Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• @Intrepolicious said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @blueveek : is there an option so that when you tap on the piano roll’s vertical keyboard or a note on the piano roll for it to send out the corresponding MIDI Note? This would be extremely helpful in editing sequences. Maybe it’s there and I am overlooking how to turn that on?

Tap on “Listen” top left side.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@RajahP said:
    Other developers need to look at this Quantize to scale/key.... genius.. revolutionary... Thanks ...

Yep.. Custom scales will be nice, as @Gavinski stated... How do you change the skin color?

No custom scales? Moog gets this right. Why so few apps don’t emulate Moog is strange. It’s an extraordinarily useful feature for creating melodic subsets of a scale.

I don’t get this “custom scale” thing. How about just don’t use any of those pre-defined scales? A chromatic keyboard looks like custom scales to me.

Actually, one approach I was thinking about is having "suggested scales" based on played notes or the notes you already recorded, just above the "favorites" section. One reason is to prove that really there's an insane amount of root note + interval combinations to choose from :) The other reason is that it would be cool.

• edited March 2021

I saw this on YouTube

• @Intrepolicious said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @blueveek : is there an option so that when you tap on the piano roll’s vertical keyboard or a note on the piano roll for it to send out the corresponding MIDI Note? This would be extremely helpful in editing sequences. Maybe it’s there and I am overlooking how to turn that on?

Thanks. I could have sworn I tried that. I must have had something else set up wrong . Now it works for me.

It would be nice if tapping on the vertical keyboard keys sent a note, too.

• Any way to trigger patterns besides touch? I can get ab Atom instance to Launch using the Midi Note configuration, but how does one trigger individual patterns within each instance of Atom?

• @blueveek said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@RajahP said:
    Other developers need to look at this Quantize to scale/key.... genius.. revolutionary... Thanks ...

Yep.. Custom scales will be nice, as @Gavinski stated... How do you change the skin color?

No custom scales? Moog gets this right. Why so few apps don’t emulate Moog is strange. It’s an extraordinarily useful feature for creating melodic subsets of a scale.

I don’t get this “custom scale” thing. How about just don’t use any of those pre-defined scales? A chromatic keyboard looks like custom scales to me.

Actually, one approach I was thinking about is having "suggested scales" based on played notes or the notes you already recorded, just above the "favorites" section. One reason is to prove that really there's an insane amount of root note + interval combinations to choose from :) The other reason is that it would be cool.

You keep adding to that section and we won’t need anyone creative sitting on the other side of the glass, for you will have made all the music for them! lol

• @auxmux said:
    Any way to trigger patterns besides touch? I can get ab Atom instance to Launch using the Midi Note configuration, but how does one trigger individual patterns within each instance of Atom?

Not yet, but I'm considering adding that. My recommendation however is to embrace the modular nature of Atom and organize your clips based on my explanation in my first post in this thread. If you have a supported controller, follow the "Pad assignment" section.

• @sch said:
    I’m obviously missing something fundamental here, but I cannot seem to setup and use this inside NanoStudio 2. It doesn’t appear as a MIDI effect, nor as an AUv3 instrument. I know, for example, that KB-1 is available to me in the MIDI effects, but ATOM 2 is nowhere to be found. I have restarted NS2 to reboot the database but still no joy!

It appears for me in NS2 when I go to add an external MIDI FX. I have not had to reboot or anything.

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@espiegel123 said:

Thanks. I could have sworn I tried that. I must have had something else set up wrong . Now it works for me.

It would be nice if tapping on the vertical keyboard keys sent a note, too.

+1 for @espiegel123 's request! B)

I have listen turned on, and I don't hear any notes when tapping on the vertical keyboard at the left. I do hear them when I add a note to the piano roll, but that's not what I'm after. I read the whole thread to see if anyone else requested this.

@blueveek - Please, please add sending notes when tapping the vertical keyboard at the left. This is a great way to quickly zero in on where one wants to add a note before adding it. I know you can use the AUM keyboard, but that takes up screen real-estate and often forces window resizing. Plus, when you do find the note you want, you then have to find it again in the grid. Tapping the left side is so much easier.

Thanks for listening, and many, many thanks for your terrific work.

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

P.S. @blueveek - you should put an affiliate link on your website for all the LaunchPads you're gonna sell with this thing. :D
    U and Imaginando already crushed my 10-years of self control not to buy one.

• @Intrepolicious said:

Diatonic controllers can be very expressive and useful, even for people who have the chops to play chromatic controllers. For example, set Animoog’s kb to an arpeggio or pentatonic, then just swipe back and forth. Instant gratification!

For a sequencer app, being able to filter input and sort it into a custom scale is also very useful. It would be great if Rozeta Scaler had custom scales, for example.

• You should probably let Peter Kirn know about it. He loves this kind of stuff, and a lot of people read CreateDigitalMusic.

• Update 2.0.1 just released and includes the following:

• Support for the Launchpad Pro Mk3 controller.
    • A "Sausage Fingers" mode, for people who want bigger UI elements.
    • A "Roboto" font based theme, for people who want larger and more legible text.
    • New pattern controls: "Add Default", "Add Empty", "Add duplicate", "Reset Pattern", "Delete Notes".
    • Help messages when using non-destructive processing operations.
    • Better track cloning support in AUM, cloned tracks now also show up in Layers.
    • Better iCloud support, also preventing a crash when iCloud is disabled.
    • Support for simultaneous touch and mouse input. Using both touch and mouse input together would cause instability in 2.0
  • What took you so long??

• edited March 2021

In the App Store now...looking forward to checking it out!

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

@StudioSisu said:
    Okay, so what do I do with Atom 1? (I paid hard $$ for it!)

I would tell you what I think you should do with it, but this is supposed to be a family friendly place. :D

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

@StudioSisu said:
    Okay, so what do I do with Atom 1? (I paid hard $$ for it!)

Seriously though, if you are bugged about it and haven't bought it yet, wait a few days and there will be a bundle and you won't have to pay anything for Atom 2. It takes a few days for Apple to approve those bundles.

Many here are happy to purchase without the bundle to thank the developer, but of course not everyone is in a position to do that.

• edited March 2021

-

• @blueveek said:

@Gilbert said:

@blueveek said:

@Gilbert said:
    @ blueveek, why chords (from Tonality or ChordPolyPad) are recorded correctly in Atom1 but randomly arpegiated in Atom2?

You have step input enabled.

@blueveek yes, I would like like to step record them, like in Atom1, which is simple and quick input.
    Is this option removed on Atom2?

Ah, gotcha! Step input inserts each note step by step with chords. I think it's also reasonable to expect notes that come in very close succession to be input together. I'll add this in an update in the very near future.

Thanks @blueveek. I had disabled "Randomize Attack" in Tonality to get the notes of the chords played simultaneously, but still they were recorded one at a time in step mode.
    Anyway I have found a workaround for the moment.
    Enjoying this wonderful piece of software, a must for any iOS midi producer.

BTW, how to create a multiselection of notes non adjacentes?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @bluev>; @tk32 said:

@Jumpercollins

Here's a very short step-by-step for triggering one Atom with another..

• One of your Atom clips will be the 'trigger'; the other will be the 'player'.
    • The 'trigger' should contain the trigger note (e.g. C3) and be routed so that its output feeds into the 'player'.
    • The 'player' will need to have its custom Launch note set to C3 so that it begins playback whenever it receives that precise note. I also recommend disabling MIDI THRU on the clip menu (top left) so that the trigger note is not passed through the player and ends up being heard (in other words, the C3 'trigger' note should terminate as it reaches the 'player')
    • Finally route your 'player' into whatever synth or plugin is responsible for making sound.

Hope this helps

@tk32

Thanks for the expample but I’m still having still no joy.

I Can get AUM keyboard to trigger Atom 2 but not Atom 2 itself.

I put a midi monitor between output and it’s showing no triggering.

That dotted line around clip 1:3 means you have an infinite loop in the MIDI routing.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@sch said:
    I’m obviously missing something fundamental here, but I cannot seem to setup and use this inside NanoStudio 2. It doesn’t appear as a MIDI effect, nor as an AUv3 instrument. I know, for example, that KB-1 is available to me in the MIDI effects, but ATOM 2 is nowhere to be found. I have restarted NS2 to reboot the database but still no joy!

It appears for me in NS2 when I go to add an external MIDI FX. I have not had to reboot or anything.

I ended up having to do multiple iPad reboots before it finally showed up in NS2. Naturally, during this procedure, the iPad decided to disable my Wi-Fi switch, upon which much hair was yanked and clothes rent to discover the solution and rectify this.

(If your Wi-Fi with in Settings becomes disabled, go the Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, and then WAIT... it does a kind of a reboot finally and the switch becomes active again.)

• Do we not have a velocity panel like in Atom 1? Where one could easily change per note velocities.

• @blueveek said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @bluev>; @tk32 said:

@Jumpercollins

Here's a very short step-by-step for triggering one Atom with another..

• One of your Atom clips will be the 'trigger'; the other will be the 'player'.
    • The 'trigger' should contain the trigger note (e.g. C3) and be routed so that its output feeds into the 'player'.
    • The 'player' will need to have its custom Launch note set to C3 so that it begins playback whenever it receives that precise note. I also recommend disabling MIDI THRU on the clip menu (top left) so that the trigger note is not passed through the player and ends up being heard (in other words, the C3 'trigger' note should terminate as it reaches the 'player')
    • Finally route your 'player' into whatever synth or plugin is responsible for making sound.

Hope this helps

@tk32

Thanks for the expample but I’m still having still no joy.

I Can get AUM keyboard to trigger Atom 2 but not Atom 2 itself.

I put a midi monitor between output and it’s showing no triggering.

That dotted line around clip 1:3 means you have an infinite loop in the MIDI routing.

@blueveek Thanks finally that sorted it. Early days and all that !

• @blueveek - Please, please add sending notes when tapping the vertical keyboard at the left. This is a great way to quickly zero in on where one wants to add a note before adding it. I know you can use the AUM keyboard, but that takes up screen real-estate and often forces window resizing. Plus, when you do find the note you want, you then have to find it again in the grid. Tapping the left side is so much easier.

Thanks for listening, and many, many thanks for your terrific work.

Yes, great work. Really would be nice to hear notes via vertical keyboard.

• @winconway said:

@hansjbs said:
    Congrats @blueveek !!! Instant buy for me. Not waiting for bundle, you deserve this purchase with all that work you did.

I know you were in the “I will support his work, but it is not much use to me in B3 with Piano Roll 1” camp, I actually know you very specifically you personally are gonna absolutely love this, once you start seeing it as the things i mention above, I know you are gonna smash this to pieces.

Yeah I can’t wait to start digging in this. I’ve read some of the features and it has some features from Fl Studio that I love. Trying to get a BM3 midi Fx thing going so this can work without midi route app.

• @CapnWillie said:

@hansjbs said:
    Congrats @blueveek !!! Instant buy for me. Not waiting for bundle, you deserve this purchase with all that work you did.

Wondering how you’ll be using it as we have similar workflows. Do you AUM also or planning to use in Bm3?

Have you ever used Fl studio and familiar with it’s piano roll? This can do things like move things up/down one octave easily, reverse midi notes, ghost notes and then some. Just with those alone I was already in. These are some of the things some of us have talked about that we want in BM3 piano roll

• i hope we didn't make this day unbearable for Victor with all the questions and requests! thank you for this app!

• Wish people would shut up about things some of us can't use while at work...

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    i hope we didn't make this day unbearable for Victor with all the questions and requests! thank you for this app!

I'm just a little tired, not gonna' lie :)

• @winconway said:

There are some deep dive videos coming, I was a bit slow on the early release thing, so I apologise that they aren't up yet.

>
    Good to know. I was asking Tom earlier if you were making videos. Looking forward to them.

• I asked this earlier, but this thread is so (deservedly) popular!

Can you do ratcheting with this??