Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blueveek said:
    There's definitely going to be a bunch of controls needed for "black box" automation.

By “black box” automation do you mean being able to record a real time performance that includes PitchBend AT and cc data along with the notes? And then playing it all back as part of the clip and exporting it in the midi file. I think this is what many people need ASAP. To many this data is an integral part of performance. Is it possible to do this now with a script? Even if we can’t edit or even see it for now. Just record it until you have time to implement it with the elegance of the rest of the app. Maybe a “record all automation” on/off button. Thanks much for this gargantuan effort.

• @blueveek said:

@Gilbert said:
    @ blueveek, why chords (from Tonality or ChordPolyPad) are recorded correctly in Atom1 but randomly arpegiated in Atom2?

You have step input enabled.

Could be used as an interesting compositional trick!

• edited March 2021

@audiblevideo said:

@blueveek said:

@Gilbert said:
    @ blueveek, why chords (from Tonality or ChordPolyPad) are recorded correctly in Atom1 but randomly arpegiated in Atom2?

You have step input enabled.

Could be used as an interesting compositional trick!

Yes! That was my thinking when enabling it. However, I now see that there should be an option to do both.

• @winconway said:

@auxmux said:
    Cool, thanks @winconway. Good to know visual folded notes are on roadmap. Definitely, saves a step when manually entering notes.

How are patterns triggered?

Long press launch button, all the launch settings are in there.

Got it, don't quite get it. Are the launch notes to trigger each pattern?

• @jpm47 said:
    Just bought Atom 2 but my previous presets from Atom don’t appear. What can I do to open them?

Atom 1 presets can't be opened by Atom 2. You could send their output to Atom 2 and record them to transfer them.

• Oh my...

• @blueveek said:
    Oh my...

Well deserved.

• @blueveek said:
    Oh my...

Big up, @blueveek ! 👊

• edited March 2021

Not really directly an Atom issue, but is anyone else not able to upgrade to iCloud drive? It's not letting me upgrade whatsoever and the page kinda glitches out when I go to turn it on

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19w4r0IRKjTTe5vaR84DzrgmV-8A2digJ/view?usp=drivesdk

edit: also is there a different way to do it? Or a workaround of some kind?

• I’m sure I’ll get more out of ATOM2 as time goes on, but for now I’m super happy I can record my AUM midi, EDIT it, and record THAT into Xequencer for CC automation.

Just for that it was worth the $10
    Thanks @blueveek

I’d encourage those who can to buy at full price to support the work

• @espiegel123 said:

@jpm47 said:
    Just bought Atom 2 but my previous presets from Atom don’t appear. What can I do to open them?

Atom 1 presets can't be opened by Atom 2. You could send their output to Atom 2 and record them to transfer them.

Thank you very much! So glad that Atom 2 is out. A great app from a great guy!

• @blueveek : is there an option so that when you tap on the piano roll’s vertical keyboard or a note on the piano roll for it to send out the corresponding MIDI Note? This would be extremely helpful in editing sequences. Maybe it’s there and I am overlooking how to turn that on?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @blueveek : is there an option so that when you tap on the piano roll’s vertical keyboard or a note on the piano roll for it to send out the corresponding MIDI Note? This would be extremely helpful in editing sequences. Maybe it’s there and I am overlooking how to turn that on?

It would also be nice to have an option for the vertical keyboard to animate when MIDI is received so that one can see what the corresponding note is.

• @RajahP said:
    Other developers need to look at this Quantize to scale/key.... genius.. revolutionary... Thanks ...

Yep.. Custom scales will be nice, as @Gavinski stated... How do you change the skin color?

No custom scales? Moog gets this right. Why so few apps don’t emulate Moog is strange. It’s an extraordinarily useful feature for creating melodic subsets of a scale.

• @winconway Been trying to get one instance of Atom 2 to trigger another using C3 in the first instance on the piano roll to trigger the other instance all in AUM with midi out from one in another with midi selected. I can’t seem to get it to work. Any help appreciated. See screenshot.

• edited March 2021

@Jumpercollins

Here's a very short step-by-step for triggering one Atom with another..

• One of your Atom clips will be the 'trigger'; the other will be the 'player'.
    • The 'trigger' should contain the trigger note (e.g. C3) and be routed so that its output feeds into the 'player'.
    • The 'player' will need to have its custom Launch note set to C3 so that it begins playback whenever it receives that precise note. I also recommend disabling MIDI THRU on the clip menu (top left) so that the trigger note is not passed through the player and ends up being heard (in other words, the C3 'trigger' note should terminate as it reaches the 'player')
    • Finally route your 'player' into whatever synth or plugin is responsible for making sound.

Hope this helps

• @blueveek you’re a legend and have seriously brought iOS music making into a new era! Thanks

• @Owgill said:
    I’m not seeing the stretch dynamic panel that was in Atom1. Is this total user error?

Stretch is still on the roadmap. My guess is that it interacts awkwardly with the new non-destructive processes in Atom2, and may need some more development work before its ready to make the release version.

• Holy hell! @blueveek after five minutes I can tell that this is in the top 3, at least for me and my workflow, must have iOS music apps out there. Swing, probabilities, velocity, humanization, midi import, midi export, everything from Atom one, plus so, so, so, much more... I’m in love. This is such a huge release and a major step forward for iOS music making. You deserve awards. congratulations @blueveek this is an absolute masterpiece. You’ve made my 2021. And although the wait was long (for valid reasons I know) and filled with impatience, ultimately it was worth it.

• I’m obviously missing something fundamental here, but I cannot seem to setup and use this inside NanoStudio 2. It doesn’t appear as a MIDI effect, nor as an AUv3 instrument. I know, for example, that KB-1 is available to me in the MIDI effects, but ATOM 2 is nowhere to be found. I have restarted NS2 to reboot the database but still no joy!

• @blueveek Dude are you single? Asking for a friend. Lol.

• I bought this at full price to support the work, despite owning Atom1! I can't even play music right now because my left ear is messed up, but just want to say thank you for this gift to the community, @blueveek ! We are lucky to have devs like you looking out for us. :wink:

• @blueveek said:
    Oh my...

I wouldn’t be surprised if you were nominated for awards. Truly, you should be. What awards do they give out for apps or music apps or music software etc. does anyone know? I know about Webby’s but don’t think they appply.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@blueveek said:
    Oh my...

I wouldn’t be surprised if you were nominated for awards. Truly, you should be. What awards do they give out for apps or music apps or music software etc. does anyone know? I know about Webby’s but don’t think they appply.

Apple needs to nominate him for ‘designing’.. Congrats...

• edited March 2021

@Jumpercollins said:
    @winconway Been trying to get one instance of Atom 2 to trigger another using C3 in the first instance on the piano roll to trigger the other instance all in AUM with midi out from one in another with midi selected. I can’t seem to get it to work. Any help appreciated. See screenshot.

Damn that screenshot looks fire!

First, make sure your instance at the top is not muted. It won't emit any notes if it is :)

Another thing you can do in addition to what @tk32 has mentioned is set the launch mode to "hold" on your bottom (child) instance. That way you can draw full notes in your master sequencer instance. That way, note rows in that instance actually sort of looks tracks in a linear DAW.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @blueveek : is there an option so that when you tap on the piano roll’s vertical keyboard or a note on the piano roll for it to send out the corresponding MIDI Note? This would be extremely helpful in editing sequences. Maybe it’s there and I am overlooking how to turn that on?

Tap on “Listen” top left side.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@RajahP said:
    Other developers need to look at this Quantize to scale/key.... genius.. revolutionary... Thanks ...

Yep.. Custom scales will be nice, as @Gavinski stated... How do you change the skin color?

No custom scales? Moog gets this right. Why so few apps don’t emulate Moog is strange. It’s an extraordinarily useful feature for creating melodic subsets of a scale.

I don’t get this “custom scale” thing. How about just don’t use any of those pre-defined scales? A chromatic keyboard looks like custom scales to me.