IAPs may be practical for adding specific new features, but they really aren't able to be used for more general app upgrades.

Maybe we could get a a few FAQs added to the wiki page and point people to it for answers

• @blueveek said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    i hope we didn't make this day unbearable for Victor with all the questions and requests! thank you for this app!

I'm just a little tired, not gonna' lie :)

Rest brother, come back in a few days these posts ain’t going no where...

• Purchased but haven't dived in yet. I noticed that the feature where it makes me tea is missing. Any plans on that anytime soon?

• @slicetwo said:
    Purchased but haven't dived in yet. I noticed that the feature where it makes me tea is missing. Any plans on that anytime soon?

I thought your request would have been two slices of toast!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Intrepolicious said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @blueveek : is there an option so that when you tap on the piano roll’s vertical keyboard or a note on the piano roll for it to send out the corresponding MIDI Note? This would be extremely helpful in editing sequences. Maybe it’s there and I am overlooking how to turn that on?

Tap on “Listen” top left side.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@RajahP said:
    Other developers need to look at this Quantize to scale/key.... genius.. revolutionary... Thanks ...

Yep.. Custom scales will be nice, as @Gavinski stated... How do you change the skin color?

No custom scales? Moog gets this right. Why so few apps don’t emulate Moog is strange. It’s an extraordinarily useful feature for creating melodic subsets of a scale.

I don’t get this “custom scale” thing. How about just don’t use any of those pre-defined scales? A chromatic keyboard looks like custom scales to me.

When Atom 2 gets pitchbend support it’d be nice to have the option to import scala files. These allow for scales that are not just based upon the 12 tone western music scales. There are a number of music apps now that support scala so it’d be nice to have Atom 2 as an AU recorder/player too.

• @blueveek said:

@onerez said:
    OK I watched Gavin’s video.... where the heck is the sausage fingers at???

Thanks @blueveek for great app!!!!

See my first post in this thread. Here’s a list of changes and improvements coming in 2.0.1 in a day or two:

• Support for the Launchpad Pro Mk3 controller.
    • A "Sausage Fingers" mode, for people who want bigger UI elements.
    • A "Roboto" font based theme, for people who want larger and more legible text.
    • New pattern controls: "Add Default", "Add Empty", "Add duplicate", "Reset Pattern", "Delete Notes".
    • Help messages using non-destructive processing operations.
    • Better track cloning support in AUM, cloned tracks now also show up in Layers.
    • Better iCloud support, also preventing a crash when iCloud is disabled.
    • Support for simultaneous touch and mouse input. Using both touch and mouse input together will cause instability in 2.0, update to 2.0.1 when it hits to avoid any issues!

Yes on larger font size, I’m enjoying it but it’s really a struggle for me trying to see what’s going on lol. Also I know how to change colors for the tracks, but how do we change the over all setting from light to dark mode like in the pics I see on the App Store or is that even possible? I’m definitely going to have to watch a video to see how a lot of thing work