Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Okay the scripting looks really interesting. Not sure what I'd use it for and when I'd use it over Mozaic, but potentially very powerful.

• @blueveek said:

@auxmux said:
    Any way to trigger patterns besides touch? I can get ab Atom instance to Launch using the Midi Note configuration, but how does one trigger individual patterns within each instance of Atom?

Not yet, but I'm considering adding that. My recommendation however is to embrace the modular nature of Atom and organize your clips based on my explanation in my first post in this thread. If you have a supported controller, follow the "Pad assignment" section.

Thanks for clarifying. That works for now, but triggering individual patterns via midi cc or notes would be perfect, when you don't have a controller around or want to automate playing of patterns with less instances of atom.

• I can’t keep up with this thread. While I was reading, found out there was already an update. :D

• @RajahP said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@blueveek said:
    Oh my...

I wouldn’t be surprised if you were nominated for awards. Truly, you should be. What awards do they give out for apps or music apps or music software etc. does anyone know? I know about Webby’s but don’t think they appply.

Apple needs to nominate him for ‘designing’.. Congrats...

Annual Apple Design Award

• Has anyone else run into a situation where Undo stops being available?

I’ve been editing a short (1 bar) pattern and after editing and recording for a bit, Undo has stopped being available and when I add new notes or move notes, Undo doesn’t become available. This is with the 2.0.1 update.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Has anyone else run into a situation where Undo stops being available?

I’ve been editing a short (1 bar) pattern and after editing and recording for a bit, Undo has stopped being available and when I add new notes or move notes, Undo doesn’t become available. This is with the 2.0.1 update.

I have save the sequence as an AUM preset and undo does not work in it even after clearing the project and restoring it.

• Just purchased.
    Thank you Blueveek! :)

• Anyone see where the “wrap notes” thing Gavinski was talking about, where a note’s tail can be wrapped around to the beginning of a bar?

• @eroxxx said:
    I asked this earlier, but this thread is so (deservedly) popular!

Can you do ratcheting with this??

Can you explain what you mean by this?

@espiegel123 said:
    Has anyone else run into a situation where Undo stops being available?

DM'd.

@Intrepolicious said:
    Anyone see where the “wrap notes” thing Gavinski was talking about, where a note’s tail can be wrapped around to the beginning of a bar?

Long press the "Launch" button, then tick "Loop with Legato" a.k.a "@tk32 mode" :)

• edited March 2021

New midi Sequencer user here.. well BM3 but it's so glitchy and gets frustrating.. I've been WAITING for this!! thank you developers for making this app!!

So i have been hunting trying to find this answer..
    How to midi map an the UNDO? or how to "clear" with midi mapping? Or how to refresh page? Undo all?

I seen the post blueveek said about "Midi Lean" feature (COOL!) but it will not map to anything other than what is listed in the mapping slot in aum (no mapping for undo, refresh or clear)

Is there a work around?

yes i'm slow and need an undo or refresh.. if i can achieve this i can use ATOM in my LIVE SET!!!

STILL REALLY COOL and SMOOTH!! so glad I waited and bought it!

• @blueveek B E A U T I F U L ! ! A work of art.. Congrats on the release.. 👏 Soak it in.. take a breath.. Enjoy the accolades.. you deserve it ALL!
    Also thanks to @tk32 + @winconway (and all other beta testers) for teasing us with the new features over the past days, weeks, months.. you were right.. it was worth the wait + then some..
    This will be used in A LOT.. without question.. as essential as breathing.. Thanks so much.. 👍 🙏

• Can a script get midi from the host or it’s only from midi ports ?

• edited March 2021

@BongoJak said:
    New midi Sequencer user here.. well BM3 but it's so glitchy and gets frustrating.. I've been WAITING for this!! thank you developers for making this app!!

So i have been hunting trying to find this answer..
    How to midi map an the UNDO? or how to "clear" with midi mapping? Or how to refresh page? Undo all?

I seen the post blueveek said about "Midi Lean" feature (COOL!) but it will not map to anything other than what is listed in the mapping slot in aum (no mapping for undo, refresh or clear)

Only the parameters listed in that panel are currently available for mapping. It's quite a few of them, but clearly not enough. I'll make a note about the ones you mentioned.

@mbncp said:
    Can a script get midi from the host or it’s only from midi ports ?

Only ports for now (e.g. hardware devices and virtual MIDI). But I can easily add a callback to notify the script of any other incoming MIDI that's routed into Atom. What would you like to do?

• Really superb work Msr Veek ... potentially revolutionises the whole ios business ... mine at least. So clever! AUM is now a capable DAW.

And your on-screen explanations of the functions etc are quite brilliant. Absolutely necessary too.

I've only had it for 15 minutes and I'm hooked. Everything has changed. Might be worth getting myself a more powerful ipad. I'm already looking forward to the fine tunings and additions to come.

• @blueveek said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    Anyone see where the “wrap notes” thing Gavinski was talking about, where a note’s tail can be wrapped around to the beginning of a bar?

Long press the "Launch" button, then tick "Loop with Legato" a.k.a "@tk32 mode" :)

Ah! Thanks @blueveek (and thank YOU too @tk32!)

• Hi, does anyone know if It’s possible to draw automation for midi CC data with Atom2?

• edited March 2021

@gdog said:
    Hi, does anyone know if It’s possible to draw automation for midi CC data with Atom2?

Not yet. Currently, it is notes only. Cc editing is coming in a future update.

• With clips launching other clips. Using Atom 2 and LK combined its blowing my mind. So many options now. Just been trying out different combos in ApeMatrix these sequencers come clip launchers open non sequence DAWs so much.👍

• @espiegel123 said:

@gdog said:
    Hi, does anyone know if It’s possible to draw automation for midi CC data with Atom2?

Not yet. Currently, it is notes only. Cc editing is coming in a future update.

Thanks for the info! 👍 Good to know it’s coming..😺

• Is it a totally different app than the first Atom? Just wondering why it’s another full purchase and not an update?

• edited March 2021

@Jumpercollins said:
    With clips launching other clips. Using Atom 2 and LK combined its blowing my mind. So many options now. Just been trying out different combos in ApeMatrix these sequencers come clip launchers open non sequence DAWs so much.👍

How are you using it with LK? Do you have LK clips simply sending a note to an atom instance to launch it or is there more to it?

@blueveek I remember talk of using one atom instance as a ‘timeline’ for other atom instances - is this just a case of using note triggers or is there a special sort of instance that can hold other clips as ‘blocks’? (a la caustic)

• @BITCRUSHER said:
    Is it a totally different app than the first Atom? Just wondering why it’s another full purchase and not an update?

You paid for an app, Atom 1, but you want a totally new written app, Atom 2, without paying any more cash?
    Serious?

With that in mind, no software company in the world would be left today...

We talking about 10 bucks here, for an amesome app - peanut money!

• edited March 2021

@gregsmith here’s a reminder of my demo vid that showed one Atom being used to trigger all the others - therefore acting as a pattern sequencer.

There is no special tricks involved, but for convenience I have all my player Atoms set to Hold mode so that the patterns only play while the sequencer notes are sustained (and then un-launch afterwards).

• @tk32 said:
    @gregsmith here’s a reminder of my demo vid that showed one Atom being used to trigger all the others - therefore acting as a pattern sequencer.

There is no special tricks involved, but for convenience I have all my player Atoms set to Hold mode so that the patterns only play while the sequencer notes are sustained (and then un-launch afterwards).

Must have missed that. Thanks!

Great shout re Hold mode. I don’t have ableton but I’ve heard people talk of gate mode for clips which I assume is the same sort of thing? Does it also make the clip launch instantly without waiting for the next bar?

I’ve had issues before in LK when trying to use a note in a clip to launch something else that loops to the next bar, as you have to then wait another loop before it actually launches. This looks like it would solve this but will have a play.

• @blueveek Thank you SO MUCH for the super FAST response!! so i think i figured out a work around for a "clear all" or "undo"... in AUM Save a Pre-set with said bars and functions let's call it "Mix1" .. then add "preset load" then "add Action", then add the Saved Preset "Mix1" then add a midi CC or note from keyboard..

whew! i knew there was a way! sorry, i should have waited to ask my question.. but still would be nice for more midi mapping options specially "undo" and "Clear"

I need to tinker more but i think the midi mapping for "Record" is not saving.. I might need a restart (Launch works amazing!! love all the features for launch as well!!)

Thanks again, this app is AMAZING!!!!